Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question iBrid Nano -VS- Adam`s Micro -VS- Diavolo Micro?

Out of all the `Micro` polishers, iBrid, Adam`s, Diavolo...

Are they all about the same quality, I ask based on the iBrids outrageous price, case, it must be better than the rest, no?

Are there serious difference between them quality wise/fit and finish and performance wise?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: iBrid Nano -VS- Adam`s Micro -VS- Diavolo Micro?

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
    Out of all the `Micro` polishers.. based on the iBrids outrageous price... it must be better than the rest, no?
    Heh heh, I assume that was in jest

I`ll be interested to hear what people who`ve used different Micros have to say.

Isn`t the Diavolo rotary-only?

Does the Adams allow for a/c operation, or just the battery?

Those two things might differentiate the iBrid enough to sway somebody`s decision (like mine).

Post Thanks / Like

From what someone told me who owns the Rupes and the Adams unit is that the Adams doesn`t come close to quality and performance. I forget which mode he has issues with on the Adams unit that shuts off after a couple minutes. There is a thread on this forum mentioning that issue.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I have both the iBrid and Adam`s offerings.

iBrid: Better overall quality, more power. High price.

Adam`s: lesser quality, good bang for buck, less power-need to run it at a higher speed than the iBrid, but still plenty to get the job done. You can`t use AC power with this one like the Rupes, but I have never ever plugged in my iBrid.

2 batteries for each, and I have never smoked through both of them.

I use both, depends on what one I grab...

Hope this helps you!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    I have both the iBrid and Adam`s offerings.

iBrid: Better overall quality, more power. High price.

Adam`s: lesser quality, good bang for buck, less power-need to run it at a higher speed than the iBrid, but still plenty to get the job done. You can`t use AC power with this one like the Rupes, but I have never ever plugged in my iBrid.

2 batteries for each, and I have never smoked through both of them.

I use both, depends on what one I grab...

Hope this helps you!
    Your response is very unbiased, I very much appreciate a post like this. That said, I hurriedly read to the end of your post to see your recommendation. So... if you could have only one?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    From what someone told me who owns the Rupes and the Adams unit is that the Adams doesn`t come close to quality and performance. I forget which mode he has issues with on the Adams unit that shuts off after a couple minutes. There is a thread on this forum mentioning that issue.
    I have not tried the Adam`s unit, and have only used the iBrid at trade shows (and it seems run a long time). I used my Diavolo 16v (not the one that looks like the iBrid), and it ran for about 10 minutes (about 5 min per light) while correcting my headlights without issue.

It is only rotary, but with such a small footprint it is easy to keep moving.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an i bird and when I need it it’s great. Does all I ask of it. No issues And it’s a pleasure to run.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s has been out of stock since release pretty much. I know they`ve gotten like 2 shipments since, but both of those were OOS in a matter of an hour. I think for the price I will buy one. For more powerful and nicer, I`ll get the Flex PXE80.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, I assume that was in jest

I`ll be interested to hear what people who`ve used different Micros have to say.

Isn`t the Diavolo rotary-only?

Does the Adams allow for a/c operation, or just the battery?

Those two things might differentiate the iBrid enough to sway somebody`s decision (like mine).
    Got that right, more expensive don`t mean better...

The one benefit I see going for the iBrid over the other two, it looks as though Adam`s and Diavolo are battery operated only.

The Adam`s ones I`ve seen reviewed on Youtube they all say if you put just a little too much pressure on it when polishing, it stops, I don`t know if that`s the case with the IBrid.

Post Thanks / Like

So what are some thoughts... anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Diavolo after Thanksgiving. Used it once on a glass patio door removing water spots and a second time trying to remove house paint off the neighbors bumper (you gotta find test mules where you can). I was disenchanted with how little pressure it took to "stall" it. It`ll spin at fast rpms but any pressure much beyond it`s own weight.. it stops. I`m not sure if the Adams behaves the same??? Yes, with that much rpm the friction on the pad face will burn the paint on a rubber bumper. (neighbor will never see it). I ordered multiple packs of 3 pads from Adams and Griots in two sizes and firmness from Amazon for fast delivery. The Diavolo pads were too soft for my liking. Summary RPMs not torque.

Still wanting a 1" and larger option... I ordered a Flex PXE80 the day after Christmas on the Autopia promo. The boat finally landed two months later and WOW.... what a torque monster!!! Yes, it`s 3 times more expensive but with 30 times the power!!!
    Likes Dispatch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If I could only have one, I would have the iBrid.

I`ve noticed with these small polishers that you need to take more time on an area; too much pressure and yes they will stall. However if I am working on such an area that calls for one of these machines, I am not attempting to go hog wild.

Dispatch, I don`t see the need to use either one with anything other than the battery for two reasons: 1, I`ve never not been able to not finish what I started with both batteries. 2, I am of the opinion that if I ran the iBrid in AC mode, it would `kill` the freedom of maneuverability that you`d have with a battery operated machine.

Once again, I hope this helps some!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Oneheadlite, Dispatch, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    If I could only have one, I would have the iBrid.

I`ve noticed with these small polishers that you need to take more time on an area; too much pressure and yes they will stall. However if I am working on such an area that calls for one of these machines, I am not attempting to go hog wild.

Dispatch, I don`t see the need to use either one with anything other than the battery for two reasons: 1, I`ve never not been able to not finish what I started with both batteries. 2, I am of the opinion that if I ran the iBrid in AC mode, it would `kill` the freedom of maneuverability that you`d have with a battery operated machine.

Once again, I hope this helps some!
    After viewing the many review videos, I`m in the opinion that the iBrid is the safest bet for reliability and performance but...

I would like to see Rupes make the iBrid more affordable, $600+ tax, is not justified.

Post Thanks / Like

The iBrid comes in handy for certain situations obviously but I agree it`s over priced. If you use it often it might be worth it but once or twice a year just polish those areas by hand.

It`s also not without it`s faults as many have had issues. I still can`t use the rotary attachment because it keeps just stopping constantly (the light turns red).

Post Thanks / Like

I sure appreciate all the BTDT info from those who`ve used these things, very informative!

Dispatch- Heh heh, glad you *were* indeed being facetious about the $ = Quality, though it does indeed seem to hold true this time.

So far, nothing I`ve seen posted has convinced me to consider anything but the iBrid, not that I`m eager to buy one.
    Likes Dispatch liked this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information