Thread: Gyeon Q² WAX

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Q² WAX

-gwax.jpg

Well, so much for “I ain’t buying any more stuff just outta curiosity” but the Siren Song of a fluorine product was just too tempting; I didn’t end up shipwrecked though so that’s a plus.

I kinda dig products with fluorine as the water behavior is quite entertaining; always enjoyed Gyeon Booster when I used Mohs and since Booster is now discontinued, Gyeon was kind enough to drop the fluorine in their new Q² Wax.

Manufacturer Description

https://gyeonquartz.com/product/wax/

FLUORINE BASED
    We took our know how and expertise in coating formulations and used to create an unconventional wax. Q² Wax includes fluorine in its formula. As in the legendary Q² Booster, a highly reactive topcoat, it is the guarantee of great performance, enormous beading and great gloss. It is a perfect stand-alone product, dedicated to DIY users and enthusiasts, but will also surprise detailing professionals as an entry level protection product, as well as a great top up to one of our ceramic coatings.

RESISTANT & EASY TO USE
    Q² WAX is an extremely glossy wax for any colour with outstanding hydrophobic properties. What makes it stand out, is extremely easy application and wipe off, making it a real pleasure to use.

WATCH PRODUCT VIDEO: https://youtu.be/JkrWT_x31CE

BEST PRACTICE AND PRO-TIPS FROM YVES HEYLEN

Preparation is key! Make sure to wash and degrease the surface properly for maximum performance. Apply a light and uniform layer over dry paintwork. Leave it to cure for a minimum of 30 minutes before wipe-off. We recommend using Q²M PolishWipe for that task.
    Interesting to note that mfg website instructions mention a applying a ‘light’ amount while the container, in the format of a stick deodorant (or a big jumbo ‘thing’ of ChapStick notes a ‘moderate amount’. Obviously very easy and entertaining to roll up a fresh ‘cap’ of the wax, apply to applicator and it goes on smooth and easy. Wait 30 minutes and remove like any other wax. I waited about 45 minutes for one area where I had applied overly heavy to see what happened and it took a bit more effort to remove but really no big deal; certainly not in the vein of Collinite 915 left on the surface to long.

I had decon’d the hoods of the 2 Rangers, compounded and polished and wiped down with IGL PreCoat. The Q² Wax has a nice citrus odor which coincidentally complimented the citrus in the IGL Precoat. For the coated van, just a quick wash and wipedown with the IGL PreCoat before applying the Q² Wax.

Vehicle & application specifics:

Van 10: 2020 Race Red Ford Transit E250: SPS Graphene + Graphene Detailer on all paint, headlights & trim. March 7, 2020. March 18, 2021: Chemical decon on hood, applied 1 layer Gyeon Q² Wax.

Ranger 6: Gyeon Mohs + Cure applied 02/2017; wash, decon Gyeon CanCoat refresh 10/2017. March 18, 2021: Decon, compound & polish hood, applied 1 layer of Gyeon Q² Wax.

Ranger 7: Gloss Shop Ceramic Coating V2 applied 10/2017. Decon, compound & polish hood, applied 1 layer Gyeon Q² Wax to passenger side of hood, 1 layer Gyeon Cancoat to drivers side of hood, left depression in middle of hood bare.
    The Q² Wax left the surface nicely slick and glossy, pleasing to the touch if you’re into that kinda thing. Instructions note 12hrs for full cure and the vehicles will stay inside for the next 72hrs regardless. I don’t expect great longevity outta it (they indicate 3 months I believe) so it will be no match for CanCoat in that area but will be interesting to see the Q² Wax vs CanCoat water behavior ‘cuz CanCoat has always been excellent in that area.

All in all, fun stuff that will likely (hopefully) present some fine liquid entertainment as it drives through the rain. The ChapStick type dispenser provides a really nice method to evenly cover the applicator...well done Gyeon.

Hood with 1 layer Gyeon Q² WAX:
    -gwaxhood.jpg

Not perfect but for a fleet truck with 111k miles, certainly `good enough`.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Mary B, atbalfour, 512detail, Tc99m, Loach and 3 others liked this post
    Thanks Mary B, Loach, RMD, bob m thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q² WAX

Always a great Budget with great pics, nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

In for updates, and thanks for posting and sharing!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Mary B, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

In the left hand corner of the ring is the Big G (graphene) and in the right hand corner of the ring is the Big F (flourine). Lets get ready to rumble and see who stands tall after the final bell rings.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bring on the rain!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    In the left hand corner of the ring is the Big G (graphene) and in the right hand corner of the ring is the Big F (flourine). Lets get ready to rumble and see who stands tall after the final bell rings.
    The graphene was crazy good with water when first new but I`d expect fluorine might take it at this point while it`s new. I believe 22ple HPC has a bit of flourine in it and CarPro Gliss as well (or `modified long chain carbon-fluorine polymers` anyway...whatever those are) and those have been fun for me. The graphene truck has about 25k miles in it since application but seasonal guy so those miles are from April thru October; no Winter use, van just sits outside November thru March.

The Gyeon Wax might not be great w longevity but somehow the container makes it so easy and quick to use that it`d be minimal effort and when applied in proper amount, very easy and satisfying removal.

Also looking to try the Gyeon Quick View as I`m getting tired of glass coatings on my daily driver, want something easier and quick to apply more frequently. Angelwax H2GO has been doing nicely in that capacity but maybe Gyeon can do better. My car just eats products for lunch with all of the Winter freeway driving.

Post Thanks / Like

Very glad you`re taking this one for a spin Budget, looking forward to hearing your long-term feedback on it! Gyeon Wax is probably my most anticipated product that`s been released this year. Addictive hydrophobic properties shown in all the videos I`ve seen so far. With all the paste waxes that I picked up over the years, I still never had one that was my absolute go-to option, so the quest is on to track that one down. Definitely placing an order for it soon.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Good pick up I was interested too!

Thread Information