Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Auto Fanatic Foaming Wheel Cleaner - what says you?

It`s cheap, it has no scent and according to the owner of AF it`s better than anything out there. I can`t find any reviews outside of the Pan guy on YT, and he seems to like everything, a lot. He foamed it with the Foam-It 5l sprayer and the foam looked fantastic. His demo of it was cleaning the wheels on his Alfa Romeo, which the wheels didn`t look too dirty and were probably coated. Since it`s not a color changing wheel cleaner, I`m wondering if it`s any better than a really good soap? I tried Brake Buster and wasn`t overly impressed. It worked well, but I think my Gyeon Bathe+ works close to as good, and is worlds cheaper.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto Fanatic Foaming Wheel Cleaner - what says you?

I love love love it, but I hate dealing with pump foamers. I bought a Sure Shot sprayer that pressurizes off my air compressor. It`s always ready to go with Auto Fanatic.
    Likes quebert liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I watched that video too. If I remember right he said it will remove tar and iron, but yet it’s safe for your hands?

I would like to see some real world reviews. Pan washes his car twice a week he says, I can’t see that his wheels get that dirty to put a wheel cleaner to a good test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Lol you seem to be traveling the same path I did. Look into this stuff where theirs a a few reviews and videos. Seems to be real deal but here’s the thing. Doesn’t seem to work as a touchless.

And if you clean your wheels at least once a month not to much gets on their where soap and water or another dedicated wheel cleaner. I haven’t “coated” my wheels but have used Clutch on them. I use mainly soap and Meguiars Ultimate wheel cleaner I buy OTC. My wheels are perfectly clean.

If I were a pro I’d probably buy it because it does look to do a great job on neglected wheels...

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t know personally and saw the videos they looked great....but I get same results with megs wheel brighter as an agiate free and rinse wheel cleaner. Megs is way cheaper. Both seem to annihilate brake dust and grime. Megs I get to use as water spot remove and maintain coatings after a year I spray down with diluted version it removes iron, and most water soluble minerals. It just lacked the foam. I love acid...yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I love love love it, but I hate dealing with pump foamers. I bought a Sure Shot sprayer that pressurizes off my air compressor. It`s always ready to go with Auto Fanatic.
    That sounds promising, I personally want to order a couple of the Foam-It 5l he sells, they look amazing. But I love stuff that foams lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Lol you seem to be traveling the same path I did. Look into this stuff where theirs a a few reviews and videos. Seems to be real deal but here’s the thing. Doesn’t seem to work as a touchless.

And if you clean your wheels at least once a month not to much gets on their where soap and water or another dedicated wheel cleaner. I haven’t “coated” my wheels but have used Clutch on them. I use mainly soap and Meguiars Ultimate wheel cleaner I buy OTC. My wheels are perfectly clean.

If I were a pro I’d probably buy it because it does look to do a great job on neglected wheels...

I don`t expect anything to be touchless, even with using my Wheel Woolie any Iron removing wheel cleaner I use is still faster and easier than any soap I`ve used. This one I like the price and it has no scent. But if it`s basically a glorified car wash soap there`s no point in me trying it. The guy that makes it is doing it a disservice by using it to "clean" his Alfa Romeo wheels that look better than a lot of wheels I see that have been cleaned that day lol. So that tells me maybe it doesn`t work so well. If it`s that good why doesn`t he use it on some wheels that haven`t been touched in a year?

Post Thanks / Like

"The guy" is easily reached on his web site, why not ask him? He has videos of Mercedes wheels (that Pan used as B-roll) that were severely neglected, I`m not sure why all this distrust. The wheel cleaner dilutes well and my first bottle lasted forever. I don`t understand this mistrust (but also don`t care, it`s up to you). Rather than fret about it, just buy a bottle and see what you think and let us know your informed opinion whether it`s a scam or not.
    Likes RANGERBAY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I personally would like to see an MSDS on this. The concern about driveways in the instructions makes me wonder what is in it. If you look in his Audi S5 video on the wheel cleaner, at about 1:43, just after he first sprays on the foam, there is some "smoke" coming off the top of the wheel, I don`t know if he had a hot engine that got some overspray on it, or if that is some chemical reaction from the wheel cleaner, or something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I personally would like to see an MSDS on this. The concern about driveways in the instructions makes me wonder what is in it. If you look in his Audi S5 video on the wheel cleaner, at about 1:43, just after he first sprays on the foam, there is some "smoke" coming off the top of the wheel, I don`t know if he had a hot engine that got some overspray on it, or if that is some chemical reaction from the wheel cleaner, or something else.
    Wow, I personally haven’t looked into the wheel cleaner at all because I just bought a gallon of brake buster. However, from the video review I watched on it by Pan the Organizer I recall he raves about how safe it was for both a person and the environment because of no harmful chemicals. Interesting that the video I watched would make that statement and then the instructions speak of something else. When I get home tonight I’m going to have to re-watch the video to see if I missed anything or misheard something

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I took this part of the instructions too literally:

Step 6: Thoroughly rinse your driveway after use of any car care cleaning solution including soaps and tire dressings.

