Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant Review

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I think you have used Deep Gloss Paint Sealant back in the day, if I remember correctly? This is a lot like that. Slightly different than wiping a wet wax off, but same level of ease. The only difference with DGPS and SiO2 PS is obviously that you remove all at once after the wait period.
    Nah, I`ve never used DGPS (don`t know a thing about it )...but anyhow, that "wait and buff it all" is how I often (usually?) do vehicles anyhow, so I wouldn`t mind that.

As Bill D noted, if this stuff looks like Souveran but lasts/protects longer, that`d really be something. I`ve *NEVER* used any LSP that looked just like Souveran, not one (including Trade Secret, which was supposed to be nearly identical but looked completely different to us). While most use it on black/red, I first used it on white, and my wife could *always* tell if I did her silver Audi with it instead of something else (and vice-versa), every single time...it just looks *right* to us on every color of paint, period. But it`s strictly a beauty wax, zero protection/durability.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a chance today to try out the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating. I was working outside, doing it in a garage may net better results. I tried the smaller coating applicators that I got from Autogeek. They are a thick foam with a thin foam face. I understand the concept and they would work awesome on a square panel vehicle but my Trans Am is curvy and I felt like I was missing spots. I switched over to a large foam applicator and that worked much better for me.

I tried directly spritzing the product on the panel. Outside that just didn`t seem to be very effective. Maybe in a garage without a breeze it would work better. I just sprayed it on the foam applicator and applied it that way. Easy enough to spray and wipe off. The sprayer did seem to dribble a little bit. I had some drops on the car but they wiped off easily enough. Initial looks are quite nice. It has a nice reflective gloss. Durability is to be determined.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I had a chance today to try out the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating. I was working outside, doing it in a garage may net better results. I tried the smaller coating applicators that I got from Autogeek. They are a thick foam with a thin foam face. I understand the concept and they would work awesome on a square panel vehicle but my Trans Am is curvy and I felt like I was missing spots. I switched over to a large foam applicator and that worked much better for me.

I tried directly spritzing the product on the panel. Outside that just didn`t seem to be very effective. Maybe in a garage without a breeze it would work better. I just sprayed it on the foam applicator and applied it that way. Easy enough to spray and wipe off. The sprayer did seem to dribble a little bit. I had some drops on the car but they wiped off easily enough. Initial looks are quite nice. It has a nice reflective gloss. Durability is to be determined.
    This is the Ceramic Spray Coating?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes

Post Thanks / Like

My sprayer drizzles as well. Will probably use a replacement sprayer head going forward, different from the push down type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    My sprayer drizzles as well.
    You might want to see a doctor for that....Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant ReviewWolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant Review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes wannafbody, Oneheadlite liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Update on the Wolfgang Ceramic Spray Coating: I walked outside today and found a bird bomb on the car. I hit it with some waterless wash solution and it wiped off with ease.

As for looks this is a highly reflective coating. Metallics really pop.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information