Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang SiO2 Paint Sealant Review

^^ Very high praise! I said it before, but I think this definitely falls in “Product of the Year” consideration... I made up category that I invented (separate from those awards handed out by paid websites. )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    ^^ Very high praise! I said it before, but I think this definitely falls in “Product of the Year” consideration... I made up category that I invented (separate from those awards handed out by paid websites. )
    Can i be up for rookie detailer of the year? Non professional category.... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Can a SIO2 spray / topper / enhancer / maintenance product be used after this?
    How about WG CSC on top of this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    There’s no official rule of course, and others have asked this, particularly which order. I would personally try SiO2 Paint Sealant as base and CSC as topper due to ease of use. Seems like they should be compatible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Can i be up for rookie detailer of the year? Non professional category.... lol
    No, sorry. Your rookie year was 2019, at latest. You’re basically just shooting to avoid a sop````re slump at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    No, sorry. Your rookie year was 2019, at latest. You’re basically just shooting to avoid a sop````re slump at this point.
    I think everyone is slumping 2020..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I`m trying WG Uber SIO2 Spray as a topper/maintenance product.....just applied it two weeks ago.....not as slick as Bead Maker....but I`m betting it lasts longer

Post Thanks / Like

desertnate- Thanks for posting back with more detailed (heh heh...) explanation for why you like it so much. I`ll be watching for any updates about its protective qualities and how long it lasts.

"Easiest ever..." huh? I`ve always thought that Souveran and OCW are as easy as it gets, but for a "regular sealant" to be your #1, well...that`s saying something! I sure understand how you appreciated that at the end of such a long Detail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I`m trying WG Uber SIO2 Spray as a topper/maintenance product.....just applied it two weeks ago.....not as slick as Bead Maker....but I`m betting it lasts longer
    If I was to put a topper on it, I`d probably do the same. I`m not a really a topping person though, so if I go ahead with using it on my own vehicle I`ll probably just use a traditional QD spray to clean up water spots, bird droppings ect. I still have a good amount of Kenotec Showroom Shine left. Love that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    desertnate- Thanks for posting back with more detailed (heh heh...) explanation for why you like it so much. I`ll be watching for any updates about its protective qualities and how long it lasts.

"Easiest ever..." huh? I`ve always thought that Souveran and OCW are as easy as it gets, but for a "regular sealant" to be your #1, well...that`s saying something! I sure understand how you appreciated that at the end of such a long Detail
    I`ve never used Souveran or OCW, but I can`t imagine Souveran being much different from the high carnauba level One Grand Blitz wax I used, "back in the day". While that product was pretty easy to remove, this Wolfgang stuff was a different experience all together. I literally ran the MF towel over the surface with only enough pressure to keep it on the surface and the extra residue simply disappeared. There was no real resistance.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Desertnate- Actually, your experiences with this sealant sound like how I`d describe using Souveran; zero effort to wipe off, nothing at all like any other LSP I`ve ever used (whole different ballgame compared to any other paste wax, that`s for sure)...heh heh, that "easiest ever" sounds familiar, doesn`t it?!? When I read your post, I immediately thought "gee, that sounds like Souveran".

Post Thanks / Like

It is a home run out of the park if it can look like Souveran especially on black.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    It is a home run out of the park if it can look like Souveran especially on black.
    I`ve always wanted to try those waxes like Souveran or Fuzion, but didn`t want the commitment of a $100-ish tub of wax that I`d have for the rest of my life. I bet those tubs last forever and while I`m pretty committed to polishes, I like the "play the field" when it comes to LSP`s. My last two daily driver`s have never worn the same coating twice!

For you Souveran users, how long does an application last? A couple months like the canauba`s I`ve used in the past?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

For you Souveran users, how long does an application last? A couple months like the canauba`s I`ve used in the past?

Yeah I’d say that on a garage queen not ever exposed to the elements.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Desertnate- Actually, your experiences with this sealant sound like how I`d describe using Souveran; zero effort to wipe off, nothing at all like any other LSP I`ve ever used (whole different ballgame compared to any other paste wax, that`s for sure)...heh heh, that "easiest ever" sounds familiar, doesn`t it?!? When I read your post, I immediately thought "gee, that sounds like Souveran".
    I think you have used Deep Gloss Paint Sealant back in the day, if I remember correctly? This is a lot like that. Slightly different than wiping a wet wax off, but same level of ease. The only difference with DGPS and SiO2 PS is obviously that you remove all at once after the wait period.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I always found it necessary to redo Souveran at every wash. Did that for *years*...my wife loved it on her first Audi and it`s what I used on the Jag after switching from Malm`s (which lasted infinitely longer).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information