Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 246
  1. #166
    William_Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    @coating=crack if your talking about UK a little over a year. I was reapply CQUK every year after light polish. UK is not one where it’s throwing around 9h but it resisted wash marring well. CQUK was the best looking coating on my paint.

  2. #167
    Mike The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    3,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Interesting video. Jim of Dr. Beasley`s makes a cameo.

    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Tc99m, Loach, KBsToy liked this post

  3. #168

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    @coating=crack if your talking about UK a little over a year. I was reapply CQUK every year after light polish. UK is not one where it’s throwing around 9h but it resisted wash marring well. CQUK was the best looking coating on my paint.
    Sorry phrased wrong. How long has the graphene coating been on?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #169
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    As does (no surprise) Mr. "We`ve cracked the graphene code" Ethos Graphene Matrix guy...although apparently invited this time?

    They really need to lighten up...their coating may indeed be good (graphene or otherwise) but it`s gonna get lost in the bloviating noise associated with it...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Interesting video. Jim of Dr. Beasley`s makes a cameo.

    Likes The Guz, acuRAS82 liked this post

  5. #170
    William_Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Sorry phrased wrong. How long has the graphene coating been on?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have it on since the week it came out somewhere between 60-90 day. I’m not topping it after winter comes and goes in spring I would prob have a good idea of how it performs compared to how UK handled the salt and grime

  6. #171
    William_Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    As does (no surprise) Mr. "We`ve cracked the graphene code" Ethos Graphene Matrix guy...although apparently invited this time?

    They really need to lighten up...their coating may indeed be good (graphene or otherwise) but it`s gonna get lost in the bloviating noise associated with it...
    This was a cool video the guy from Dr Beasleys is a very likeable person and I Think it awesome he’s making his products. I saw another video about his detail shop where his workers hands started to dry out from the car wash soap me made so he started putting lanolin in the car soap which is a leather conditioner to take car of his workers thought that was a nice touch
    Likes BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82 liked this post

  7. #172
    acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    This was a cool video the guy from Dr Beasleys is a very likeable person and I Think it awesome he’s making his products.
    After reading about the hype/love for NSP Z1, I read into this guy and just ordered my first Dr. Beasley’s product (PlasmaCoat). I look forward to trying these guys out including Z1 and maybe some others assuming I like the infused wax. Seems like a well run company and even the packaging shows attention to detail.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, William_Wallace, Loach liked this post

  8. #173
    Mike The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    3,348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    303 jumped into the graphene mix as well.

    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

  9. #174

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    As does (no surprise) Mr. "We`ve cracked the graphene code" Ethos Graphene Matrix guy...although apparently invited this time?

    They really need to lighten up...their coating may indeed be good (graphene or otherwise) but it`s gonna get lost in the bloviating noise associated with it...
    that video just killed everyone`s dream of graphene coatings. i myself was skeptical but since the adams price is basically just about the same as the ceramic, i figure i give it a try thinking maybe it will waterspot just a tad bit less. but if the guy claimed his product is graphene infused in it then technically it should work how you think it should.

  10. #175
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    that video just killed everyone`s dream of graphene coatings. i myself was skeptical but since the adams price is basically just about the same as the ceramic, i figure i give it a try thinking maybe it will waterspot just a tad bit less. but if the guy claimed his product is graphene infused in it then technically it should work how you think it should.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Methinks just because it says `graphene` on the label doesnt make it a bad product but perhaps merely a questionably marketed one. The graphene coating I had on my car was very good overall, had some great attributes...but not due to the graphene IMO. That aspect (graphene and waterspots) of it didn`t pan put but it was otherwise a solid performer, quite good actually.

    And for me, that`s what is kinda sad about the current graphene landscape; sensationalist marketing is gonna drag down some otherwise good products just because they have the world `graphene` on the label.

    If I had a vehicle that better fit the strengths of the graphene coating I used, I would not hesitate to use it again, not because it said `graphene` on it but because it worked exceptionally well in areas that have nothing to do with graphene.
    Likes The Guz, Loach liked this post

  11. #176

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    After reading about the hype/love for NSP Z1, I read into this guy and just ordered my first Dr. Beasley’s product (PlasmaCoat). I look forward to trying these guys out including Z1 and maybe some others assuming I like the infused wax. Seems like a well run company and even the packaging shows attention to detail.
    Got a bottle of plasma Coat and advanced coat gloss sitting around almost 2years old....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #177

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Over/under we see a graphene rinseless by spring?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes The Guz, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

  13. #178
    acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Got a bottle of plasma Coat and advanced coat gloss sitting around almost 2years old....
    Haven’t tried them yet? I settled on PlasmaCoat thinking it’s waxy and should have a long shelf life. I was worried about AdvanceCoat Gloss lasting long on the shelf. Like years long.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

  14. #179

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Haven’t tried them yet? I settled on PlasmaCoat thinking it’s waxy and should have a long shelf life. I was worried about AdvanceCoat Gloss lasting long on the shelf. Like years long.
    Yeah didn’t really need them but it was a black friday special. $40 for plasma coat with 25% off and free bottle of advanced coat. Figured $15 dollars apiece i couldn’t loose..... or use i guess...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #180
    William_Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    348
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Is Graphene the next big thing for coatings?

    The 303 graphene looks like $20 gets you A graphene product to play around with I think that’s pretty neat. Looks like graphene coatings are getting there toppers at least it’s not expensive. I would be interested in picking it up at some point even if it is a spray sealant with added graphene powder. If this came in a $30 or $40 I probably would not be interested. Part of the fun in detailing and trying new products is the challenge of maximizing coupon codes and sale. At least for me it is so I’m waiting on the deal.


    the original 303 is a nice product to have around the house I spray my serpentine belts a few times a year. It had saved a faucet for me when I soaked a beat up I-ring over night in it. And it really works on real rubber to condition. I have had issues when I used in my cars though in the summer the car interior would get to hot and it fogged all my glass with a film.
    Likes acuRAS82, Loach liked this post

 

 
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

  1. EvanOT,
  2. RMD

Similar Threads

  1. SPS Graphene coating
    By Sizzle Chest in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-28-2020, 01:58 PM
  2. Graphene coating
    By Mike lambert in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2020, 04:01 PM
  3. A little fun with SPS Graphene Detailer...
    By BudgetPlan1 in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-03-2019, 10:50 PM
  4. Wheel Coatings, Glass Coatings Used For Paint?
    By EXPDetailing in forum Autopia-carcare.com
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2016, 01:44 PM
  5. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 06:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •