Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TRC Rags to Riches

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Coatings=Crack:

If you cannot remove the coating from a microfiber, are these considered a disposable item (the microfiber cloth so used) when coating??
    Those CarPro 2face are about $4.00 a piece if you buy the 10-count pack; not exactly "cheap"; just the cost of doing business with a coating.

I donít think it has a softener. Iíve never used vinegar but going to try with my Griots MF detergent on another batch.

The long soak isnít to remove dirt.... itís to break down waxes and sealants. I never really like to soak in APC as maybe might hurt the MF? Donít know.

I got those 2 face for free in some promo. The are no better than the Miner 365 from TrC and those run me about a $1.90 for a pack of 10. Iíll use 2 for a final buff on a coating. For initial removal som like the 300gsm from TrC. I like the 245gsm. If you look for their ďutility towelsĒ they are the same and i get a pack of 24 (16x12) for $13 dollars. Use 5-6 for removal and chuck all towels thats just 7-8 dollars for the coating.

Iíve been able to save final buff towels with a snappy clean soak.

Some will try to save towels but i think it should be written off as the cost to doing a coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Going to wash now. Water not to dingy.... a little brown tint but not really noticeable.

Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So after load i Pure rinselessed a panel. Usually had to follow up with a final buff towel as this stuff would like to streak even with the PFMís

Was able to clean the panel with just a pfm this time and it was a cold panel.

2face:

before: hydrophobic

After: not hydrophobic

In short this stuff works. Towels seem to be extra fluffy but i donít know if thats in my head or not.

With that being said I donít know if this worked due to the soak as I have never soaked my towels overnight except coating removal towels.

That 2face was one of them. Overnight in a citrus apc. Didnít remove all of it as hydrophobics are their.

Soaking a bucket full in Griots MF detergent.

Soaking this in Pure as some have touted it as a MF pre soak. Also great at removing waxes and sealants from car so why not towel.

TrC 365 miner:

Used for coating lite test. 2nd. Buff towel. Allowed to sit to see if it got crusty ( it didnít)

Hydrophobic much?

Post Thanks / Like

Coatings=Crack:
    When you say "Pure" ; are we talking about the plant-based laundry detergent Pure Natural Laundry Detergent made by Pure Natural Cleaners, 2509 East 65th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46220 as your pre-soak?? Sounds like good stuff for a laundry detergent.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Coatings=Crack:
    When you say "Pure" ; are we talking about the plant-based laundry detergent Pure Natural Laundry Detergent made by Pure Natural Cleaners, 2509 East 65th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46220 as your pre-soak?? Sounds like good stuff for a laundry detergent.
    No.... Fenylab Pure Rinseless wash. Very strong as in it may be to strong for sealants and waxes. Their is a thread about it on Autopia.

Some noticed that when using with only clean towels (not reintroducing dirty towels) that the water would get dingy. The thinking it was deep cleaning towels pulling dirt out thus changing color.

Likes Lonnie liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information