Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto Fanatic Foaming Wheel Cleaner - what says you?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I know we live in a world of personalities-- Sal Zaino, the Ammo NYC guy, Garry Dean, and this Fanatic have reinvented chemistry (eat your heart out, Robert Boyle!), but Eagle One A2Z also is non-acid, has no fumes, and you can get it on your skin without dying. Notice this wheel cleaner says "does not contain cheap caustic components"...which I take to mean that it contains expensive caustic components. I`m sure this is a very nice caustic (high pH) cleaner that has some additional ingredients to improve the foaming.

Anyway, as I said, my wheels come pretty clean with a pressure washer without using any wheel cleaner. I`m sure this is a fine product but it seems to me one of the main ingredients is hyperbole. World-class industrial chemists and the finest raw material suppliers, after all! I do have a helpful hint, if you`re worried about damaging your expensive brake components by getting nasty chemicals in them...I`d suggest not blasting them with 1000 psi of water, either.

I don`t know how I got dragged into this, I would just like to see an SDS before I bought this stuff, see what the pH is, etc., but I`m not buying any, anyway, I got plenty of wheel cleaner, soap, rinseless, and no time to wash wheels anyway.
    Couple of comments:
    1. What are the long term effects of using a product like E1 A2Z on clear coated or aged clear coated wheels? My personal (two month use) of E1 A2Z produced unsatisfactory results at diluted ratios, but the result came at an instant. I had used Super Clean at a dilution of 1oz product to 15oz H2O for the better part of a year without noticable degredation of the clear coat on my wheels. However, it is entirely likely that the E1 A2Z was the push over the edge to noticable effect being cloudy clear coat.

2. The force produced by 1000psi is also flow dependent. I could take the Krause & Becker Paint Sprayer that many use for rinseless and experience no damage (working pressure is above 1000psi), or I could take an industrial PW that produces 1000psi at 5gpm and then possibly begin to experience damage, but still we haven`t even considered the tip that is dispersing the fluid. Zero degree will absolutely produce more damage than a 40 degree tip, given the same pressure and volume. Our pressuppositions must always be accounted for because our words and statements require precision.

3. pH is merely a relative value that only tells part of the story of relative strength. It is entirely possible to have two cleaners of the same efficacy and one cleaner have closer to neutral pH than the other. However to prove my point about presupposed ideas or statements, I generalized "same efficacy" and employed it for the representation of a similar level wheel cleaning, without even clarifying the dilution ratios, price points, and other information that could be deemed "proprietary".

4. I think your driveway comment is what dragged you into this, but I make my above comments without taking it into consideration.

5. Not meaning to offend AF, but there are moments when he comes across as a bit pompous and a little *extra* as the youth call it. Since I am unsure of his presence in this discussion, I will refrain from making most of my comments. But the guy is a freak when it comes to some things, like washing his driveway off. Like bro, you do realize/consider the environmental factors that could wreck your pretty driveway, right?

6. Though iron removers are pH neutral in the bottle, when the product comes into conact with the iron, technically acid is produced, hence the surface rust, an oxidative change. In all honesty, I don`t feel like completely explaining it, today. Sorry for the blanket statement.

Comment for everyone:

In conclusion, my purpose for these comments is not to forum blast, but to bring to light all of the generalized blanket statements that ALL of us, myself included, are capable of making. We owe it to ourselves and others, in light of all the BS/smoke and mirror show that operates within the detailing industry. We owe it to ourselves to not accept face value, but to ask as many questions as we can, and to never be afraid to admit that we do not know something, and to ask questions as forums like thse can be a great source of knowledge.
    Likes johnboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

AF day job seems to be restoration and maintance of statues and other constructions in different bare metalls. This is a very highly personal thought and to a comment he did in one of his videos. The comment where that he claimed he started his Youtube channel only to gather viewers to build up an interest. To the cause of starting his own detailing brand when the time came. During this time he worked with formulating this foaming wheel cleaner with blenders and formulators. Then it where much on getting the business and the wheel cleaner aproved and all that where takeing a little longer time than he thought. I think that with the information he have shared he have found a chemical product that works great in his job with bare metall that where safe on the paint too. And used this a culprit to developing his wheel cleaner. Which product this is I have no idea of LOL. But think that he saw a possibility to make a great wheel cleaner for vehicals. And to ad I do not see anything wrong in this if it`s true as it`s just good business plan. Then it seems to be a good maintance wheel cleaner. The problem with his product and later on products where to get a decent shipping price right from the start. Now when he has Amazon a lot of that has been sorted out it seems to.

Then the wheel cleaner it self just from seeing different videos on it. Seems good but not something game changer from it. A huge thing is if it`s that safe as he claims it to be both for the user and the environment. That`s awesome but to put more behind it would be to make the SDS public. Or it may not be haveing any hazard chemicals that needs to be in the SDS so it`s empty LOL. That would be a very safe wheel cleaner then LOL. And if you have a business and want to use his products in your business and pay it through your business. He must be sending you a SDS if you ask for it. And general speaking it`s a must to have all of the SDS from the products you use in your detailing business. It`s a Safety Data Sheet and there you have all of the precaustions you need to be takeing for your own sake and if something happens. Just think if you get into an accident as a mobile detailer. You can actually get a deathly mix of fumes from your different chemicals that could be leaking out. And if you accidental gets it into your eyes. How many mobile detailers do you think has those eye rinses that`s enough to rinse out any chemicals from their eyes. I mean you have spray bottles and wind and if you don`t use full covered eye protection glasses you can have an accident happen. And it can handle about minutes to get the chemical rinsed out of the eyes or you get badly injured. That`s also why I don`t understand why some companies are able to be masking a chemical in the SDS. Think it`s about the level of hazard the amount of the chemical has if it`s also needed to be said which chemical it is. The information though is something that always needs to be written up in them. Think that these SDS many times can be not rightly filled with what it is. And the controls of them if they are properly haveing all hazardious chemicals put on the SDS is very low. Just see what happened with the first SDS of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. And I don`t care about if the SiO2 or not in it as the safety precautions and how you would be doing if you got them in your eyes or swallowed where changed after Scotts video. That`s another discussion but IMO that have read both versions of the SDS the SiO2 was not even a problem vs what was added to the second SDS if something happens and so on that where added. The companies just claims to an authorised company to write SDS what hazardious chemicals they have in their product. And that`s it as they don`t do controls with chemical testing and such. At least not on every product that`s out there and the bigger companies goes through this easier I think than a new company. Then if something horrible would happen and it would be that the SDS is not right then it`s getting a problem for them.
    Holy moly what a rant that became LOL. Sorry!

If it`s economical I would just order a small bottle of the AF Wheel Cleaner and test it out. Or try to use another wheel cleaner that you like that suds up good. Dilute it 1:1 and ad more water until you get a good foam that`s not too thick or thin. The little extra dwell time you get with foam you can get a better cleaning ability from it or the same when you dilute it down. This works with most non-acidic wheel cleaners and even with acid based wheel cleaner but then your foamers seals needs to be able to handle it.

Be carefull to think that just cause it`s a bleeding wheel cleaner don`t means it`s a ph neutral one at all. Someone mentioned on AGO that Meguiars Wheel And Iron Decon D1801 has ph14.5-ph15.5 and that`s a very hot chemical! I`m actually surprised that it can be used on the paint and bare metall. And Meguiars are not alone to have alkaline bleeding wheel cleaners. It`s just that they are transparent and have all of their SDS public which is awesome IMO for safety reasons for us personal consumers. And accident can happen so easy so take care my friends!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    A huge thing is if it`s that safe as he claims it to be both for the user and the environment. That`s awesome but to put more behind it would be to make the SDS public. Or it may not be haveing any hazard chemicals that needs to be in the SDS so it`s empty LOL. That would be a very safe wheel cleaner then LOL. And if you have a business and want to use his products in your business and pay it through your business. He must be sending you a SDS if you ask for it.

It`s just that they are transparent and have all of their SDS public which is awesome IMO for safety reasons for us personal consumers. And accident can happen so easy so take care my friends!
    Well...it`s not a given that a consumer can get an SDS, as we have been through here with PBMG`s house brands...a consumer can NOT get an SDS. Apparently they supply them to business account holders because they have to (OSHA requirements). A little different than say, Duragloss, Meguiar`s, or Optimum, who have their SDS`s on their websites.

