Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritz

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    It doesn’t roll on but just comes in a tube and you twist bottom to push up.... kinda like normal deodorant stick.
    This is genius for those who apply waxes/sealants with a DA.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Mary B, Coatings=crack, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Rained today. Beading not as tight as it was freshly applied and i’d say is more tied with cosmic which is still amazing. Rain beads rolled off at about the same speed but gyeon wax was faster last week.

Gyeon wax:

PA Cosmic Spritz:

Mid hood:

Beads a little smaller on Gyeon side (right)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Tc99m, Curioso liked this post
    Thanks Curioso, acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Rained today. Beading not as tight as it was freshly applied and i’d say is more tied with cosmic which is still amazing. Rain beads rolled off at about the same speed but gyeon wax was faster last week.

Gyeon wax:

PA Cosmic Spritz:

Mid hood:

Beads a little smaller on Gyeon side (right)

This is where I wonder if what is essentially still a `wax` can compete on self cleaning with dedicated coating toppers with a core component of SiO2. I found Cosmic to keep performing at its highest level on the flat panels regardless of what was thrown at it, which is testament to that.

How`s the paint feel relative to Cosmic, I don`t find it to be very slick in comparison to other products, is Gyeon Wax and better on that front?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Curioso thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    How`s the paint feel relative to Cosmic, I don`t find it to be very slick in comparison to other products, is Gyeon Wax and better on that front?

Gyeon Wax is quite slick...not Gyeon Syncro slick but wax-ish slick. I`m still waiting for it to rain on the 3 vehicles I put it on 10 days ago
    Likes Curioso, atbalfour, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes as budget said its pretty slick. With smaller beads and a little less water in total i would give a slight edge to Gyeon wax after looking at picks.

Height of beads down to same.

I get about 2-3 months where i’m happy with Cosmic. It still 75-80% their but at that point beading is at levels of other basic sio2 sealants.

Likes Curioso, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Gyeon Wax is quite slick...not Gyeon Syncro slick but wax-ish slick. I`m still waiting for it to rain on the 3 vehicles I put it on 10 days ago
    @budgetplan1 @coating=crack How do you find the gloss/look compared to Cosmic?
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes as budget said its pretty slick. With smaller beads and a little less water in total i would give a slight edge to Gyeon wax after looking at picks.

Height of beads down to same.

I get about 2-3 months where i’m happy with Cosmic. It still 75-80% their but at that point beading is at levels of other basic sio2 sealants.

Sadly I get nowhere near that with polish angel LSPs. I`ve found 4 reset washes are sufficient to remove any visual trace of Cosmic from a fully decon`d, panel prepped car with a coating applied. How do I know it`s gone, I don`t for sure but it`s water behaviour is very unique, as was my base coating of cancoat, so that gives a reasonable indication. It fares marginally better on a standalone basis, but let any form of (even neutral) snow foam dwell on it and the top top performance lasts a fortnight. Avoiding even the neutral free rinsing snow foams it`ll do 7 weeks tops before it takes a real dip.. and that`s wrapping it in cotton wool, which is a bit ridiculous to have to do. Cancoat, in comparison makes a mockery of the expected durability claims and don`t get me started on that snake oil Primer Spritz at £59 for 200ml.

I used to love Cosmic, it`s so addictive to use it took me quite a while to just leave the car be and stop with the regular top ups.. That`s the dangerous hamster wheel you get on with PA stuff, it doesn`t last and it`s saving grace is that it`s so damn easy and addictive to reapply. Once you get wise to viscous cycle as I have recently, you realise that it`s gains are marginal. There are cheaper products that do 95 percent of the same thing. And it`s fundamentally grabby.. once you`ve tried a slicker alternative it`s something difficult to un-feel. How much slicker is Cosmic than BSD, not a tonne. Doesn`t smell much different either.....

It`s look is unique, but not overwhelmingly so.. no jetting effect whatsoever but optically very clear so it is fantastic on metallic paint, less fantastic on flat blacks etc.

Cosmic is one expensive QD... speculating but I`m not sure you`d get the 7 months durability they suggest it will give on a Sunday driven garage queen. People will point fingers and say it was my routine etc etc... I physically altered every bit of said routine, spending a lot of time and money in the process... to come to this overall conclusion.

As always YMMV.

Likes roscopervis, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly I get nowhere near that with polish angel LSPs. I`ve found 4 reset washes are sufficient to remove any visual trace of Cosmic from a fully decon`d, panel prepped car with a coating applied. How do I know it`s gone, I don`t for sure but it`s water behaviour is very unique, as was my base coating of cancoat, so that gives a reasonable indication. It fares marginally better on a standalone basis, but let any form of (even neutral) snow foam dwell on it and the top top performance lasts a fortnight. Avoiding even the neutral free rinsing snow foams it`ll do 7 weeks tops before it takes a real dip.. and that`s wrapping it in cotton wool, which is a bit ridiculous to have to do. Cancoat, in comparison makes a mockery of the expected durability claims and don`t get me started on that snake oil Primer Spritz at £59 for 200ml.

