Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Also jax wax I believe and some of Extreme Solutions and Britemax and Detail King line up and probably many more. A good a question would be that I have looked for is and found no real answer is “ who is B&B’s competition what other blend are out there on a massive scale”
    It is something like Werner or Warner that is another blender.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I remember someone in this thread discussed that there was a way where pure graphene was being made in a new cheaper method with coffee grains this video showed in my feed my explaining the process and a DIY way too

Now I just need to borrow someones arc welder

Edit here is the 6 minute video https://youtu.be/4Et8FEbCuCs

Post Thanks / Like

I remember someone in this thread discussed that there was a way where pure graphene was being made in a new cheaper method with coffee grains this video showed in my feed my explaining the process and a DIY way too

Now I just need to borrow someones arc welder
    Eucalyptus Trees/bark was one curious method i read about Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2019/06/...calyptus-bark/
    Likes The Guz, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Update on the Jade Graphene Pro

Photo from the day after it was pulled out of the garage.

Final walk around the day after.

Nice beading for Jade Graphene Pro from the first wash.

Calibrated eye says about 120

Topped off with Adams Graphene Detail Spray

First wash video

Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

OMG I forgot to post the link to the coffee grounds post above I made https://youtu.be/4Et8FEbCuCs I think it’s the same method budget
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Update on the Jade Graphene Pro

Photo from the day after it was pulled out of the garage.

Final walk around the day after.

Nice beading for Jade Graphene Pro from the first wash.

Calibrated eye says about 120

Topped off with Adams Graphene Detail Spray

First wash video

I also saw your video to guz about picking up Kenzo I never used or test any of the IGL line above there premier and that was great was priced higher than everything else but performance was there. I’m wondering how it goes on weather it’s a PIA or some extra long flash time

Post Thanks / Like

I also saw your video to guz about picking up Kenzo I never used or test any of the IGL line above there premier and that was great was priced higher than everything else but performance was there. I’m wondering how it goes on weather it’s a PIA or some extra long flash time
    Will see how Kenzo Graphene applies. I am really tempted to polish my Camaro to remove the cquartz TiO2 and apply Kenzo on it. Quartz+ should still be the same as the previous version meaning it is like any other coating.
    Likes William_Wallace, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Given that the claims of graphene are mostly centered around reduced water-spotting, how in the heck would that improve a tire coating/dressing? This one looks like a real stretch as far as `graphene is better` goes. Appears to be a nice example of "Slap the word graphene on everything!".
    I tend to agree. Although there is the flexibility of Graphene to consider. Boy everyone has jumped on the Graphene bandwagon. A lot of these same companies said it was all BS when Graphene coatings first started coming out. My how things change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I tend to agree. Although there is the flexibility of Graphene to consider. Boy everyone has jumped on the Graphene bandwagon. A lot of these same companies said it was all BS when Graphene coatings first started coming out. My how things change.
    When you can’t beat them, ...

Post Thanks / Like

Right lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The graphene coatings coming out here in the states is coming from one blender for the most part. Just slap a new label and ship it. Gyeon, CarPro, Gtechniq, Dr. Beaseley`s and Fetnlab have not adopted it based on their testing and research. Until one of the big names adopts it then who knows if graphene infused coatings will stick around. IGL is big name but their coatings are pro grade anyway so its like whatever.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, tom p., Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The graphene coatings coming out here in the states is coming from one blender for the most part. Just slap a new label and ship it. Gyeon, CarPro, Gtechniq, Dr. Beaseley`s and Fetnlab have not adopted it based on their testing and research. Until one of the big names adopts it then who knows if graphene infused coatings will stick around. IGL is big name but their coatings are pro grade anyway so its like whatever.
    Time will tell. In my opinion it’s here to stay.

Post Thanks / Like

tacsystem did come out with a graphene top coat. If we are to believe they were or are the driving force behind the korean brands.

Probably people can relate to me but i think ethos really overhyped graphene and left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to graphene. For me personally i cringe when i see their products. lol I guess adam`s was not far behind if any and then we have turtle wax all over the internet the last year or so.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks William_Wallace thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Graphene detail spray the other day. So the regular DS you get at most probably 2 days of any sort of real protection. Infuse it with Graphene? I bet a whopping 4 now. I generally like Adam`s products, but without using it I bet their gallon of Graphene DS has as much Graphene as you`d need in a 16oz bottle to make a difference. The regular DS`s $45 a gallon, the Graphene one`s $50. Don`t see how they could give you more than a few droplets for only $5 more.

GUZ just saw your post with the pic of it, I should have known you`d have it. Is it worth the extra $5 for a gallon? If I`m to believe the reviews on Adam`s site, it make your car shine like it was coated with a high end professional coating lol. I mean it is only a few bucks more maybe I need to live it up and order a bottle and see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    tacsystem did come out with a graphene top coat. If we are to believe they were or are the driving force behind the korean brands.

Probably people can relate to me but i think ethos really overhyped graphene and left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to graphene. For me personally i cringe when i see their products. lol I guess adam`s was not far behind if any and then we have turtle wax all over the internet the last year or so.
    I hear ya. Tim surely put off a lot of people. I saw it when he was getting push back in the obsessed garage facebook group. Its legit when Turtle Wax develops it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I saw Graphene detail spray the other day. So the regular DS you get at most probably 2 days of any sort of real protection. Infuse it with Graphene? I bet a whopping 4 now. I generally like Adam`s products, but without using it I bet their gallon of Graphene DS has as much Graphene as you`d need in a 16oz bottle to make a difference. The regular DS`s $45 a gallon, the Graphene one`s $50. Don`t see how they could give you more than a few droplets for only $5 more.

GUZ just saw your post with the pic of it, I should have known you`d have it. Is it worth the extra $5 for a gallon? If I`m to believe the reviews on Adam`s site, it make your car shine like it was coated with a high end professional coating lol. I mean it is only a few bucks more maybe I need to live it up and order a bottle and see.
    Give it a shot is going to be my answer lol. I will say that it is better than the SPS Graphene Spray Detailer. Better gloss, slickness and hydrophobics.

You can check out Scoot H`s videos and you can see it is still around at 60 days.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information