Be carefull to think that just cause it`s a bleeding wheel cleaner don`t means it`s a ph neutral one at all. Someone mentioned on AGO that Meguiars Wheel And Iron Decon D1801 has ph14.5-ph15.5 and that`s a very hot chemical!
    Um...the pH scale only goes up to 14. According to the SDS the pH is 6.3-7. Interestingly, they list 2-Butoxyethanol, which is a common ingredient in cleaners, as a confirmed animal carcinogen, and that the thioglycol component is a dermal sensitizer: https://www.meguiars.com/sites/defau...1801%20SDS.pdf

To quote Renny Doyle "if it`s on you, it`s in you" which is why I try to wear nitrile gloves a lot in situations where I didn`t when I was younger and dumber.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well...it`s not a given that a consumer can get an SDS, as we have been through here with PBMG`s house brands...a consumer can NOT get an SDS. Apparently they supply them to business account holders because they have to (OSHA requirements). A little different than say, Duragloss, Meguiar`s, or Optimum, who have their SDS`s on their websites.

Um...the pH scale only goes up to 14. According to the SDS the pH is 6.3-7. Interestingly, they list 2-Butoxyethanol, which is a common ingredient in cleaners, as a confirmed animal carcinogen, and that the thioglycol component is a dermal sensitizer: https://www.meguiars.com/sites/defau...1801%20SDS.pdf

To quote Renny Doyle "if it`s on you, it`s in you" which is why I try to wear nitrile gloves a lot in situations where I didn`t when I was younger and dumber.
    Is there the possibility that the pH scale can theoretically extend into negative values and values greater than 14?

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ed083p1465

https://chemistry.stackexchange.com/...cally-possible

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    "The guy" is easily reached on his web site, why not ask him? He has videos of Mercedes wheels (that Pan used as B-roll) that were severely neglected, I`m not sure why all this distrust. The wheel cleaner dilutes well and my first bottle lasted forever. I don`t understand this mistrust (but also don`t care, it`s up to you). Rather than fret about it, just buy a bottle and see what you think and let us know your informed opinion whether it`s a scam or not.
    I actually think I`ll try it after your recommendation, prior to this thread all I`ve seen is the owner saying it`s the best. And PAAAAAAAAN saying it`s so great. I have invested thousands in detailing products that weren`t that good. I was just a bit suspicious about this one because nobody talks about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I actually think I`ll try it after your recommendation, prior to this thread all I`ve seen is the owner saying it`s the best. And PAAAAAAAAN saying it`s so great. I have invested thousands in detailing products that weren`t that good. I was just a bit suspicious about this one because nobody talks about it.
    I think people aren`t talking about it because it`s rather expensive. I`d rather be able to buy a gallon of Brake Buster and use it at 1oz BB to 10oz H2O and produce ten total gallons of product versus the 4oz to 6oz/gallon AF WCF and only yield four gallons. Also consider the "shock" factor of buying 16oz of product for $30 versus $24 for 1 gallon, it is a numbers/mental thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Is there the possibility that the pH scale can theoretically extend into negative values and values greater than 14?

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ed083p1465

https://chemistry.stackexchange.com/...cally-possible
    I`m not sure if that`s a trick question or not, but it`s kind of moot since the actual pH of D180 is 6.3-7, not 14.5-15.5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I think people aren`t talking about it because it`s rather expensive. I`d rather be able to buy a gallon of Brake Buster and use it at 1oz BB to 10oz H2O and produce ten total gallons of product versus the 4oz to 6oz/gallon AF WCF and only yield four gallons. Also consider the "shock" factor of buying 16oz of product for $30 versus $24 for 1 gallon, it is a numbers/mental thing.
    Break buster for me was basically like using my my car soap, except that uses 20ml per bucket of water. And we`re talking about detailers here, how many of us buy Polish Angel or Kamikaze? I wiped polish off my car last time I polished it with $15 Polish Angel towels. I know I`m not the only one, and I know a lot of people on here put me to shame with how much they spend lol. Why aren`t the high end detail geeks talking about this product? Even if it`s to say they dislike it.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven’t seen Klasse act in a while but he got it and likes it but likes BB too. Maybe PM him to see what he thinks but I don’t think he’d be a good source on deep cleaning power as he washes wheels at least once a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry my bad I mixed it up with D143 SDS. I think that`s the one called non acid wheel cleaner?
    Yeah it`s what I meant that we consumers can not always get it. But here in Sweden they have stopped more and more to make they public too. If you ask for it as a consumer they do send it to you. And honestly the most is not for getting hold of what`s in the product but more for safety. If a brand don`t give out the SDS to the reseller they got a problem. I think that at least on who ever you are and ask about a SDS you should get it. There no reason to not let it out than that hide their products is very hazardious chemicals to use or why would they do that. And it`s not a secret paper or so LOL. Then it`s a little strange since we have detailers with their own businesses that can get them if they want to. And what I know of it`s not against anything to share the information about the SDS. Even putting up screenshots of parts of it but maybe not the whole thing. OSHA seems not to be doing much of control of the SDS or how they are doing with it. I mean some things you can get out of these that can be very important if an accident happens or how some chemicals is in the long time use and so on.