I used to love Cosmic, it`s so addictive to use it took me quite a while to just leave the car be and stop with the regular top ups.. That`s the dangerous hamster wheel you get on with PA stuff, it doesn`t last and it`s saving grace is that it`s so damn easy and addictive to reapply. Once you get wise to viscous cycle as I have recently, you realise that it`s gains are marginal. There are cheaper products that do 95 percent of the same thing. And it`s fundamentally grabby.. once you`ve tried a slicker alternative it`s something difficult to un-feel. How much slicker is Cosmic than BSD, not a tonne. Doesn`t smell much different either.....

It`s look is unique, but not overwhelmingly so.. no jetting effect whatsoever but optically very clear so it is fantastic on metallic paint, less fantastic on flat blacks etc.

Cosmic is one expensive QD... speculating but I`m not sure you`d get the 7 months durability they suggest it will give on a Sunday driven garage queen. People will point fingers and say it was my routine etc etc... I physically altered every bit of said routine, spending a lot of time and money in the process... to come to this overall conclusion.

As always YMMV.

YMMV...Yeah i’m guessing environmental differences. as long as I stayed away from BH autofoam no problem getting 2 months.... even with Reset.

As for visuals your view (pun intended) is flaw. The way the eye pics up jetting, gloss and depth is different for almost every eye... weather slightly or greatly. Just as alot of people interpret colors differently.

I see a huge gloss difference on flat black.... not so difference on flat white.... as for metallics, for me, it depends on the base color. I’ m sure Budget sees Cosmic different than our views as well.

If Cosmic has fallen out of favor then what do you prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used a snow foam with a pH of over 7.5 on Polish Angel LSPs in at least 8 months as quite literally that is flushing your money down the drain.

Even though it`s chemical resistance is pretty poor for a product of it`s type, this isn`t my issue here.. it`s that actually regardless of maintenance product pH it`s just not durable and PA`s claims (esp in the case of Primer) are simply delusional. I do a lot of testing and have multiple moving and static panels which I monitor and maintain (not quite the size of Budget`s fleet mind!!).

Forget driving, forget road film and salt, forget tree sap, iron fallout, limescale deposits, tar, pollen which can all cause noticeable degradation. I have one test panel which much to my wife`s annoyance sits in our back garden not exposed to anything but dust, rain and sun. I wash that panel every week before doing my own car, I`ve repeated the test 3 times (including with different polishes, different panel wipes, 2 or sometimes three coats, brought the panel inside to cure etc)... all 3 tests showed the initial performance to drop away after 4 Reset washes, water starts to stick and beading turns to fast sheeting at the 7 or 8 week stage.. I could list every permutation, using different bottles of Cosmic (both under 6 months old) etc etc. but I`m conscious that I`ve already sidetracked the thread more than enough!

Just know that I`ve written tens, maybe hundreds of posts about how good Cosmic is, so this is more than a bit of a climbdown. I`ve no issues admitting when I misjudge something, in the case of Cosmic I knew it was terrible against alkalines, it just took me stop the topping to work out that it doesn`t last full stop, and when you try a much wider range of LSPs, Cosmic actually feels grabby in comparison.

Re. visuals... far from flawed, suggest you do some digging on Detailing World (vs. BSD, Overcoat, OSM, CarPro Lite and others) and tests from Car Craft comparing vs. BSD, Bowdens and Zaino... these tests really remove the subjective nonsense where a large proportion is what you want to see. While I was being deliberately flippant with my comment about Cosmic effectively being an overpriced BSD, bar usability and perhaps a tiny bit less grab, I don`t think they`re a million miles apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EzZ9nelfhk&t=795s

In terms of what I am using now.. I`m not really committed to any one thing and testing lots of different stuff. I received a 100ml sample of IGL Premier yesterday for example and liking the results so far. There are a couple of other European and UK based toppers which I can`t say much about at the moment but to be honest I`ve found coatings, even Lite coatings to just work much better untopped. Unless the coating has a noticeable deficiency in one area, or the looks fade over time.

For a really good all round product like Cancoat for example, no topper will improve the look, self cleaning or hydrophobics, so unless it`s bringing something else to the table that Cancoat isn`t known for (slickness for example) I actually found myself questioning why I even bother searching for the holy grail of toppers, when it`s so easy to apply a lite-coating periodically! Besides, weekly or fortnightly application (without full decon) of anything other than a QD leads to diminishing returns (reduced gloss, reduced LSP adhesion, in some cases making chemical decontamination more difficult).. I decon my car 4 times a year so if I was in the cycle of topping my car, I`d ideally want that topper to last those 3 months... we all have different standards and expectations but Cosmic struggles to show any reasonable performance past the 2 month mark, hence why it no longer fits my routine.

