Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Black Wulfenite

Yep, actually used a spray wax on one of our cars. Think the last time that happened was 2016.

Polish Angel Carnauba Arts Black Wulfenite

Description:
    -------------------
    POLISHANGEL Carnauba Arts Color-Charged Spray Wax

The POLISHANGEL Carnauba Arts line of Spray Waxes is a revolutionary way to apply a high quality wax to your car`s finish that is specifically designed to work with the color of your car. The Carnauba Arts Waxes are color-charged to add brilliance to your car`s color, along with the durability of pure 10% carnauba wax.

POLISHANGEL Carnauba Arts Spray Waxes are formulated with the highest technology available to mesh the unbelievable look of carnauba wax with the ease of use of a sprayable protection product."
    -------------------

Pulled the wife`s car outta storage last Friday, had some PA Black Wulefinte waiting for it. It`s the PA Carnauba Arts noted for use on black paint.

This car was fully wrapped with STEK Dynoshield PPF when new in Spring 2019 and had Kamikaze Film Surface Coat applied on the PPF. Maintained with Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz last Season.

Was a great combo on a black car, stupid easy to use, great self-cleaning/hydrophobic behavior, solid protection. But alas, a bit of boredom set in so thought it would be a fun change of pace to try this product given the results and pure joy of using Polish Angel stuff.

While Polish Angel in general is surely not the most economical product line out there, the results, user experience and just the overall entertainment factor (not too mention a lusciously distinctive `Polish Angel look`) is just off the charts; as an occasional hobbyist, that kinda stuff has a definite value to me. YMMV.

2 questions will likely arise to detailing purists:

1. "So you wrapped your car in PPF that has both a very hydrophobic topcoat and self-healing characteristics built in, coated that with a ceramic/glass coating and now you`re finishing with a spray wax? Why would you do that?"

2. "Color specific spray wax? That`s just a gimmick!"

The answer to the first question is actually kinda simple: Because it won`t hurt anything and I knew it would be fun. I *may* see a slight reduction in self cleaning characteristics vs ceramic-based topcoats but with a black car that only saw 3700 miles in the last year, that`s not a tremendously impactful factor for me.

While the car is a daily driver in the Summer, rain or shine, it just doesnt travel that far in daily usage; wife works close to home and anywhere else she takes it (grocery, dry cleaner, salon, mall, etc) are all relatively close. The protection is provided by the PPF and the Film Coating, the topper is more for `frosting the cake` in this situation. And all frosting really has to do is look and taste good.

The answer to the 2nd question will likely always be up for debate, like a few of the `black` or `white` specific waxes often advertised. I kinda look at it with the same eye as I view foam cannon usage: Perhaps it doesn`t help in a significant way for otherwise well-kept cars but it certainly can`t hurt anything either. And it just plain adds a bit of entertainment and intangible satisfaction. This detailing stuff is supposed to be fun and Polish Angel is *FUN*.

So how did it work? Like a dream! Easy on, easy off and it toned town the sometimes overt reflectivity of a ceramic-based product, replacing it with a deeper, richer, inky-black depth that looks a bit richer on the dark, non-metallic (or limited metallic) paint. A softer glow which lends itself well to black.

On our black C5 that was coated and maintained with Kamikaze Overcoat, I was able to eek out a bit more depth and glow by dropping on an occasional coat of Kamikaze Infinity Wax, a coating-compatible or stand-alone wax containing 53.7% high grade Carnauba Wax, and 39.2% Japanese glass coating...kinda the best of both worlds that lent a `relaxed high gloss` to the surface. Unfortunately, one of the downsides of PPF is a paste wax or even heavily viscous liquid wax can build up a bit on edges/seams of the PPF where exposed and I ain`t got time to deal with the meticulous cleanup that would entail. Did I mention I`m kinda lazy? So I was looking for something PPF friendly that could look a bit more `velevety` (no, not more Velveeta-ish cuz that`d just be cheesy Polish Angel Black Wulfenite) and although very early, the Wulfenite seems to have done that quite nicely.

In the pic below, the black Vette has the Black Wulfenite, the gray car on the right is ceramics. May be hard to tell in picture but the Vette is a softer, deeper gloss while gray car is a bit more sharply reflective, which works well on that somewhat more subdued color.

Who knows, I likely overthink this stuff a bit too much? Eh, who cares...fun is where ya find itPolish Angel Black Wulfenite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Black Wulfenite

Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funny description says 10% carnauba and does not mention sio2/tio2

MSDS doesn’t mention nooba but shows it has sio and tio..... do you know that it contAins Sio2/Tio2 or if this is wrong MSDS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Funny description says 10% carnauba and does not mention sio2/tio2

MSDS doesn’t mention nooba but shows it has sio and tio..... do you know that it contAins Sio2/Tio2 or if this is wrong MSDS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All the carnauba arts contain SiO2/TiO2. Carnauba is natural so I don’t think it needs to be listed in the materials of the data sheet. The sprays actually have great water behavior, as good as most ceramic infused sprays.

