Post Thanks / Like

Review - CarPro Clarify Glass Cleaner

Thanks to Avi for sending me the production sample.

Products:

CarPro Clarify

Price:

Gallon $44.99
    17oz $12.99
    34oz $17.99

CarPro Description:

CarPro has done it again with their new glass cleaner! CarPro Clarify is formulated to provide streak free glass with less effort! Lets face it... nobody likes cleaning glass... Until now! With this new easy to use and streak free formula, glass cleaning is no longer such a chore and it certainly doesn`t hurt that the smell is so pleasant! Not only does Clarify wipe off with ease but it won`t damage your ceramic coating or windshield sealant! Whats more, it cuts through traffic film, oils, and fingerprints with ease! CarPro Clarify is safe to use on the interior and exterior of your glass, leaving streak free results and perfect clarity every time!

Features:

• Streak-free cleaning
    • Removes dirt, oil, and contamination
    • Safe for interior and exterior
    • Doesn`t damage you rain repellent
    • Powerful cleaning effect

Glass Cleaning Directions:

1. Pair with a Cloudbuster or CarPro Glassfiber cleaning towel for superior results
    2. Spray 1-2 sprays on the surface or on the towel
    3. Wipe surface with firm pressure
    4. Flip towel to clean dry side or use separate clean dry towel for final wipe

Additional Glass Cleaning Tips

1. Clean interior glass last (after all interior dressing is complete)
    2. Fold glass cleaning towel twice (into quarters) When in use keep flat and folded so cleaning and wiping pressure is evenly distributed.
    3. Never finish glass with a dirty or saturated towel
    4. On interior of glass - finish in left to right direction. On exterior of glass - finish in vertical direction. In this manner you can easily identify which side of the glass a streak is on IF you see one after cleaning.

As I mentioned Avi sent me a small product sample prior to it’s release to test out. I liked it enough to purchase a larger bottle. This was announced at SEMA 2019 and is a new product in the CarPro line up. They now have their own dedicated glass cleaner.

Some of the claims on the bottle.

Directions are straight forward. It is just like any other glass cleaner. The key with this one is that not a lot of product is needed. If more is used it will leave a slight haze which will be noticed when the glass fogs due to a temperature difference inside the car similar to other glass cleaners. Not an issue on the outside glass.

It does work great with any glass towel but my preferred glass towel for the inside is the CarPro GlassFiber. It works so well with any glass cleaner including Clarify.

I currently use Sonax Glass Cleaner as that has become my favorite compared to glass cleaners such as Invisible Glass and Sprayway. Clarify is just as good as Sonax with the caveat of Clarify having a better lubrication. Cleaning power is equal.

Some like to use CarPro Eraser as their glass cleaner and it does work well especially to remove that haze on the front inner glass. I have used it myself and one of the draw backs is that the towel drags on the glass making it a bit harder to wipe the glass. Clarify as I mentioned has better lubricity but I have been told it has more cleaning ability than Eraser and has less alcohol than Eraser. Which is why it has a claim of not degrading one’s glass sealant.

Clarify also has a good scent so it makes it a joy to use. I have also not had any streaking from it.

I would recommend giving this glass cleaner a try if looking to try something new. Some will be turned off by the price as there are other glass cleaners that cost less and get the job done.

As always thanks for reading.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CarPro Clarify Glass Cleaner

Thanks for the review.

High price tags on some glass cleaners make the Megs D120 such a bargain. Though, I have paid a pretty penny for some, such as Mother`s ReVision. I actually liked that one enough to buy a case. Still using it up.

I do use D120 often for quick clean ups, and around the house.

Recently picked up the Sonax cleaner and I`m liking it quite a bit. May be my future "special" glass cleaner replacing the Mother`s.

Though, I just might pick this one up some time to try out. Next year? haha.
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Guz!
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes The Guz, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up and review as always Guz!

Think that I will be trying this in the future. But maybe wait some time until the Carpro Sweden gets in the 1L bottle of it. As they only have the 500ml as of now. Or if they have a good sale in the near future. Also interested to test out the new wool pads from them as they seems great.

A little of topic but you know Carpro products so well Guz and I have liked the products from them that I have tried so far. Do you know if there is a difference between the Carpro FlyBy30 kit and the Carpro Forte glass coatings? When it comes to the coatings. Here in Sweden they are priced the same FlyBy30 is a kit and the Forte is just the coating bottle and they have the same amount in them. The specs looks the same from them. Just wondering if you know anything about them and if you have any experience with any of them.

JustJesus if you like the Sonax Glass Cleaner and want to get it cheaper per bottle. By the 10L jug of it and it`s half of the price per bottle $6 and a good sale on that and you get it down even more. We have a new version of it here in Sweden now. It`s light blue liquid and claims to be useing DI water when they blend it and it also leaves a little behind but not much that`s an anti-fog and water repellent ability from it. So it can be something that maybe you guys and gals gets available in the US soon. I think that it`s a great glass cleaner but would prefered if the water repellent ability from it was stronger or nothing in it. It flashes off clean and streak free but that I get from the green glass cleaner too which I like a lot on the inside of the windows.

