Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboy`s World Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner

Astouffer512- With some kind of LSP/Coating on them, it shouldn`t be necessary to use a real Wheel Cleaner except for redos. Even just a coat of wax will often be enough to let you clean them with just a strong shampoo mix, although of course YMMV in all sorts of ways (yep, that`s a universal disclaimer ).

I still touch-wash them though, and I gather some people want to do a touchLESS wheel wash; that`d call for Wheel Cleaners that`d clean off the LSP along with the dirt, but *IM limited E* it`s an OK approach for Coated wheels (not that it`s usually necessary).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Desertnate- Do you have any kind of protection on them? I`m guessing "no" since you`re using a Wheel Cleaner..and if that`s the case I understand about not wanting to risk pitting. (The only wheels I run bare are already imperfect enough that I probably (?) wouldn`t care.)
    The wheels are coated with CQuartz UK 3.0. I`ve found with the coating the wheels stay cleaner a bit longer and are far easier to clean.

I`ve not noticed the wheel cleaners having any negative effect on the coating (I`ve done another set of wheel in the past too) and the wheel cleaners also seem to clean better and faster than a normal car wash solution; especially on the barrels. The less time I spend with the brushes the better for me. With this BMW and the OEM performance brake pads, I`m cleaning them more often than I`d like already.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Astouffer512- With some kind of LSP/Coating on them, it shouldn`t be necessary to use a real Wheel Cleaner except for redos. Even just a coat of wax will often be enough to let you clean them with just a strong shampoo mix, although of course YMMV in all sorts of ways (yep, that`s a universal disclaimer ).

I still touch-wash them though, and I gather some people want to do a touchLESS wheel wash; that`d call for Wheel Cleaners that`d clean off the LSP along with the dirt, but *IM limited E* it`s an OK approach for Coated wheels (not that it`s usually necessary).
    Ahh ok, makes sense. I like to touch-wash my wheels as well. By now I have enough mitts / wash pads that I can all but get around the vehicle with not having to worry too much about using a filthy mitt on another area of the cars. I normally throw all my mitts in the wash bucket and just toss my dirty into a bucket and rinse them out when I am finished.

My wife accused me over Christmas of being ridiculous....can you believe that?

She says, you went from a guy who never washes my car to being borderline crazy about it Poorboy`s World Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The wheels are coated with CQuartz UK 3.0. I`ve found with the coating the wheels stay cleaner a bit longer and are far easier to clean.

I`ve not noticed the wheel cleaners having any negative effect on the coating ..and the wheel cleaners also seem to clean better and faster than a normal car wash solution; especially on the barrels..
    Ah, OK..yeah, I`ve used Wheel Cleaners on coated wheels when they were nasty and the coating seemed to hold up fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post

She says, you went from a guy who never washes my car to being borderline crazy about it
    You’re not ridiculous until you start washing cars the way Accumulator and I do
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Ahh ok, makes sense. I like to touch-wash my wheels as well. By now I have enough mitts / wash pads that I can all but get around the vehicle with not having to worry too much about using a filthy mitt on another area of the cars. I normally throw all my mitts in the wash bucket and just toss my dirty into a bucket and rinse them out when I am finished.

She says, you went from a guy who never washes my car to being borderline crazy about it Poorboy`s World Non-Acid Wheel Cleaner

I did rhe same. Went once 4 months not washing a car. Then i bought a black one.. it does somethin to you.

Using your Brake buster will be ok. Just raise the dilution. I use 1-3 now with sio2 sealant on wheels... will lower to prolly 1-5 if your cleaning wheels regularly. I still keep tools in soapy water though for more lubrication. Once out of BB will only use soap and water.

I dont fill BB will hurt coating at low dilution but also probably not beeded on coated wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    You’re not ridiculous until you start washing cars the way Accumulator and I do
    -AND-

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack
    ..[I]..Went once 4 months not washing a car.
    Bill D kinda nailed it with regard to "how crazy can Maintenance Washes get" and/but Coatings=crack going 4 months has nothing on me since...probably due to how I do those washes...I`ll go that long even now with some vehicles
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information