Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_1 View Post
    A couple weeks ago I did a RW of my car that has the same Zipang/Miyabi/Zipang coating and used HG spray as a drying aid for the 1st time and had similar feelings about how it came out.I believe that it the best the car has looked. Too bad it wasn`t a little later in the spring where I could of changed the tire to the summer set and gotten a wheels of cleaning of the wells, but that time is coming soon. here a a couple shots I took after, not bad for a 11yo car after a Wisconsin winter.

That car and finish combine to make a work of art. Awesome pics!
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It certainly does fall into the range of somewhat impractical but I don`t see me buying much else this Summer as all of our cars are now `set` for the foreseeable future so in the overall scheme of things perhaps I`ll actually come out ahead by Fall. If I can resist buying anything else...
    I like the fine print! I’ve come to the conclusion that our addiction to gloss is very similar. Like buying products to use the the following week seeing something you think you’ll like better, leaving the first item unopened until you finally give it away. Hahaha. That being said, I’ll give you 30 days before you’re itching to try something else that piques your interest!! LOL

on another note, it’s close to spring. How did the SPS do against the NE winter?? I’ve read a couple posts where guys had to lightly clay to get some of the stuff off the lower panels but the coating was ine underneath.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I like the fine print! I’ve come to the conclusion that our addiction to gloss is very similar. Like buying products to use the the following week seeing something you think you’ll like better, leaving the first item unopened until you finally give it away. Hahaha. That being said, I’ll give you 30 days before you’re itching to try something else that piques your interest!! LOL
    Pondering some PA Black Wulfenite for the PPF`d Corvette

All these coatings and now I`m looking at waxes...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    on another note, it’s close to spring. How did the SPS do against the NE winter?? I’ve read a couple posts where guys had to lightly clay to get some of the stuff off the lower panels but the coating was ine underneath.
    Hard to say, haven`t really cleaned it up yet. It`ll get the usual bath in Foam, Gyeon Tar, Gyeon Iron and then we`ll see where it`s at. Also dropped it on a new work van last week, I think it will do very well in that capacity.

Pondering HG Paste on top of SPS...goes on so thin there`s a lot of applications in that jar.

Post Thanks / Like

Budget, is the blue paint that you applied this on solid or metallic? I can’t tell from the distance in the photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Budget, is the blue paint that you applied this on solid or metallic? I can’t tell from the distance in the photo.
    `Tis a nice tight metallic. Between the black Corvette, the gray Cayman and the slightly metallic black Accord, I spend most of my `staring time` looking at this Civic. Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax

Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

`Tis a nice tight metallic. Between the black Corvette, the gray Cayman and the slightly metallic black Accord, I spend most of my `staring time` looking at this Civic. Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax

Yeah, beautiful royal blue type color. Probably my favorite car color since seeing an IROC Z in this type of shade in the late 80’s. That was also metallic and as a kid I would just zone out staring as good t sparkled in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

i`ve always loved the dark metallic blues.

I understand going out to the garage just to stare at a paint that just really catches your eye. I used to do it a lot with the Lexus. That white gold crystal tri coat paint was fun to look at.

Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax-ea324534-61b6-45d6-8bd8-61502f1b11fb.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes BudgetPlan1, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, beautiful royal blue type color. Probably my favorite car color since seeing an IROC Z in this type of shade in the late 80’s. That was also metallic and as a kid I would just zone out staring as good t sparkled in the sun.
    Aside from Winter when all is hopeless, this color always looks remarkably clean, very forgiving. When I was shopping for my `17 Accord Coupe, I looked at one in this color and somehow it didn`t `work` as well on that car...just didnt look as cool on that body. Dunno.

I remember the blue you`re probably thinking of on the IROC, was a great color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    i`ve always loved the dark metallic blues.

I understand going out to the garage just to stare at a paint that just really catches your eye. I used to do it a lot with the Lexus. That white gold crystal tri coat paint was fun to look at.

Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax-ea324534-61b6-45d6-8bd8-61502f1b11fb.jpeg
    Was really kinda bummed out when Chevy quit offering Admiral Blue for the `19 Corvettes...that woulda been my first choice instead if black. It woulda looked great.
    Likes acuRAS82, Coatings=crack, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love ya Budget Man, but buying black is like self abuse with sandpaper. (Hope this post gets by the moderators,)

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax

I remember the blue you`re probably thinking of on the IROC, was a great color.
    Something like this, and possibly the reason I love car paint so much to this day.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Love ya Budget Man, but buying black is like self abuse with sandpaper. (Hope this post gets by the moderators,)
    Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax Yeah, I`m done with black, possibly all dark colors. After 3 months last fall with gray metallic, I`m sold on it. Drove the car rain or shine for 3 months, pretty much always looked great...very forgiving. I`d like to give white a try some day, wonder if easy?
    Something like this, and possibly the reason I love car paint so much to this day.
    That`s the one!

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax

Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax Yeah, I`m done with black, possibly all dark colors. After 3 months last fall with gray metallic, I`m sold on it. Drove the car rain or shine for 3 months, pretty much always looked great...very forgiving. I`d like to give white a try some day, wonder if easy?
    Yeah, that grey is really nice. I’m hoping my wife’s next car (she’s next up in a year or two) is some shade of grey metallic (darker than silver). I think she likes the different Audi greys, and would even consider white. I like this idea as it would give me something new to try my products on, although I have really enjoyed the Brilliant Black (solid) of the Q5 for most of our ownership period.

My X5 looks black from 10-15ft away, but it’s actually a really dark grey: graphite metallic.

I bring this up because although I have PA Black Wulfenite, it’s meant (and succeeds) to create the deep, rich black look. I’ve been wondering what the PA grey Carnauba Arts, Grey Graphite might do for the X5 paint. Would it make it a shade lighter? Would it emphasize the metallic flakes rather than mute them? I’m intrigued but the paint is so close to black that I’m not sure it’s worth it to drop money on the grey spray. What I’m getting at is: have you thought about using Grey Graphite on the Cayman?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that grey is really nice. I’m hoping my wife’s next car (she’s next up in a year or two) is some shade of grey metallic (darker than silver). I think she likes the different Audi greys, and would even consider white. I like this idea as it would give me something new to try my products on, although I have really enjoyed the Brilliant Black (solid) of the Q5 for most of our ownership period.

My X5 looks black from 10-15ft away, but it’s actually a really dark grey: graphite metallic.

I bring this up because although I have PA Black Wulfenite, it’s meant (and succeeds) to create the deep, rich black look. I’ve been wondering what the PA grey Carnauba Arts, Grey Graphite might do for the X5 paint. Would it make it a shade lighter? Would it emphasize the metallic flakes rather than mute them? I’m intrigued but the paint is so close to black that I’m not sure it’s worth it to drop money on the grey spray. What I’m getting at is: have you thought about using Grey Graphite on the Cayman?
    Do you like high gloss or black wulfenite better on black? I’m gonna skip the paste wax for now got a new toy i gotta possibly buy parts for.

So thinking high gloss or smaller bottles of black wulfenite and gold zirkon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Do you like high gloss or black wulfenite better on black?
    On solid Brilliant Black, I like Wulfenite by a hair (pun!). Out of anything I’ve ever put on that paint, Black Wulfenite or WG DGPS are the best I’ve seen to this point. HG Paste might be on deck.

On the Graphite Metallic I haven’t tried either but I’m on the cusp any day. Or HG Paste.

Post Thanks / Like

The Cayman is the target of the HG Paste + Spritz, I think the thin, polished glass layer look will do well on it. It`s gonna get the snot driven out of it this Season.

Since the Corvette is a sorta solid black, gonna try Wulfenite on that to give a bit more depth; cant use the HG Paste on it cuz of the PPF. We`ll see, maybe Wulfenite + HG Spritz? Cosmic Primer Spritz + Color charged Cosmic Spritz? Dunno but its gonna be a lot of fun without much effort to play around `frosting` the cars.

I dont think any of the color Matched products will have much real effect on color appearance, just kinda a fun thing to use and maybe enhance the color a bit.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information