Post Thanks / Like

Review - Gyeon Prism Plus Light

Product: Gyeon Prism Plus

Cost: $150

Description:

Our LED light has been developed together with the leader in professional and automotive refinishing lighting – SCANGRIP. Our cooperation was a very creative design process. We proudly call this light GYEON PRISM PLUS powered by SCANGRIP.

PRISM PLUS is a unique lighting solution developed especially for coating application process. The two included diffuser caps will filter the strong LED light and create the effect of a soft-box, ideal to detect high spots and eliminate coating defects without the need of complicated studio setup. Equipped with up to 10 hours battery life &a powerful 1200 lms from its CRI+ LED, the PRISM PLUS is designed to be your sidekick when it comes to portable light solutions.

Battery Durability: 1-10h

Temperature :2500K/3500K/4500K/5500K/6500K

Lumens: 1200lm@100% | 900lm@75%, | 600lm@50% | 300lm@25% | 120lm@10%

PRISM PLUS is a versatile inspection lamp, fitted with Bluetooth connectivity and a power bank. If you are all about ergonomics and efficiency, PRISM PLUS can be used in groups of up to 5 lamps and all controlled from the dedicated GYEON PRISM app – available in Google Play and App Store. Rated IK07 & IP67, PRIMS PLUS will resist heavy impact while being dust-tight and waterproof
    First off I hope Autopia and Autogeek sell this light. I will start off by mentioning that this light serves a dual purpose. To view paint defects such as swirls and scratches during the paint correction phase but to also aid in the application and removal of coatings.

It comes in the color purple which aligns with the Gyeon color scheme.

The light is pretty simple to operate. It consists of a power button,bluetooth button to use with Gyeon Pism app and the + and – buttons to change the light intensity and light color.

The power button serves two functions. It is similar to the scangrip sun match in holding the power button to select the different light color. In this case it allows one to switch between the light intensity and the light color. The + and –buttons are what selects the light intensity and the light color.

In this photo the green LED’s indicate the amount of hours while the left yellow/orange LED is showing which percentage of light is selected. So this mode is the light intensity selection.

In this photo the yellow LED indicates that the light is in the color change mode.

This location is for the charger but the light can also act as a power bank to charge say a cell phone.

The base contains magnets.

What set this light apart is the inclusion of two diffusers. One is more transparent than the other. They contain magnets and are held onto the lights screws around the LED housing.

Just to give an idea of what the diffused light looks like. I have it set to 2500K at 25% to view the silver paint.

So by this point you are asking yourself why am I reading this and why should I consider buying one.

It is for this exact reason. The diffused light allows one to see the coating easier than a regular light or tweaking your head looking for the right light to make sure the coating has been completely wiped off to avoid that dreaded high spot.

2500K on silver paint. We all know how hard it is to coat light color paints.

I found this light to be great at what it is designed to do. That is not to only see paint defects but to also see the coating a lot easier with the diffuser. It is as simple as choosing the right diffuser and the light temperature combination for the paint color that is being worked on.

Scnagrip did release the diffuser separately but they are for the Multimatch 3 which is larger light. This Gyeon light is essential the Multimatch R.

I averaged a couple of hours of run time based on the intensity of light I was using. It can also be used plugged in needed.

One thing I almost forgot is the bluetooth application and the integration. It is pretty useful if the light is not within reach. The app is straight forward to use and control. The only caveat is the bluetooth button has to be on indicated by the blue LED. This will also use a little bit of battery life.

Does a handheld scangrip work? It sure does. But this light is so much nicer when it comes to coating installation. Scangrip needs to make a diffuser for the hand held.

I would recommend this light and say it is worth the price.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Tc99m, Coleroad, Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000, Loach and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite, Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000, Loach, ShaneB thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon Prism Plus Light

Nicely done, Guz
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! High spots are a pain and anything that makes the process easier is welcome. My hope is Scangrip comes out with a diffuser to use on my handheld though. I will keep this in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool. I have been considering the Flex one as I have Flex batteries. I love the diffuser idea on this tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to make me spend some more money!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    My hope is Scangrip comes out with a diffuser to use on my handheld though. I will keep this in mind.
    My thoughts exactly. I did play around with the handheld through the diffuser and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Very cool. I have been considering the Flex one as I have Flex batteries. I love the diffuser idea on this tho.
    I forget the size of the flex one. But if it is the size of a multimatcch 3 or multimatch 8 then these would work.

Link to Retail Detail Products removed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Going to make me spend some more money!
    Sorry about that. But it is money well spent
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Dr Oldz liked this post
    Thanks Dr Oldz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Great review! High spots are a pain and anything that makes the process easier is welcome. My hope is Scangrip comes out with a diffuser to use on my handheld though. I will keep this in mind.

In the mean time, wax paper may be your best friend.

Thread Information