Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I am only going by color Adams is jet black in color even wipe off towels have black tint. Art de shine is almost see through medium grey. I am not sure if SPS is the same as art de shine.
    It`s my understanding that SPS is the U.S. distribution of Art d` Shine.

This is the SPS Graphene, kinda dark brownish. After application the leftover 5ml or so sat in cabinet for about 6 months, all the `dark` settled to the bottom, clear liquid on top. Shook the life outta it, applied to hood of fleet vehicle at work.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Be ready for the SEMA boom. Let’s see who else follows but I would say expect to see it almost everywhere. Manufacturing ain’t dumb. They are smart to cash in on the buzz word and hype.

This could just turn into a Teflon thing of the past.

Who’s doing test panel SPS vs Ethos vs Adams. Hopefully the Adams price point will encourage SPS and other to come down a bit in price.

I am only going by color Adams is jet black in color even wipe off towels have black tint. Art de shine is almost see through medium grey. I am not sure if SPS is the same as art de shine.

maybe apex will do a graphene showdown video.

I also saw tax system has a graphene coating $185 for 30mls

And I official just saw the first mr fix knock off graphene coat for $9
    Migliore has ONR thats $250. Doesn’t look that impressive.

Does the black tint really mean anything? SPS will leave a little color on the applicator but wipes of clear with no staining on the towels.

Those guys are already hyping graphene as a ceramic killer with no long term testing. Torture tests tell me little to nothing in my opinion.

Adams will be coming out with a maintenance line of graphene infused products as well. The product guy even mentioned their graphene coating used their ceramic coating as the foundation of their coating with graphene oxide added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It`s my understanding that SPS is the U.S. distribution of Art d` Shine.

This is the SPS Graphene, kinda dark brownish. After application the leftover 5ml or so sat in cabinet for about 6 months, all the `dark` settled to the bottom, clear liquid on top. Shook the life outta it, applied to hood of fleet vehicle at work.
    You are right. Mine settles to the bottom as well.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

After opening the bottle does a graphene coating have longer than 3 months shelf life?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    After opening the bottle does a graphene coating have longer than 3 months shelf life?
    I applied to my daily in May 2019, shook it up in January 2020 and applied to a hood...seemed OK Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?
    Likes Zenny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It’s about the same then that’s how this one looks maybe I was looking at something else or a lite version

I did 4 coats on SUV including all glass except windshield that has GlassParency. Still have 20 mls left . First two coats were on autofiber saver then last two on block and suede. The Last coat I alway apply in circle motions the suede is good for that is this how the SPS ones look too
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    I don’t know maybe look on there website. I think this whole graphene revolution is really just a different formulation of a coating with a new upgrade/ingredient. It just so happens that the new ingredient has so great plus’s like easier application, slickness, beading, water spot improvement. In 4 years graphene maybe be outed by some new agent.

I know max protect has a rubber coating that is different than anything else. Some Japanese coating have a hardening agent that is mixed at time of application. I also read somewhere a coating is in development based off kerosene. I also saw an article about a coating with boron nitrate and tungsten disulfide Ws2 nano particles they are suppose to be little spheres. I use an engine oil additive that references those two same compounds it’s called Rislone Nano Prime I bought it cause it had the word “nano”...... Does it work? Couldnt tell you to be honest. That what happens when you have Az prime.
    Likes Zenny, wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know maybe look on there website. I think this whole graphene revolution is really just a different formulation of a coating with a new upgrade/ingredient. It just so happens that the new ingredient has so great plus’s like easier application, slickness, beading, water spot improvement. In 4 years graphene maybe be outed by some new agent.

I know max protect has a rubber coating that is different than anything else. Some Japanese coating have a hardening agent that is mixed at time of application. I also read somewhere a coating is in development based off kerosene. I also saw an article about a coating with boron nitrate and tungsten disulfide Ws2 nano particles they are suppose to be little spheres. I use an engine oil additive that references those two same compounds it’s called Rislone Nano Prime I bought it cause it had the word “nano”...... Does it work? Couldnt tell you to be honest. That what happens when you have Az prime.
    Cquartz Nano prime spherical coating? Sign me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Cquartz Nano prime spherical coating? Sign me up!

It in my car engine oil Ws2 & Boron nitrate & molybdenum they are interesting to ready about as friction modifiers in engine.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

If it`s that dark in the bottle I`d assume that it would darken paint when applied. Good for dark solids not so good for metallics.

Post Thanks / Like

I really do think Graphene is going to out sell ceramics. There will always be wax, coatings and now graphene. As long as it sells. And there is always going to be a slew of graphene spray coatings just like they sucked people into ceramic sprays. I do however honestly think graphene from SPS is better than ceramics. We still offer Modesta’s coatings, and we just advise clients on the difference and maintenance requirements and they make the decision. When they ask my opinion I tell them what I believe is best for the situation. We also now do zero bucket zero foam wash technique. And offer Dr Beasley’s new Z1 as a replacement for wax. After much research and messaging we feel for someone to pay me for correction we should give them something better that lasts longer than wax or sealant. My opinion on the subject

Likes Bobh591, wannafbody liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I really do think Graphene is going to out sell ceramics. There will always be wax, coatings and now graphene. As long as it sells. And there is always going to be a slew of graphene spray coatings just like they sucked people into ceramic sprays. I do however honestly think graphene from SPS is better than ceramics. We still offer Modesta’s coatings, and we just advise clients on the difference and maintenance requirements and they make the decision. When they ask my opinion I tell them what I believe is best for the situation. We also now do zero bucket zero foam wash technique. And offer Dr Beasley’s new Z1 as a replacement for wax. After much research and messaging we feel for someone to pay me for correction we should give them something better that lasts longer than wax or sealant. My opinion on the subject

I heard of zero bucket wash method but if you dont mind mexasking what’s zero bucket zero foam wash method?

Post Thanks / Like

We don’t foam any cars to start. Just a thorough rinse. Highly recommend checking out final inspection detailing on you tube for the really good explanation

Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I heard of zero bucket wash method but if you dont mind mexasking what’s zero bucket zero foam wash method?

I`d like to know that, too
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I also don’t foam cars. I Ap spray lower parts of car plus tailgate and front bumper then do really good rinse. Then I spray Iron remover all over car let dwell 5 minutes. Then foam over top of iron remover let dwell some more then wash. While wet from rinse I use clay mite with Feynlab rinseless and dry. I go right into polishing or compound saves a lot of time.

on personal car I like to tinker with foam but not on someone else’s car.

to each there own what ever works for you

Post Thanks / Like

I also don’t foam cars. I Ap spray lower parts of car plus tailgate and front bumper then do really good rinse. Then I spray Iron remover all over car let dwell 5 minutes. Then foam over top of iron remover let dwell some more then wash. While wet from rinse I use clay mite with Feynlab rinseless and dry. I go right into polishing or compound saves a lot of time.

on personal car I like to tinker with foam but not on someone else’s car.

to each there own what ever works for you
    Ever had issues with clay mitt (which one do you use?) and Feynlab Pure Rinseless as lube? I did, mostly from being sloppy, and definitely left streaks all over because I didn’t dry thoroughly or at all in some areas.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information