If you`ve got different results, lucky you. Please tell me what I`m doing wrong Gyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritzGyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritz

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used a snow foam with a pH of over 7.5 on Polish Angel LSPs in at least 8 months as quite literally that is flushing your money down the drain.

Even though it`s chemical resistance is pretty poor for a product of it`s type, this isn`t my issue here.. it`s that actually regardless of maintenance product pH it`s just not durable and PA`s claims (esp in the case of Primer) are simply delusional. I do a lot of testing and have multiple moving and static panels which I monitor and maintain (not quite the size of Budget`s fleet mind!!).

Forget driving, forget road film and salt, forget tree sap, iron fallout, limescale deposits, tar, pollen which can all cause noticeable degradation. I have one test panel which much to my wife`s annoyance sits in our back garden not exposed to anything but dust, rain and sun. I wash that panel every week before doing my own car, I`ve repeated the test 3 times (including with different polishes, different panel wipes, 2 or sometimes three coats, brought the panel inside to cure etc)... all 3 tests showed the initial performance to drop away after 4 Reset washes, water starts to stick and beading turns to fast sheeting at the 7 or 8 week stage.. I could list every permutation, using different bottles of Cosmic (both under 6 months old) etc etc. but I`m conscious that I`ve already sidetracked the thread more than enough!

Just know that I`ve written tens, maybe hundreds of posts about how good Cosmic is, so this is more than a bit of a climbdown. I`ve no issues admitting when I misjudge something, in the case of Cosmic I knew it was terrible against alkalines, it just took me stop the topping to work out that it doesn`t last full stop, and when you try a much wider range of LSPs, Cosmic actually feels grabby in comparison.

Re. visuals... far from flawed, suggest you do some digging on Detailing World (vs. BSD, Overcoat, OSM, CarPro Lite and others) and tests from Car Craft comparing vs. BSD, Bowdens and Zaino... these tests really remove the subjective nonsense where a large proportion is what you want to see. While I was being deliberately flippant with my comment about Cosmic effectively being an overpriced BSD, bar usability and perhaps a tiny bit less grab, I don`t think they`re a million miles apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EzZ9nelfhk&t=795s

In terms of what I am using now.. I`m not really committed to any one thing and testing lots of different stuff. I received a 100ml sample of IGL Premier yesterday for example and liking the results so far. There are a couple of other European and UK based toppers which I can`t say much about at the moment but to be honest I`ve found coatings, even Lite coatings to just work much better untopped. Unless the coating has a noticeable deficiency in one area, or the looks fade over time.

For a really good all round product like Cancoat for example, no topper will improve the look, self cleaning or hydrophobics, so unless it`s bringing something else to the table that Cancoat isn`t known for (slickness for example) I actually found myself questioning why I even bother searching for the holy grail of toppers, when it`s so easy to apply a lite-coating periodically! Besides, weekly or fortnightly application (without full decon) of anything other than a QD leads to diminishing returns (reduced gloss, reduced LSP adhesion, in some cases making chemical decontamination more difficult).. I decon my car 4 times a year so if I was in the cycle of topping my car, I`d ideally want that topper to last those 3 months... we all have different standards and expectations but Cosmic struggles to show any reasonable performance past the 2 month mark, hence why it no longer fits my routine.

If you`ve got different results, lucky you. Please tell me what I`m doing wrong Gyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritzGyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritz
    No not at all stated the same... fall off at 2-3 months. Really about same for all LSP’s except coatings.... they may be their but not at performing at a rate i’m good with.

As for testing (gloss readings) only read gloss, not jetting depth and shine. It could have the highest gloss readings in the world but if it doesn’t look good to yourself then it doesn’t matter.

I ask what you are using because if it’s a UK only product i’ve ordered a couple times a yr from UF and wouldn’t mind trying something new.

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some shots today of rain: mid hood with about a 50/50 off both: both looking well LACS R: GW

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates. Have you washed the bonnet yet and if so, what with?

I am intrigued about the regular weekly wash durability of Gyeon Wax vs Cosmic. I know that Cosmic doesn`t hang around, where Gyeon can often be conservative with their durability claims... take Cancoat as an example!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a couple of rinseless washes. On with Griots BSR and one with Mckees 914

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curioso View Post
    @budgetplan1 @coating=crack How do you find the gloss/look compared to Cosmic?
    Sorry i missed this. Can’t really compare gloss as on white both looked good. Didn’t see a huge difference

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Q2 wax vs Polish Angel Cosmic spritz

Gyeon wax:

PA Cosmic

Washed with Optimum Car Wash. Good soap, PH balanced and foams well if that matters. Nice lubricity.

Beads seem to be very similar. Things i’ve notice: Cosmic seems to be glossier. At least on non metallic white. Gyeon Wax sheets the beads off better

Gyeon wax:

You can see where it pools up and runs off the car

Pa Cosmic

Another note:

Although I have not notice any degradation The Cosmic is 1.5 years old. Love that the Gyeon Wax has a 5 year life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information