Black Wulfenite is the Bee balm. That is, sweet, beautiful and durable. But get too close and the stingers may come for you.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, am a fan of the Polish Angel stuff; both for the ease of use and the "fun" factor. And it looks gorgeous to boot! Thanks for the review!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- I`m genuinely glad you like the stuff and are still finding this Detailing fun, but I *still* have zero understanding of what the "Color charging" is even supposed to *mean*

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you liked Budget!

I found the Blue Xilion a dream to apply, fantastic water behaviour and a different look than your typical product. A little more blingy than Cosmic Spritz imo.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    BudgetPlan1- I`m genuinely glad you like the stuff and are still finding this Detailing fun, but I *still* have zero understanding of what the "Color charging" is even supposed to *mean*
    It could be the whole "Mind over matter" thing with regards to the color-charging aspect. Polish Angel Black Wulfenite

Like the waxes for black or white, does it make a discernable difference...who knows???

Left my yellow 350gsm towels I used to apply it blackened...which I then proceeded to turn orange by washing `em with new, red 600gsm towel I used for final buff.

First time in a long time I was able to use a really plush towel without it sticking irritatingly to surface. Maybe better suited to a wax product than the ceramic/SiO2 stuff I usually use???

Did notice that when standing in front of cars in garage and looking between them the reflections are different than they were last year when one was just coated and the other just Cosmic`d. Is it the Wulfenite on the Corvette or the High Gloss on the Cayman, a bit of both? Dunno but its different, a bit richer perhaps.

Would I get the same look with Rapidwaxx vs Wulfenite? Who knows, I guess...but it sure is oddly entertaining to squirt black spray wax into black paint Polish Angel Black Wulfenite
    Likes acuRAS82, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- Huh, sounds like those pigments (or...something) are contributing, uhm...something...after all!

I wonder how a "color charged" wax would work on a "color changing" color.

Interesting about the plushness of the towel getting your attention depending on which type of product, but I guess that makes sense. I`ve never had one be irritating, but then I`ve never used one of those newfangled products either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Would I get the same look with Rapidwaxx vs Wulfenite? Who knows, I guess...but it sure is oddly entertaining to squirt black spray wax into black paint Polish Angel Black Wulfenite
    Nah, Rapidwaxx isn’t gonna give you the same look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Interesting about the plushness of the towel getting your attention depending on which type of product, but I guess that makes sense. I`ve never had one be irritating, but then I`ve never used one of those newfangled products either.
    Was always kinda bummed when a super-plush towel would be grabby and sticky but I guess they are better suited to wax in my garage?

Post Thanks / Like

Budget, not sure if you got the Corvette into rain yet... but if you did or when you do I would be curious about your thoughts on the updated water behavior versus with the previous coating layer?

Post Thanks / Like

Was always kinda bummed when a super-plush towel would be grabby and sticky but I guess they are better suited to wax in my garage?
    Ah, OK..I`ve heard others mention that, just never experienced it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Budget, not sure if you got the Corvette into rain yet... but if you did or when you do I would be curious about your thoughts on the updated water behavior versus with the previous coating layer?
    I`ll have to try and get it wet, if nothing else try to pay attention at next wash.

I try to not to let that car out in bad weather, not because its overly precious but rather because I hate washing it. Hood vents, quarter panel vents, fender vents, nooks and crannies everywhere on that silly thing.

Cayman goes out regardless of weather if`n its warm enough for Summer tires to work well. Gray metallic paint is a `looks clean all the time` Godsend and washing that little car is sooo easy and quick.

The PA High Gloss (Wax + Spritz) does pretty darn good at keeping it clean, wifes Civic stays pretty clean as well with the combo.

I`m getting lazier w each passing day Polish Angel Black Wulfenite

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll have to try and get it wet, if nothing else try to pay attention at next wash.

I try to not to let that car out in bad weather, not because its overly precious but rather because I hate washing it. Hood vents, quarter panel vents, fender vents, nooks and crannies everywhere on that silly thing.

Cayman goes out regardless of weather if`n its warm enough for Summer tires to work well. Gray metallic paint is a `looks clean all the time` Godsend and washing that little car is sooo easy and quick.

The PA High Gloss (Wax + Spritz) does pretty darn good at keeping it clean, wifes Civic stays pretty clean as well with the combo.

I`m getting lazier w each passing day Polish Angel Black Wulfenite
    Understood, don’t get it purposely wet. Just check out next normal wash. In my experience, the carnauba arts bead really nicely. Scrumptious round beads that is the PA way. In my mind, Carnauba Arts are “SiO2 sprays with carnauba”, rather than “spray waxes”. Just some lingo, but I think you’ll know what I mean.

High Gloss is a super beader when used as a topper. Just wondering how Wulfenite compares for you.

Thread Information