Post Thanks / Like

TW Hybrid Solutions Afternoon detail.

Never planned on a full blown detail today, but guess I got the fever. And it was good to be outside. Wanted to test out my Hybrid line of products. Used Polish & Wax and Spray coating. Polish & Wax was applied by hand with a tangerine hydro grip applicator. Went on very slick and removed best with a damp MF towel followed by a final wipe with a dry MF towel. No streaks/smears or issues. Left the paint looking outstanding. Next up was the spray coating. 1-2 sprays per panel followed by a MF wipe down. Really great to work with! Again no issues with smears or streaking. Also noticed it did justice to the plastic trim on the vehicle. WOW. It really turned out fantastic. These two products really impressed me. Way past what I expected. For the weekend warrior the results could not be better. To maintain this finish I understand their 3-1 detailer used as a drying aid is the way to go. I also have their WET WAX to try yet. Loved the products and results. Did the engine while I was at it too. Cleaned and Sonus motor Kote. Wheels got a good cleaning followed by HYDRO BLUE for protection.

0314201625-01.jpg
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TW Hybrid Solutions Afternoon detail.

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Never planned on a full blown detail today, but guess I got the fever. And it was good to be outside. Wanted to test out my Hybrid line of products. Used Polish & Wax and Spray coating. Polish & Wax was applied by hand with a tangerine hydro grip applicator. Went on very slick and removed best with a damp MF towel followed by a final wipe with a dry MF towel. No streaks/smears or issues. Left the paint looking outstanding. Next up was the spray coating. 1-2 sprays per panel followed by a MF wipe down. Really great to work with! Again no issues with smears or streaking. Also noticed it did justice to the plastic trim on the vehicle. WOW. It really turned out fantastic. These two products really impressed me. Way past what I expected. For the weekend warrior the results could not be better. To maintain this finish I understand their 3-1 detailer used as a drying aid is the way to go. I also have their WET WAX to try yet. Loved the products and results. Did the engine while I was at too. Cleaned and Sonus motor Kote. Wheels got a good cleaning followed by HYDRO BLUE for protection.

0314201625-01.jpg
    The wet wax is their dedicated drying aid. You should compare to your 3-1. It’s nice stuff. I didnt actually feel a difference but could see one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I have both the Wet Wax and 3-1 detailer. Wet wax should be perfect to maintain the finish. The 3-1 detailer should also be fine as a drying aid.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I will be doing a 2nd coat this weekend of the spray coating. After a week of some rain etc.. I got to say it is legit. Truck beaded great and water rolled right off after driving. Self cleaned great. Truck looked great after a week of driving.

Second coat done. WOW! This product really pops the paint. Next up is to give the WET WAX a try as a drying aid next wash.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Thanks corfiot thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It was 70* on Friday (I had to work) and I picked up the Hybrid Solutions Polish & Wax, Spray Coating and the 3 in 1 Detailer last night ... now it`s 27* today (and of course I`m off work).

The Seal N Shine I put on the Camaro back in October is still beading on the hood, roof and trunk lid. I`m really stoked about trying the Hybrid Solutions, now I just have to wait for Mother Nature to cooperate with my days off.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

PA DETAILER- Glad it turned out so well!

I`m really glad you did/posted about that, I`d been wondering whether the P&W would be good to recommend to non-Autopians working by hand, and apparently it is.

Post Thanks / Like

For sure. Old school. LOL. I really had 0 issues with the P & W. Tip here is to keep a damp MF at hand to remove any streaking or high spots. Now that the P & W was done, I knew it was ready for the spray coating. This stuff is a joy to work with. Finally got the 2nd coat on yesterday. Took a peak at it this morning and WOW! Even better than yesterday. Due to it curing (12 hours). The look on red is dramatic. Now that everything is in place, WET WAX will be used after washes as a booster/drying aid. If there is a weak link in the chain, I have read some having issues with the 3-1 Detailer streaking? Cant say because I have not used it. I really have no use for a detailer other than a drying aid. So at this point, I am 100% satisfied with the Hybrid line. Easy to work with and way above average results.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Hybrid Solutions Spray coating is the bomb. Very good gloss and reflection. I keep that gloss and protection by washing with ONR every 2-5 days and spraying their Wet Wax on when drying. Keeps the gloss at peak performance. I’ll never use paste waxes again.
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that`s just great. And, heh heh...I actually *LIKE* that it was TW who developed this stuff

Not that I`m giving up my FK1000P

Post Thanks / Like

It`s been a short time, but thought I would throw a update out today. These products are the real deal! It`s great to use a line of products that are easy to use and the results make me smile. Been using the WET WAX the last few washes to maintain the coating.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

PA DETAILER- Ah, glad to hear that! If *you* find `em so satisfying I bet non-Autopians will be thrilled. I`m gonna keep an eye peeled for future updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you are happy with them!

I have been enjoying the line myself. I’m not real big on the shampoo and it’s 3oz per gallon dilution tho.

I also have a few cars out there that got the Polish and Wax as a stand alone for some AIO packages. Interested to see durability.

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched APEX Detailing do a review of the Hybrid Solutions `Black` series. It looks pretty interesting, if you watch both videos (the Black Polish and Black Spray Wax) you can see the correction is still there from the Black Polish even after he does his torture testing which should have washed any fillers away before he applies the black wax. It`s not available OTC yet, other wise I`d have bought the black wax for the Camaro.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Thread Information