Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

@coating=crack if your talking about UK a little over a year. I was reapply CQUK every year after light polish. UK is not one where it’s throwing around 9h but it resisted wash marring well. CQUK was the best looking coating on my paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting video. Jim of Dr. Beasley`s makes a cameo.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Tc99m, Loach, KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    @coating=crack if your talking about UK a little over a year. I was reapply CQUK every year after light polish. UK is not one where it’s throwing around 9h but it resisted wash marring well. CQUK was the best looking coating on my paint.
    Sorry phrased wrong. How long has the graphene coating been on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As does (no surprise) Mr. "We`ve cracked the graphene code" Ethos Graphene Matrix guy...although apparently invited this time?

They really need to lighten up...their coating may indeed be good (graphene or otherwise) but it`s gonna get lost in the bloviating noise associated with it...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Interesting video. Jim of Dr. Beasley`s makes a cameo.

Likes The Guz, acuRAS82, bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Sorry phrased wrong. How long has the graphene coating been on?

I have it on since the week it came out somewhere between 60-90 day. I’m not topping it after winter comes and goes in spring I would prob have a good idea of how it performs compared to how UK handled the salt and grime

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    As does (no surprise) Mr. "We`ve cracked the graphene code" Ethos Graphene Matrix guy...although apparently invited this time?

They really need to lighten up...their coating may indeed be good (graphene or otherwise) but it`s gonna get lost in the bloviating noise associated with it...
    This was a cool video the guy from Dr Beasleys is a very likeable person and I Think it awesome he’s making his products. I saw another video about his detail shop where his workers hands started to dry out from the car wash soap me made so he started putting lanolin in the car soap which is a leather conditioner to take car of his workers thought that was a nice touch
    Likes BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    This was a cool video the guy from Dr Beasleys is a very likeable person and I Think it awesome he’s making his products.
    After reading about the hype/love for NSP Z1, I read into this guy and just ordered my first Dr. Beasley’s product (PlasmaCoat). I look forward to trying these guys out including Z1 and maybe some others assuming I like the infused wax. Seems like a well run company and even the packaging shows attention to detail.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, William_Wallace, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

303 jumped into the graphene mix as well.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

that video just killed everyone`s dream of graphene coatings. i myself was skeptical but since the adams price is basically just about the same as the ceramic, i figure i give it a try thinking maybe it will waterspot just a tad bit less. but if the guy claimed his product is graphene infused in it then technically it should work how you think it should.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    that video just killed everyone`s dream of graphene coatings. i myself was skeptical but since the adams price is basically just about the same as the ceramic, i figure i give it a try thinking maybe it will waterspot just a tad bit less. but if the guy claimed his product is graphene infused in it then technically it should work how you think it should.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Methinks just because it says `graphene` on the label doesnt make it a bad product but perhaps merely a questionably marketed one. The graphene coating I had on my car was very good overall, had some great attributes...but not due to the graphene IMO. That aspect (graphene and waterspots) of it didn`t pan put but it was otherwise a solid performer, quite good actually.

And for me, that`s what is kinda sad about the current graphene landscape; sensationalist marketing is gonna drag down some otherwise good products just because they have the world `graphene` on the label.

If I had a vehicle that better fit the strengths of the graphene coating I used, I would not hesitate to use it again, not because it said `graphene` on it but because it worked exceptionally well in areas that have nothing to do with graphene.
    Likes The Guz, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    After reading about the hype/love for NSP Z1, I read into this guy and just ordered my first Dr. Beasley’s product (PlasmaCoat). I look forward to trying these guys out including Z1 and maybe some others assuming I like the infused wax. Seems like a well run company and even the packaging shows attention to detail.
    Got a bottle of plasma Coat and advanced coat gloss sitting around almost 2years old....

Post Thanks / Like

Over/under we see a graphene rinseless by spring?

Likes The Guz, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Got a bottle of plasma Coat and advanced coat gloss sitting around almost 2years old....
    Haven’t tried them yet? I settled on PlasmaCoat thinking it’s waxy and should have a long shelf life. I was worried about AdvanceCoat Gloss lasting long on the shelf. Like years long.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Haven’t tried them yet? I settled on PlasmaCoat thinking it’s waxy and should have a long shelf life. I was worried about AdvanceCoat Gloss lasting long on the shelf. Like years long.
    Yeah didn’t really need them but it was a black friday special. $40 for plasma coat with 25% off and free bottle of advanced coat. Figured $15 dollars apiece i couldn’t loose..... or use i guess...

Post Thanks / Like

The 303 graphene looks like $20 gets you A graphene product to play around with I think that’s pretty neat. Looks like graphene coatings are getting there toppers at least it’s not expensive. I would be interested in picking it up at some point even if it is a spray sealant with added graphene powder. If this came in a $30 or $40 I probably would not be interested. Part of the fun in detailing and trying new products is the challenge of maximizing coupon codes and sale. At least for me it is so I’m waiting on the deal.

the original 303 is a nice product to have around the house I spray my serpentine belts a few times a year. It had saved a faucet for me when I soaked a beat up I-ring over night in it. And it really works on real rubber to condition. I have had issues when I used in my cars though in the summer the car interior would get to hot and it fogged all my glass with a film.
    Likes acuRAS82, Loach liked this post

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information