Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qVM...el=davidnguyen

test that includes SPS graphene. its still beading fine but as far as water spots... seems to be on par with other coatings
    Likes William_Wallace, mg031 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post

test that includes SPS graphene. its still beading fine but as far as water spots... seems to be on par with other coatings
    Good little test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post

Looks like CSL is shedding water nicely... I still have a 50ml bottle laying somewhere. May need to find it and play around a bit
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

On you tube the 303 Lab manager give a good explanation on their new product.
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.

Post Thanks / Like

Zymol graphene looks like a dud

https://youtu.be/NGsqIrIVqHM
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes atbalfour liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I have not read this whole thread. This weekend I put Adams Graphene coating all over my wife`s daily driver. It will take many months for me to decide if I like it or not, but I will share this: the user experience of applying it was GREAT. All the fussiness I`ve gone through with CQUK and others just wasn`t there with the Adams. It went on easy, flashed right away, and came off pretty easily. I went over windows, trim, paint-- all of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Zymol graphene looks like a dud

https://youtu.be/NGsqIrIVqHM
    Few people getting defensive over on Detailing World too!

Post Thanks / Like

You tuber just did a torture test on 303 new product, New turtle wax seal and shine and Adams new spray coating . Surprisingly they all came out good.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m gonna snag up that Zymol Atomic Graphene Shield and run some tests with it. As I said over on DetailingWorld, it does some pretty interesting stuff with its less hydrophobic water behavior, not a durable short term surface tension at all but it has been rebounding back to life over the weeks from one of the guys that reached out to me that has been using it for a few months. Should make for some interesting tests to say the least, not sure what Zymol was thinking though putting something out there that isn`t going to quench the hydrophobic thirst that most people are looking for. Would like to see a response from them about the direction that they wanted their product to take.

As for the Ethos Graphene Matrix Coating, this will definitely spot, the look of the hard water spotting clears up pretty well during the next rainstorm even before the wash, but after being bombed by our reclaimed water sprinklers it etches and latches on to the coating like most and you`ll see that hydrophobic imprint through the wash. Now, I`ve got the Blackfire Pro Ceramic Coating that`s been going on a few years that I`ve been topping regularly sitting right next to the Ethos that got bombed at the same time, and that was obliterated well beyond, but I would expect that just from the age of the Blackfire and the topper used which was Meguiar`s HCD at that point. I`m giving everything some time to sit and going through a few wash cycles without toppers and see if things rebound at all, then I should have a video up of the aftermath. The Ethos is still very hydrophobic underneath some of the etching.

I think the winner in the Ethos coating is whatever they`re using to build up its hydrophobic base. It could be the same or similar PDMS base SPS/Artdeshine is using, but this stuff is pretty much extremely hydrophobic immediately after applying it, you can rinse it 10 seconds after buffing it off and the beading doesn`t take the cure time to show you awesome stuff. Much different than something like CQUK that definitely takes that cure time to build up that hydrophobic element. But on the daily test Honda, the Ethos has been maintaining its strong hydrophobics really well approaching two months of durability. But I would also expect that from most coatings at 2 months.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes BudgetPlan1, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Few people getting defensive over on Detailing World too!
    I read that after you posted that. You were not kidding about getting defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I`m gonna snag up that Zymol Atomic Graphene Shield and run some tests with it. As I said over on DetailingWorld, it does some pretty interesting stuff with its less hydrophobic water behavior, not a durable short term surface tension at all but it has been rebounding back to life over the weeks from one of the guys that reached out to me that has been using it for a few months. Should make for some interesting tests to say the least, not sure what Zymol was thinking though putting something out there that isn`t going to quench the hydrophobic thirst that most people are looking for. Would like to see a response from them about the direction that they wanted their product to take.
    This almost reminds me of the first version of spray wax that 303 released.
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    Looks like CSL is shedding water nicely... I still have a 50ml bottle laying somewhere. May need to find it and play around a bit
    CSL by itself seems to be the best so far..... beading/sheeting nicely, very little water spotting, had the least amount of darkening on the paint.... to some that may be bad (less gloss) but with a good paint correction, paint should look great anyways. did i mention it was the EASIEST to apply?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Check this out also found a bottle of Cquartz lite I forgot I had it turn into a chunk of coating
    My bottle of CQ Lite just recently shifted over into jelly. I opened mine around May 2019, wondering if the plastic bottle is the main culprit, both the McKee`s 37 Sio2 coating in the plastic bottle turned to jelly, and now this CQ Lite in its plastic bottle. My old 3+ year bottles of CQUK are both in good shape still.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I read that after you posted that. You were not kidding about getting defensive.

This almost reminds me of the first version of spray wax that 303 released.
    I still have that 303 Spray Wax on the shelf, not sure what in the world they were thinking! Lackluster hydrophobics and no slickness, how does the development team not pick up on that before it goes into mass production? The good thing about 303 was they turned that around pretty quickly with the updated formula, but then all I`m thinking is what good stuff that might have been in the original formula that could have boosted the "protection" did they have to sacrifice (if anything), to improve a little bit of slickness and hydrophobic behavior?

Anyone planning on picking up the 303 Graphene Spray? Turtle Wax should be next up to bat based on the MSDS list.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

I didn`t post this here but I picked up the Adam`s one. Let me just say that a 2021 coating test is a go and I have some players lined up for new coatings. This will be one of them.

From an Adams facebook live video, we now have percentage amounts of RGO in their graphene ceramic coating and spray coating. The full coating contains 30% refined graphene oxide (RGO) and the spray contains 5% RGO. Not sure of the link will work.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=952675448476257

Likes BudgetPlan1, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    To be honest, I have not read this whole thread. This weekend I put Adams Graphene coating all over my wife`s daily driver. It will take many months for me to decide if I like it or not, but I will share this: the user experience of applying it was GREAT. All the fussiness I`ve gone through with CQUK and others just wasn`t there with the Adams. It went on easy, flashed right away, and came off pretty easily. I went over windows, trim, paint-- all of it.
    I had the same experience it’s almost as easy as an opti seal to apply. At the end of the day once polishing is done it’s nice to have a product you don’t have to worry about polishing off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I had the same experience it’s almost as easy as an opti seal to apply. At the end of the day once polishing is done it’s nice to have a product you don’t have to worry about polishing off. the one thing I really enjoy is how fast the water clears from surface. It has very good beading and any sort of tilt on the panel the water flies off. I have bought the spray coating and have applied it to 10 cars I can apply to entire car in under 20 minutes. I really like the Adams solvents and flash off which equal easy use!

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information