Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TRC Rags to Riches

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Coatings=Crack:

If you cannot remove the coating from a microfiber, are these considered a disposable item (the microfiber cloth so used) when coating??
    Those CarPro 2face are about $4.00 a piece if you buy the 10-count pack; not exactly "cheap"; just the cost of doing business with a coating.

I don’t think it has a softener. I’ve never used vinegar but going to try with my Griots MF detergent on another batch.

The long soak isn’t to remove dirt.... it’s to break down waxes and sealants. I never really like to soak in APC as maybe might hurt the MF? Don’t know.

I got those 2 face for free in some promo. The are no better than the Miner 365 from TrC and those run me about a $1.90 for a pack of 10. I’ll use 2 for a final buff on a coating. For initial removal som like the 300gsm from TrC. I like the 245gsm. If you look for their “utility towels” they are the same and i get a pack of 24 (16x12) for $13 dollars. Use 5-6 for removal and chuck all towels thats just 7-8 dollars for the coating.

I’ve been able to save final buff towels with a snappy clean soak.

Some will try to save towels but i think it should be written off as the cost to doing a coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Going to wash now. Water not to dingy.... a little brown tint but not really noticeable.

Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So after load i Pure rinselessed a panel. Usually had to follow up with a final buff towel as this stuff would like to streak even with the PFM’s

Was able to clean the panel with just a pfm this time and it was a cold panel.

2face:

before: hydrophobic

After: not hydrophobic

In short this stuff works. Towels seem to be extra fluffy but i don’t know if thats in my head or not.

With that being said I don’t know if this worked due to the soak as I have never soaked my towels overnight except coating removal towels.

That 2face was one of them. Overnight in a citrus apc. Didn’t remove all of it as hydrophobics are their.

Soaking a bucket full in Griots MF detergent.

Soaking this in Pure as some have touted it as a MF pre soak. Also great at removing waxes and sealants from car so why not towel.

TrC 365 miner:

Used for coating lite test. 2nd. Buff towel. Allowed to sit to see if it got crusty ( it didn’t)

Hydrophobic much? TRC Rags to Riches

Post Thanks / Like

Coatings=Crack:
    When you say "Pure" ; are we talking about the plant-based laundry detergent Pure Natural Laundry Detergent made by Pure Natural Cleaners, 2509 East 65th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46220 as your pre-soak?? Sounds like good stuff for a laundry detergent.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Coatings=Crack:
    When you say "Pure" ; are we talking about the plant-based laundry detergent Pure Natural Laundry Detergent made by Pure Natural Cleaners, 2509 East 65th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46220 as your pre-soak?? Sounds like good stuff for a laundry detergent.
    No.... Fenylab Pure Rinseless wash. Very strong as in it may be to strong for sealants and waxes. Their is a thread about it on Autopia.

Some noticed that when using with only clean towels (not reintroducing dirty towels) that the water would get dingy. The thinking it was deep cleaning towels pulling dirt out thus changing color.

Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am bumping this thread and asking if any Autopians have purchased and used P&S Rag-to-Riches Microfiber detergent since this thread was started and what your experience with it is like on microfibers in residential washing machines. I also see that the Autopia Store has this in its inventory.
    (reference https://www.autopia-carcare.com/pand...l#.YFEzY1VKj3g)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

@lonnie I had it in the cart and then cheaped out went with towel clean again it was around 34 for gallon vs 19 gallon I would interested if someone had used both and had better results with the new one.

Post Thanks / Like

Used both. RtoR brought back some CarPro 2face towels that were completely hydrophobic.

I did an overnight soak like the recommended.

Also my pluffles which i use when dryingcwith drying aids dry better now.

I’ve got a couple gallons of MF detergent left but when out it’ll be strictly RtoR for me

Thanks William_Wallace thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Used both. RtoR brought back some CarPro 2face towels that were completely hydrophobic.

I did an overnight soak like the recommended.

Also my pluffles which i use when dryingcwith drying aids dry better now.

I’ve got a couple gallons of MF detergent left but when out it’ll be strictly RtoR for me
    @Coatings=crack
    Thank you for your pics and posts above and a reiteration/verification of this new microfiber detergent. This is the response I was hoping for.
    I also see that the cleaning results are `better" if the microfibers are pre-soaked in this detergent.

There is no doubt that dirty or stiff-fiber microfiber clothes are the reason for some of the swirls induced into exterior clear coat surfaces of vehicles. Most detailers who care about this invest good money into quality microfibers. Properly caring and cleaning of them apparently requires that same investment. Sometimes you do, indeed, get what you pay for. (OR as my late father paraphrased it, "If you want to run with the big dogs, you gotta pay like the big dogs.")
    GB detailer
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll give it a shot then!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno but the price seems a bit high for soap.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I dunno but the price seems a bit high for soap.
    If you get 50% of the results for 50% of the price.... still 50%.

For me Griots soap worked best mixed with a F&C detergent made sense.

For me RtoR worked better than this and this, again for me, worked better than Towel Kleen

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not paying $20-$30 for a product that cost 50 cents to produce. The jug and labeling cost more then the product.
    I`ll continue using 10 drops of Gain then rinse twice. It`s never let me down yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been using 4 Oz. Griot’s along with a Gain pod in my topload washer, then tumble drying. So far it SEEMS okay, but I never thought to try and see if any of my nicer towels are still hydrophobic or not afterward. Maybe because they’ve been coming out seeming like they’re normal. If I find they are hydrophobic,, maybe I’ll make the switch to RtR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    I’ve been using 4 Oz. Griot’s along with a Gain pod in my topload washer, then tumble drying. So far it SEEMS okay, but I never thought to try and see if any of my nicer towels are still hydrophobic or not afterward. Maybe because they’ve been coming out seeming like they’re normal. If I find they are hydrophobic,, maybe I’ll make the switch to RtR.
    Griots is nice. Better than most. Try soaking your towels in it overnight and then wash. I’d stay away from pods and just use their free and clear liquid.

Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information