Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    The Cayman is the target of the HG Paste + Spritz, I think the thin, polished glass layer look will do well on it. It`s gonna get the snot driven out of it this Season.

Since the Corvette is a sorta solid black, gonna try Wulfenite on that to give a bit more depth; cant use the HG Paste on it cuz of the PPF. We`ll see, maybe Wulfenite + HG Spritz? Cosmic Primer Spritz + Color charged Cosmic Spritz? Dunno but its gonna be a lot of fun without much effort to play around `frosting` the cars.
    That’s right, I forgot that the Wulfenite would be for the Vette. Good target for the HG paste + HG Spritz.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Budget: Best raw awe topper paste - HG Paste or Infinity Wax? Let’s hear it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Budget: Best raw awe topper paste - HG Paste or Infinity Wax? Let’s hear it.
    Too early to tell w HG Paste but I`d guess it`d mirror the "Overcoat or Cosmic Spritz" question.

Infinity will have greater longevity/durability and have a softer, more relaxed glow as opposed to a sharp, blingy gloss. I`d guess water behavior nod would go to Infinity as well.

PA HG Paste will have a more `in your face` gloss and like most PA stuff, mindlessly easy to use.

You`ll notice the look of the HG Paste immediately while it takes a bit to notice the subtle goodness and nuances of Infinity.

HG is like turning on one of those first 500 watt floor lamps for the first time (before they neutered them) while Infinity is the glow of a nice soft, warm incandescent lamp.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^Great response! That’s why I asked. You never disappoint.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

HG is like turning on one of those first 500 watt floor lamps for the first time (before they neutered them) while Infinity is the glow of a nice soft, warm incandescent lamp.
    -AND-

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82
    ^^Great response!
    Yes indeed, I was able to get it even though I know nothing about either product
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yes indeed, I was able to get it even though I know nothing about either product
    I wish they still made those first gen 500w halogen lamps. Probably dangerous as heck and made the electric meter spin but when you wanted LIGHT, those things delivered!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they still made those first gen 500w halogen lamps. Probably dangerous as heck and made the electric meter spin but when you wanted LIGHT, those things delivered!

i have two of them. The heat from those things are insane. With them on it always smells like the are burning up. I haven`t used them in many years. I always worry the whole time they are on.

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to use a tease amount of this last night for a ceramic wax test I’m doing (will post in the next day or two). It really does melt onto the applicator and then melt on the paint. I think it was the slickest of the 9 I’m testing.

I felt like a little boy trying the new, awesome action figure that my friend had talked up for the last week. And no disappointments so far.
    Likes Coleroad, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they still made those first gen 500w halogen lamps... those things delivered!
    -AND-

i have two of them...
    I have two double- headed ones too, and one set takes two bulbs per for a total of 2KW. Yes, they do indeed get very hot and you have to be a little careful, but I guess I`m used to that (these are both older than many members here ). Still have a batch of spare bulbs, so I won`t be going all-LED for a while yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I felt like a little boy trying the new, awesome action figure that my friend had talked up for the last week. And no disappointments so far.
    Heh heh, I`m glad you`re enjoying it, you crazy Autopian you
    Likes acuRAS82, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Piggy-backing on Budget’s thread because don’t have time for detailed review. I added a coat on top of the Q5 last night (around midnight). The car has CanCoat base + M37 10 Minute Sealant drying aid 5 days prior.

No other prep was done, just a wash a few hours prior. I tried to use as little as possible so I can get max value out of the pot. I’m guessing I used 0.2oz? It goes really far like all PA (if you want to make it do so).

When I first saw the car this morning there was some sun shining into my garage and the contrast between dark shadows and sun light reflection were amazing, but I didn’t take a picture of the hibernating car.

Some LSPs look really good in the lazy, overcast days... Blackfire, Enigma, Proxy, etc. The cloudy weather today took away from the HG Paste look in my opinion. Definitely smoothed out the intense sharpness. The below pictures were taken during this time, but hopefully the sun comes out, tomorrrrrrowwww.

Likes SNP209, BudgetPlan1, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some sun shots in my driveway, and a few scenic shots. The car is a bit dusty at the latter point but still looking good.

Likes BudgetPlan1, Coleroad, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax

A few recent pictures since the sun has been out lately. I added PA Spray around 3/28. I’ve only washed one time with Mckees SiO2 Wash and one time with PA Glissante Shampoo. I still don’t think pictures give it full justice but worth posting anyways.

Likes SNP209, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Budget!!!

Keep me posted on the results you see on Agate Grey...I have a horse in this race too! lol
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Thanks for the review Budget!!!

Keep me posted on the results you see on Agate Grey...I have a horse in this race too! lol
    Gave it a go today, 60 degrees and cloudy...perfect day, no sun.

Only 3000 miles since coating w Miyabi + Zipang last September. Uncovered yesterday and took a little ride (wife ain`t been outta the house since 2/11...was getting a bit, uh...`mentally uneven` Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax) so figr`d may as well have at it today.

No need to go overboard with heavy decon wash so just foamed with Gtechniq Citrus Foam, hosed down w Polish Angel Ultrared, wash with CarPro Reset.

Guessing it`ll sharpen up a bit after 24hrs but already did what I was hoping to do: added a *very* reflective layer of high def gloss. Not as prominent as on Civic as Cayman is more rounded, no real distinct sharp angles to reflect pinpoints of light like Civic.

Gave the Civic its first wash since using the PA HG twins on it...seems to be a bit richer of a blue but maybe cuz cloudy today.

After washing I hit the Civic with Kami Overcoat and will do the HG Spritz tomorrow. Last Xmas I washed the Civic and did Overcoat + Cosmic the next day and wife mentioned she`s never seen it look that `incredible` so figr`d I`d try that again. Dunno if pointless or not but since a `civilian` noticed, maybe something to it?

Who knows anymore, I`m just shooting for `easy fun` these days and Polish Angel sure fits the bill.

I used a round microfiber applicator pad today, I think it used more product than the round, red foam applicator I used for Civic and didnt glide on quite as smoothly; think I`ll stick with red foam going forward.

Civic had driven in rain/slush, about 75 miles since initial application. Could see that a little more grime had stuck to lower vertical panels, really only noticeable when giving it initial rinse as water kinda stuck there a bit. Was back to normal after foam/rinse so ya pay a bit of a `self cleaning` tax using HG Paste but nothing too bad. Definately not a daily driver type wax but figrd that going in. Still way cool and tremendous fun in my book.

The tub I have is kinda a thickiquid wax as opposed to hard paste, spreads thinly and delightfully! My intial thoughts on how many applications ya can get outta tub were likely optimistic but now guessing maybe 5-7 on our somewhat small cars, stretching *possibly* to1 or 2 more if ya stick to red, foam applicator. Microfiber applicator was getting pretty saturated while foam was not so soaked.

Surface feels smooth and slick too.

Likes glfnaz, acuRAS82, atbalfour, Coleroad, Loach and 1 others liked this post
    Thanks atbalfour thanked for this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information