Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Black Collection

How many received the email today from Turtle wax today regarding ghe new black collection that has been added to the Hybrid Solutions line?

Ceramic Acrylic Black Wax

Ceramic Acrylic Black Polish

Any beta testers out there that can share any experiences?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Black Collection

I guess I’m not on the list

Post Thanks / Like

Got the new Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Acrylic Black Polish and Black Wax in the mail today from Turtle Wax! Came in a sweet display box, with some TW branded buffing pads (Lake Country?) and towels. I was a big fan of the Hybrid Solutions packaging and labeling design when they released that set, and I have the same feeling with these as well. The more I get my hands on products, the more that packaging and labeling stands out. A lot of products will get the job done, the ones that earn a spot on the shelf needs to command that attractive aesthetic to go with that functional performance, at least to my eyes. I think Turtle Wax is doing a great job on that recently.

The Jet Black line needed an update, I felt their Black Box Kit was weak in terms of just how terrible the Black Carnauba Wax was to apply, or specifically remove cleanly from the paint. I also wasn`t a fan of the spray detailer in that kit. So I think the upgrade option with the new Ceramic Acrylic Black Wax will be a good welcome to the guys that are into this pigmented type of products that are targeted towards black paint. Really interested in the comparison between these and the Ice Black Polish which I enjoyed working with.

I think there`s a place in the market to have some fun with this type of product. You certainly don`t need a pigmented product to make black look its best, but as long as they`re carrying over some of the protection from the rest of the Hybrid Solutions heavy hitters, then these products should do just fine. On the dark silver/gray main test panel that I have, can`t say I noticed any significant darkening at all. I`ll have to track down some neighbors to see if they want a free detail in exchange for a good black test subject.

The Ceramic Acrylic Black Wax appears to follow in line with the behavior of the Ceramic Spray Coating in terms of heaviness, a little does go a long way but you`re able to get a fairly clean wipeoff without an assist if you put it on light enough. The Ceramic Acrylic Black Polish falls in line with the behavior of the Ceramic Polish & Wax. Really good working time, little goes a long way and I do like that damp microfiber towel to assist in the wipeoff. Nice and slick after following that damp microfiber with a dry one for the final pass.

Those of you on YouTube will probably see these all over the place soon, just prepare yourselves! Turtle Wax are great people though, the quality of this little gift package is nuts, really thankful they sent one out to me. Hopefully we get a re-release or update of the discontinued Black Endura-Shine Trim Coating and Tire Coating in the future. I don`t have a line on and have not heard anything if that`s in the works or not, but I do hope this will be something as an addition to the Ceramic Acrylic line in the future.

Here`s some shots:

WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes The Guz, Stokdgs, 340mopars liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome way to just hop on this thread with a review of that quality!

Any idea if/how “ceramic” and “acrylic” go together? Does this make sense to other members? If so can you help explain to me?
    Likes Stokdgs, Loach liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Loach ! ! !
    I hope and pray that you guys are all good down there !

Holy Cow !!! Absolutely Awesome Review and Pics !!!

Turtle Wax has come such a long way from the past 50 years !!! Oh Wow !!!

Hope it is all they say it is then..

Thanks for all the work you do and did, and then all of this !

Dan F
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Always wondered about their black line. May have to give this a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I got the email about the new Black Polish/Wax and I`ve read everything that`s come out about it. I don`t know that I`ll try it though since the "Regular" Hybrid Solutions Polish & Wax and Spray Coating worked so well on my black Camaro.

Here is a pic of my hood after the `regular` Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Polish & Wax. This is BEFORE applying the Ceramic Spray Coating, which actually improved the appearance over this: (be gentle, phone camera pic)

Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

0314201625-01.jpg

100% Agree. TW really stepped up their presence with the HYBRID LINE. Truck never looked better wearing the P&W- Spray coating and the Wet wax to maintain. The new Black collection should be a great option with owners of black vehicles. BTW the WET Wax blew me away! Reviewed it here on the forum.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Thread Information