Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

With 7 years duration, you`d think they`d sell it in a smaller bottle.

Anything that lasts that long, I wonder if a polish actually removes it.

I can pretty much guarantee that Adam`s hasn`t tested this out to the 5-7 year range. That`s simply a guess on their part.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams should have rethought the name. Graphene Ceramic. It’s either one or the other.

Makes it sound like it’s a graphene infused ceramic coating. But according to the Adams rep it’s a true graphene coating.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Yea I did a double take on that one maybe on a garaged car that drives 5000 miles a year. I have the Adams spray coating I put it on all cars I detail. The product worked great in direct sunlight. I offer it as a 6 month coating after a one step. Cquartz lite is better but Adams is so easy to apply 10 minutes I’m around the vehicle.

The new version spray coating has graphene oxide too. I will probably be ordering that soon I have a few bottles of the spray coating left that I need to use up first.

I was never a Adams fan but recently I appreciate there ceramic line.

I’m a Cquartz UK on vehicles so that will be the bench mark
    If/when you get the Graphene Spray, please let the forum know what you think.

I’m not an Adam’s fan, but your appreciation for the ceramic stuff will etch a positive-statement memory into my brain. Good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing (and still doing) a lot of research on "Graphene". All "Graphene" products are not equal. There is a wide spread in the bell curve.

According a new research in the journal Advanced Materials, 60% percent of "Graphene" products are actually using Graphite, Graphene Oxide, or reduced Graphene Oxide.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes The Guz liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

It looks from that article that graphene can be "scotch taped" to SIO2. Maybe bonds on top of the SIO2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    If/when you get the Graphene Spray, please let the forum know what you think.

I’m not an Adam’s fan, but your appreciation for the ceramic stuff will etch a positive-statement memory into my brain. Good to know.
    Have you tried any Adams products? I was not a fan either but everything I’ve tried has performed above expectations for me. I would put them up their with Griots with out the customer service and have nothing but great things about their ceramic line minus the spray coating.

And the bad about spray coating has been in torture tests not real world durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As an senior enthusiast I am going to try the New Adams Spray . I like the K.I.S.S. method

Post Thanks / Like

All the detailing products are reduced graphene oxide. Anyone can make graphene from graphite besides scotch tape method. You use a sonicification machine with graphite, water and special solvent the machine shakes the graphite apart into single layers. There is another way with 9 volt battery and graphite sheets. I watched people doing it on YouTube it was pretty interesting

check out goographene.com I almost bought some in water to at to C2V3 but bought the Adams stuff
    instead

Remember gyeon synchro when it first came out first 4-5 months the water behavior was top notch then it turn into plan old mohs.

As long as the graphene coatings keep being updated and tweaked we should end up with great protection.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get liquid graphene on Amazon and mix it into your favorite product.

Post Thanks / Like

She’s arrived..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Used 15 ml for suv of the 60mls put on after polish then prep all wipe down. Adams has very good chemistry for their solvent base that has been in all coating I have tried from them. To describe the application it is easy to apply. Much easier than CQUK but a little more difficult than a gloss coat. So application falls some where between gloss coat and CQUK.

It’s very slick since it’s a graphene coating. And very slick for me since I’m used to CQUK and have been a die hard for couple years now. Putting this new Adams coating was easy everyone wants a pro coating to put on but we don’t want to deal with the pro application process and finicky removal of some of the upper level coating. This fits that niche. Pro coating without the pro headaches.

I experimented with wipe offs and it wasn’t fussy it was the same easy removal at 30 seconds to 3 minutes. At three minutes it hazed like 22ple HPC.

I also applied it in direct sun light and wiped off at 1 minute without issues. I use there spray coating in direct sunlight a lot and prefer it in sun light. I would never do this any other coating.

I put it on glass and left a couple high spot on purpose I’ll check tomorrow when I put second coat.

The ethos and Adams both seem to be easier than majority of ceramic coating. Art De Shine... I have not used but I don’t think it’s as easy and it more expensive... so buy American products Adams or ethos less money and easier application.

heres some photos. It started to rain just now so I’ll pull my car out and get some Beading shots and up load shortly
    Likes Tc99m, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here beading shot pulled it into rain after 3 hours cure the one shot is horizontal glass
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It’s going to be the same as ceramics, by the end of the year it’s going to be in the box stores. I’ve been using SPS graphene for a while. Highest amount of graphene on the market. Easily outperforms ceramics. My car that’s outside 24/7, washed about every 3 weeks, no water spots and after a rain pretty much dries itself and looks good.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    It’s going to be the same as ceramics, by the end of the year it’s going to be in the box stores. I’ve been using SPS graphene for a while. Highest amount of graphene on the market. Easily outperforms ceramics. My car that’s outside 24/7, washed about every 3 weeks, no water spots and after a rain pretty much dries itself and looks good.
    Mr Lambert!!!! Nice to see you posting again! I have missed your "Maryland Merlin" photo shots and detailing exploits.
    (for those unfamiliar with the "Maryland Merlin" term, it is a photo of Maryland`s deciduous trees reflecting in the hood of a vehicle exquisitely detailed by Mike and is derived from, or more precisely a variation of, the trademark photos taken of palm trees in Florida reflecting in the hood of vehicles detailed to perfection by Merlin of A Miracle Detailing. More-than-you-really-wanted-to-know or MTYRWTK)

So here are the bazillion-dollar questions:
    1) From your experience with SPS Graphene; will it supplant or replace quartz/ceramic/SiO2 coatings? (I think the "..easily outperforms ceramics" statement above pretty much answers that question, but that lead to the question below...)
    2) Is it worth the extra product cost, and hence what you charge a customer, to have this SPS product applied/installed to a vehicle over that of the dealer-only Modesta coatings you offer?
    3) What do you think (or hope) will be the life-expectancy of SPS Graphene a vehicle?
    4) Again, based on your limited experience with SPS Graphene, do you plan on becoming a dealer-installer for this product line OR can you even do so because of current "business agreements" with Modesta??
    (MORE Captain Obvious questions... are you sure you wanna come back to this forum??)

Does anyone know what, where, and why this graphene material was invented and developed for? As with carbon fiber so prevalent in the auto industry today, that material got its start on the aerospace industry.
    I am just wondering, because the claims made about its longevity would seem to indicate it has been around for awhile and tested or proven in some other industrial or aerospace applications, but that is just conjecture on my part.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Who’s doing test panel SPS vs Ethos vs Adams. Hopefully the Adams price point will encourage SPS and other to come down a bit in price.

I am only going by color Adams is jet black in color even wipe off towels have black tint. Art de shine is almost see through medium grey. I am not sure if SPS is the same as art de shine.

maybe apex will do a graphene showdown video.

I also saw tax system has a graphene coating $185 for 30mls

And I official just saw the first mr fix knock off graphene coat for $9

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information