And maybe I`m a skeptic because of wheel cleaner claims in the past like "non-acid" when they had ABF in them, which technically is a salt...which turns into an acid when mixed with water. And like when they called perchlor a "safe" replacement for ozone-depleting solvents, after everyone stopped using perchlor because it was a likely carcinogen.

Let`s just say you can get wheels pretty clean with a pressure washer, and that there are plenty of things that are safer than acid wheel cleaners (particularly HF cleaners), that you still don`t want to drink.
    Thanks Astouffer512 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

He literally discusses all of these issues in the product release video. https://youtu.be/nTk5e64OSXU

Post Thanks / Like

I know we live in a world of personalities-- Sal Zaino, the Ammo NYC guy, Garry Dean, and this Fanatic have reinvented chemistry (eat your heart out, Robert Boyle!), but Eagle One A2Z also is non-acid, has no fumes, and you can get it on your skin without dying. Notice this wheel cleaner says "does not contain cheap caustic components"...which I take to mean that it contains expensive caustic components. I`m sure this is a very nice caustic (high pH) cleaner that has some additional ingredients to improve the foaming.

Anyway, as I said, my wheels come pretty clean with a pressure washer without using any wheel cleaner. I`m sure this is a fine product but it seems to me one of the main ingredients is hyperbole. World-class industrial chemists and the finest raw material suppliers, after all! I do have a helpful hint, if you`re worried about damaging your expensive brake components by getting nasty chemicals in them...I`d suggest not blasting them with 1000 psi of water, either.

I don`t know how I got dragged into this, I would just like to see an SDS before I bought this stuff, see what the pH is, etc., but I`m not buying any, anyway, I got plenty of wheel cleaner, soap, rinseless, and no time to wash wheels anyway.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah my wheels were never coated or had sealant applied till this month and the came clean fine with soap and water. Ultimate wheel cleaner if had been a couple weeks.

I’ll probably buy this as the only hold up was the shipping on early release. Now free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I know we live in a world of personalities-- Sal Zaino, the Ammo NYC guy, Garry Dean, and this Fanatic have reinvented chemistry (eat your heart out, Robert Boyle!), but Eagle One A2Z also is non-acid, has no fumes, and you can get it on your skin without dying. Notice this wheel cleaner says "does not contain cheap caustic components"...which I take to mean that it contains expensive caustic components. I`m sure this is a very nice caustic (high pH) cleaner that has some additional ingredients to improve the foaming.

Anyway, as I said, my wheels come pretty clean with a pressure washer without using any wheel cleaner. I`m sure this is a fine product but it seems to me one of the main ingredients is hyperbole. World-class industrial chemists and the finest raw material suppliers, after all! I do have a helpful hint, if you`re worried about damaging your expensive brake components by getting nasty chemicals in them...I`d suggest not blasting them with 1000 psi of water, either.

I don`t know how I got dragged into this, I would just like to see an SDS before I bought this stuff, see what the pH is, etc., but I`m not buying any, anyway, I got plenty of wheel cleaner, soap, rinseless, and no time to wash wheels anyway.
    I agree. I will say my question about your comment and the video was to not cause an emotional event. I’m all for anything that makes my life easier, but not at the expense of my or my 2 young boys well being. It’s hard enough to keep them out of the car wash stuff that doesn’t have a slew of negative effects to them. I know that’s tough with detailing supplies and young kids, but I try to keep anything but the soap bucket away from them if possible

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I`m sure this is a safe wheel cleaner (as wheel cleaners go), but it`s not going to be safe enough to drink. It just doesn`t really seem to be a miracle product to me, although it may be a great wheel cleaner.

I mean...what do we have, about 5 categories of wheel cleaners?

1. HF/ABF: very effective, dangerous, I don`t recommend use of these outside of a controlled environment (not home, not mobile...not really at all)
    2. Acid: effective, some hazard to health and hardware
    3. Iron-eating: mostly effective, bad smell, and it is of course, a toxic compound, but neutral pH
    4. Caustic (high pH): products like E1 A2Z, Brown Royal, etc. Effective but can etch, some hazard, depending on pH
    5. pH neutral: Griot`s regular, P21S, etc. Safe but not very effective.

I`d say this Auto Fanatic product is in the "4" category.

But there`s some danger in life, right? People have bleach and drain cleaner and bug spray in their house, in the supermarket, etc. I think about this all the time when I put food on the belt at the supermarket checkout...is that wet spot condensation from a jug of milk, or leaking bleach or drain cleaner or rat poison? And you can find HF wheel cleaner on the shelf at your big-box store.

Again, although it may not seem like it, I`m agnostic on this particular product, I`m just curious about what`s in it, and I would want to know a little more about that before I bought it.

PS Someone post some info about the pH in the neat form and dilutions, maybe I`m wrong.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information