/ Tony
    Thanks The Guz, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks for the review.

High price tags on some glass cleaners make the Megs D120 such a bargain. Though, I have paid a pretty penny for some, such as Mother`s ReVision. I actually liked that one enough to buy a case. Still using it up.

I do use D120 often for quick clean ups, and around the house.

Recently picked up the Sonax cleaner and I`m liking it quite a bit. May be my future "special" glass cleaner replacing the Mother`s.

Though, I just might pick this one up some time to try out. Next year? haha.
    Thanks. D120, Invisible Glass and Sprayway are hard to deny at their price point. Mothers Revision is good. I have a sample bottle in the glove box of my daily that I got from a Mothers representative at some car show.

Sonax is also very good. I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Nice review Guz!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Great write up and review as always Guz!

Think that I will be trying this in the future. But maybe wait some time until the Carpro Sweden gets in the 1L bottle of it. As they only have the 500ml as of now. Or if they have a good sale in the near future. Also interested to test out the new wool pads from them as they seems great.

A little of topic but you know Carpro products so well Guz and I have liked the products from them that I have tried so far. Do you know if there is a difference between the Carpro FlyBy30 kit and the Carpro Forte glass coatings? When it comes to the coatings. Here in Sweden they are priced the same FlyBy30 is a kit and the Forte is just the coating bottle and they have the same amount in them. The specs looks the same from them. Just wondering if you know anything about them and if you have any experience with any of them.

JustJesus if you like the Sonax Glass Cleaner and want to get it cheaper per bottle. By the 10L jug of it and it`s half of the price per bottle $6 and a good sale on that and you get it down even more. We have a new version of it here in Sweden now. It`s light blue liquid and claims to be useing DI water when they blend it and it also leaves a little behind but not much that`s an anti-fog and water repellent ability from it. So it can be something that maybe you guys and gals gets available in the US soon. I think that it`s a great glass cleaner but would prefered if the water repellent ability from it was stronger or nothing in it. It flashes off clean and streak free but that I get from the green glass cleaner too which I like a lot on the inside of the windows.

/ Tony
    Thanks. I have only used flybyforte and as far as I know is that flyby30 is more like a glass sealant. Flybyforte is the longer lasting one.
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will 2nd him, got my bottle yesterday and used it. I only did the front windshield but it`s awesome sauce. Those towels though.... I want like a case of them. NO grippiness, no bunching up. My old favorite towels didn`t do either, either. But they`re not longer being made, or I just can`t find them. I am thoroughly impressed by Clarify, enough to where I`ll buy a gallon when it`s available. I like the smell, I just dunno what scent they were going for.

I`m not fancy like The Guz so I didn`t do the winshield with a CarPro towel then follow up with a waffle weave. I used one towel, inside and out and I had no streaks! I am in dreamland thinking how maybe I can use 3 towels to do an entire car. I think I still like the Scholl Concept Ice Gel window cleaner better, but it`s been out of stock the one place that sells it in the US for a looooong time. So I`m thinking maybe it`s gone for good. My 16oz bottle will last me a long time you only need to use so very little of it.
    I`ve bought like 20 different window cleaners so I`m pretty confident when I say this is a good one. HOPING AG or Autopia gets the 4l, I don`t think CarPro`s site ever has sales. And I haaaaate paying full price lol

THANK YOU GUZ!
    Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice write up/video. I may give this a try in the future just "to try it" as I like to try new products. Glass cleaning is my least favorite thing to do!
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I will 2nd him, got my bottle yesterday and used it. I only did the front windshield but it`s awesome sauce. Those towels though.... I want like a case of them. NO grippiness, no bunching up. My old favorite towels didn`t do either, either. But they`re not longer being made, or I just can`t find them. I am thoroughly impressed by Clarify, enough to where I`ll buy a gallon when it`s available. I like the smell, I just dunno what scent they were going for.

I`m not fancy like The Guz so I didn`t do the winshield with a CarPro towel then follow up with a waffle weave. I used one towel, inside and out and I had no streaks! I am in dreamland thinking how maybe I can use 3 towels to do an entire car. I think I still like the Scholl Concept Ice Gel window cleaner better, but it`s been out of stock the one place that sells it in the US for a looooong time. So I`m thinking maybe it`s gone for good. My 16oz bottle will last me a long time you only need to use so very little of it.
    I`ve bought like 20 different window cleaners so I`m pretty confident when I say this is a good one. HOPING AG or Autopia gets the 4l, I don`t think CarPro`s site ever has sales. And I haaaaate paying full price lol

THANK YOU GUZ!
    Glad you like both products. The towels are great with whatever glass cleaner one chooses. CarPro just had a 20% off sale for christmas. Discount code came in on their newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by Street5927 View Post
    Very nice write up/video. I may give this a try in the future just "to try it" as I like to try new products. Glass cleaning is my least favorite thing to do!
    Thanks. You will enjoy it.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It does have a banana scent.

Thread Information