Post Thanks / Like

Review - CQuartz Leather 2.0

I recently had the chance to try out the new formulation of the CQuartz leather coating. Avi was gracious enough to send me this along with some of the other new 2021 products.

Product Description:

We are proud to announce CQUARTZ Leather 2.0, which is a natural evolution of the world-renowned leather and vinyl coating – CQ Leather.

​The new formula is water-based and therefore safe to use on all types of leather, including Nappa leather. The new Leather 2.0 only improves on the hydrophobic, self-cleaning properties, as well as resistance to UV, denim dye coloring, abrasion and stains.
    How to use:

• Thoroughly clean all dirt, moisture, and oils from leather with CARPRO Inside, which leaves no sealant or dressing. Wipe with a damp towel to remove residue if needed.
    • Shake well. Pour a line of Leather 2.0 on the applicator sponge.
    • Work CQUARTZ Leather 2.0 into the leather including all creases and pores.
    • Gently wipe off any excess within 2-3 minutes.
    • Let the coating dry for: 1h at 25°C or 2h at 15°C. We strongly advise using a fan as a drying aid, especially at lower temps.
    • Apply a second layer after: 30 min (with fan); 1h (at 25°C); 2h (at 15°C).

Touch-dry time: 4 hours
    Full drying time: 12 hours.
    Do not clean the leather during first 3 days.

Their is an instruction manual with the product that describes the prep and application. Straight forward.

Unlike the previous version, this one does not come with a suede applicator. Instead it is used with the foam block applicator. This also comes with a pump sprayer and can be used that way. I chose to use it with the included typical coating dropper.

Overall the coating is easy to use and leaves the leather with a nice finish. It will darken the leather as seen in the photo. It will feel slick. Not slick where one will be sliding around but slick enough to help with the abrasion protection it offers.

I could not find the durability claims of this new version. I am going to take a guess and say that the 1 to 2 years still applies.

I don`t have durability updates as it needs long term use. But if it is like my past experience with the previous version, then 1 year would be my estimate.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CQuartz Leather 2.0

Curious why they don`t provide or want you to use the suede over the foam applicator anymore?

Post Thanks / Like

Review - CQuartz Leather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Curious why they don`t provide or want you to use the suede over the foam applicator anymore?
    I haven’t heard why they switched to just the foam block. I’ll try it next time with the suede and the pump sprayer.

Apparently I’m the first to ever use it.
    Likes JustJesus, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guz:
    Thanks for the post on this leather coating. You are the perfect tester for it.

I will ask how this compares to Colourlock Leather Care products OR am I asking about two completely leather-care products and applications?
    IE; Is this Leather 2.0 coating more for newer leather and Colourlock more for older leather?
    Is the CarPro Inside cleaner (more APC) as good as Colourlock`s Mild (or Strong) leather cleaner (more leather-specific)?
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Some additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Guz:
    Thanks for the post on this leather coating. You are the perfect tester for it.

I will ask how this compares to Colourlock Leather Care products OR am I asking about two completely leather-care products and applications?
    IE; Is this Leather 2.0 coating more for newer leather and Colourlock more for older leather?
    Is the CarPro Inside cleaner (more APC) as good as Colourlock`s Mild (or Strong) leather cleaner (more leather-specific)?
    Unfortunately I don`t know too much of the details on whether this version of the coating will work on older leathers. But as long as it is modern day leather then the coating will work just fine. Colourlock works very well to "condition" seats that are in need of it with their leather protector. Their leather sealant is what is going to add that abrasion resistance, protect against dye transfer. The combination of both works well. Just time consuming as their is wait time before topping protector with sealant.

I haven`t used any of the colourlock leather cleaners do I can`t comment on them. Inside is a cleaner that can be diluted to 1:1. So I guess it could be considered an APC. I have not used it in awhile. If used at full strength it will need a damp towel follow up to remove the residue it has the potential to leave behind.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guz! Good review
    Likes The Guz, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

TG -

How is the color -shift- between this and *V1*
    I have V1 and observed the color shift when I did a test plot. However, the benefits outweighed this, as no more harsh chemicals (high ph)/rubbing to remove stubborn -raw denim jean dye-

Thread Information