I also always use nitrile gloves and if doing long work with them also switch them out to new ones once and a while. That`s also an information that`s in the SDS how long the penetration time is before the nitrile gloves gets useless and leaks through them. And with certain chemicals in a product you may need another kind of material in the gloves for protection. Now it`s unusual in the detailing products but you don`t know if you can not see what hazardious chemicals that you are useing. The non hazardious chemicals they don`t need to be putting in the SDS or when it`s under a certain level of the amount of the product they don`t need to be putting it in either.

Yeah I also thought that the ph level is up to ph14. But look at the D143 SDS and see. This can be a typo as they could counted the chemicals together in the product and if the ph level had worked so it goes over ph14 this 14.5-15.5 is what it would be or something. And that`s also something that you can see strange things with and it can be wrong in the SDS on many products. As it`s less controlled than you would think and it`s not a US thing either but around the world sadly.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I also thought that the ph level is up to ph14. But look at the D143 SDS and see. This can be a typo as they could counted the chemicals together in the product and if the ph level had worked so it goes over ph14 this 14.5-15.5 is what it would be or something. And that`s also something that you can see strange things with and it can be wrong in the SDS on many products. As it`s less controlled than you would think and it`s not a US thing either but around the world sadly.
    Ha ha, I see that.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not sure if that`s a trick question or not, but it`s kind of moot since the actual pH of D180 is 6.3-7, not 14.5-15.5
    If you read prior comments, in order, it’s not a moot point; and if you read the articles you’d realize that my question was indeed not a trick question.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah sorry guys I mixed up the products. So use Meguiars Wheel & Iron Decon D1801 with no problems and actually I would recommend you to use this as a wheel cleaner. As many so called non acid wheel cleaners has a very high ph level in general. So I even think that it`s safer to use an acid based wheel cleaner that`s not so acidic on the ph level like Meguiars Wheel Brightener D140 is not that bad on the acidic ph level. Heck if you just go by the ph level the D140 is less acidic than Duragloss Aquawax for an example LOL. But use it material that can handle acids of cause. It where the Meguiars Non Acid Wheel Cleaner that has an extreme high alkaline ph level. And IMO that when you are up and down to the extreme levels of the ph level scale you should treat these chemicals very carefully when useing them. Useing them as the directions says and where the proper safety equipment they are fine to use. Then it`s not just the ph level that makes chemicals hazardious. It`s the chemicals used in them that does that and how you safely use them with your personal equipment is written up in the SDS.

Sorry for the off topic. Would be very interesting to hear more experiences with the AF Foaming Wheel Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Today I tried the Auto Fanatic Wheel Cleaning Foam for the first time. I mixed 12 oz into 1 gal of water (Strong Dilution) and filled the IK Pro 2 foamer. I sprayed all 4 wheels with a very nice foam. First thing I noticed is that its odorless and the brake dust did start to flow off the wheels. The wheels have no wax, sealants or coatings on them and they haven`t been washed in about a month. I started with the rear wheels and used my brushes and cleaned the rim and tires and rinsed off the wheels with a garden hose. (no pressure washer) and they came out clean. I`m impressed. Next time I will try using a MTM Foam cannon instead of the IK pump foamer.

After I cleaned the wheels I applied the 007 Gloss Enhancer onto the rims and it left a nice slick glossy finish. So far I`m very impressed with the two products and I will continue to test the two products on my vehicles.

Anyone else try the product?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle I bought last year. I haven’t used it yet. Mostly because I’ve been on a P&S BB kick due to price vs. performance. I’ll give it a shot soon and report back.
    Likes Astouffer512 liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information