Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Brake Buster Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner(first use)

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    I grabbed a gallon as well during a sale last year I think more or less to hit a dollar amount for a sale. I realized then I didn`t really need it that much as I clean the vehicles I take care of often enough that they`d probably clean up as good with Reset. I`m sure the ceramic pads have more to do with it. Think I had been using some Diablo Gel that had to be a lesser dilution then called for.

Think some of the rationale was putting the IK foamer I picked up a while back into use since I never really bothered with it. I think I`ve got it at about 3:1 and didn`t have much issue with it but don`t take care of anything with a proper braking system or neglected cars either.

Anybody ever try the Auto Fanatic one?
    Klasse act got it and liked it.... kinda expensive and i dont think any cleaner can foam on rinse off and clean a 2 week old dirty wheel.

Honestly just foam what ever on and wash with car soap. If you take car of your wheels pretty simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought a gallon and have not opened it yet. Got a 16 ounce bottle for free. Have used it with good results so far but all wheels have been pretty clean to start with. Sounds likeI should have paid a little more and stayed with my trusty Poorboys World wheel cleaner. P&S was on sale and a really good price. Guess on some things you do get what you pay for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Van185 View Post
    Just bought a gallon and have not opened it yet. Got a 16 ounce bottle for free. Have used it with good results so far but all wheels have been pretty clean to start with. Sounds likeI should have paid a little more and stayed with my trusty Poorboys World wheel cleaner. P&S was on sale and a really good price. Guess on some things you do get what you pay for.
    If you keep your wheels clean it’s not a bad product especially at its price but with all the great reviews i was expecting magic i guess? It cleans well just not impressed more than any other wheel cleaner out their.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I HAVE to bump this thread and ask if anyone has reached out to P&S about "problems" with their non-acid brake buster cleaner and anyone received any info back from them concerning this product.

Honest reviews by fellow Autopians about product experiences are one of the reasons I am a member of this forum and I find it invaluable in car-care product purchases.

I just wish car-care product manufacturers would have a customer-care/product/public relations representative respond to "concerns" and "problems" about their particular products. It just gives more credibility to their product line and company, although it may be difficult to admit a product chemical/manufacturing problem or diplomatically explain it may be a customer methodology/application user-error. Trying to defend a product`s performance or its price when it has undergone extensive development, testing, and marketing study viability by their company is not easy when all this time and money spent and the data analyzed to say it`s OK, but in the real world a good majority of the end-consumers are disappointed with a product, either because of "reasonable" price but no performance, or great performance but too high-priced.

Just because one product (Bead Maker) is a huge success and Autopia Forum Favorite does not guarantee that ALL the other car-care products will be of that same performance. That said, there is a company and product performance reputation to uphold, and this one bad experience may have a negative impact on the entire line. No one needs to remind any car-care manufacturer that they have a lot of car-care product competition out there and good customer service is part of earning a good business reputation and being economically successful.

By the way, isn`t P&S- Renny Doyle Double Black the preferred product line chosen to clean and detail the Presidential Air Force One jet?? Talk about a reputation to uphold!
    GB detailer
    Likes Rsurfer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am bumping this thread AGAIN. (see above)
    Still no answer to anyone from P&S about problems with their Non-Acid Brake Dust Cleaner?
    I`d really like to here from them about "perceived" customer complaints.
    Maybe that is the "problem"; no one is reaching out to P&S and asking for their feedback on this product.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

^ Lonnie,

Have you reached out to P&S? That would be the quickest way to get a response I would think.

I have gone through a few bottles of Brake Buster and have not had the issues that were noted here. While its not the most potent or strongest cleaner; to me it is a wheel cleaner that is good for well kept wheels where I need to clean stuff but don`t want to need to fully strip the protection and redo it.

Its not an iron remover so adding or needing IronX or any other iron remover is not really an issue for me. I don`t see normally see
    IronX or any other iron remover as a normal use product for wheel cleaning. I don`t even like using stuff like wheel acid or Sonax Full Effect every wash on my own vehicles. They are too harsh IMO if we keep stuff at the Autopian level. Now if I needed it as a daily detailer I would most likely go with the stronger stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    ^ Lonnie,

Have you reached out to P&S? That would be the quickest way to get a response I would think.

I have gone through a few bottles of Brake Buster and have not had the issues that were noted here. While its not the most potent or strongest cleaner; to me it is a wheel cleaner that is good for well kept wheels where I need to clean stuff but don`t want to need to fully strip the protection and redo it.

Its not an iron remover so adding or needing IronX or any other iron remover is not really an issue for me. I don`t see normally see
    IronX or any other iron remover as a normal use product for wheel cleaning. I don`t even like using stuff like wheel acid or Sonax Full Effect every wash on my own vehicles. They are too harsh IMO if we keep stuff at the Autopian level. Now if I needed it as a daily detailer I would most likely go with the stronger stuff.
    No, I have not because I have not bought this specific product from them directly or through a reseller/distributor.
    Your experience is "unique" from others in this thread, BUT then maybe so are the brake dust cleaning expectations.
    It is a whole different expectation between maintenance cleaning of wheel rims than badly-neglected German cars (BMW`s/Audi`s/Mercedes-Benz`s) brake dust rims.

My experience with a "bad product" comes from Meg`s Quik Interior Detailer. (Sorry, the link to this thread under Product Discussions on 04Apr15 does not work). Someone else took the initiative to contact Meg`s Customer Service, and yes, it was a production "problem" that was later fixed and the "small batch" of bad products were pulled from retailer inventory and shelves. Those with bad products were asked to call the Customer Service for a coupon to replace it at a retailer of their choice.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I watched this thread when it originally came up and realized I felt like an outlier in this instance. But I choose to sit out and not go down the rabbit hole on my own personal feeling on the differences of perception, reality, and expectations.

I will start by saying that I had bought into Beadmaker initially and then again BreakBuster before all of the “flavor of the month” internet sales pitches where everyone jumped on the train to try and be an influencer and make their quick buck.

That being said I think part of the problem is the name of the product. Knowing nothing and only hearing the name BreakBuster I would expect this to the strongest best wheel and break cleaner. But reading the description and using it the product; it is a general use wheel and tire cleaner. The fact that it is both wheel and tire cleaner to me sets it up to more than likely be in the “average” camp. Most of the time these product can do 1 thing really well but to do more than that you make sacrifices.

So my expectation and reality of the product fell in line with what I was looking for and expecting. A fairly good wheel cleaner on my personally well cared for wheels that I could use at 4:1 or straight depending on how and what I needed.

For a time, I was one that thought I needed and used iron remover wheel cleaners every wash. But after awhile I realized that it was more expensive and less needed IMO. Look at P21S wheel cleaner gel. It is still one of the nicer and better wheel cleaners out there IMO and it don’t change colors. It cleans the wheels and get the job done. If I need to remove Iron I simply add IronX or whatever I have once a moth or so. The interesting thing for me is that the amount of “Bleeding” doesn’t really seem to be great after waiting a few weeks vs doing it every week. And in doing this I save time and money.

With all that being said; I am not convinced that this is so much a bad batch of product or an issue and more just a difference in the expectations and reality.
    Likes Oneheadlite, Lonnie liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information