Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

I purchased these products during the Adams black friday sale.

Products:

Adams UV Ceramic Paint Coating

Adams UV Ceramic Spray Coating

Adams Ceramic Boost

Adams UV Light

Short description of each product

Ceramic Boost is the maintenance product for the coatings.

• SiO2 infused
    • Glazed Almond Scent
    • 3-6 months protection
    • Can be used on paint, chrome, plastic, wheels and glass.

UV Paint Coating is new for 2019. Essentially the UV light is used to see where the coating has been applied. Adams calls it their patent pending ceramic glow technology.

• 9H
    • 5+ years protection
    • 50ml does 2 full sized vehicles
    • Can be used on single stage, clear coat, vinyl wraps, trim, bed liners,headlights, tonneau covers, canvas tops, floor mats, plastic trim
    • Temperature application 50 degrees
    • Cure time 12-24 hours
    • Max layers is 3
    • Can be seen with 395 UV light
    • Does not glow in the dark

UV Ceramic Spray Coating has been reformulated with the ceramic glow technology for 2019.

• Solvent based ceramic spray coating
    • 10-12 month durability
    • Can be used on paint, glass, headlights, tonneau covers, soft tops,chrome, trim, wheels, bed liners
    • Max layers is 3
    • Can be seen with 395 UV light
    • Does not glow in the dark

UV light is used for the coatings. It is 396 NM with 100 LED UV Blacklights. Requires 6 AA batteries.

I applied to a silver hood which is my test panel for the product. Prepped with 3D ACA finishing polish and prep wiped with Americana Global Stripper.

Application is pretty straight forward. Same technique used for any other coating.

This is one are where I just spread the product and it can be seen under the light.

I divided the hood into three sections. The ceramic boost does not contain the glow technology. So it will not show any change under the light.

After pulling the tape back we can see that both the spray and paint coating react to the light. You will notice the darkening effect is more pronounced for the paint coating under the UV light.

This is the transition point to the area where Ceramic Boost was applied.

From a distance the coated areas are clearly shown with the UV light.

Notice the overspray from misting onto the surface.

Final thoughts on application:

From an application stand point the paint coating is pretty straightforward to use. Easy to spread out and easy to wipe off. Feel slick upon removal. It did take me a few extra passes to have even coverage of the coating. After that I understood how the product behaved at the temperature and humidity I was working with.

The spray coating is easy to work with. Simply mist the applicator and spread the product out. I misted on the panel and got a little overspray. This is always a concern and thus using an applicator is the best method to avoid overspray. It does not take long for it to flash for it to be wiped off.

The ceramic boost is very easy to work with. Simply wipe and wipe off. An easy product to maintain either of these coatings.

In terms of slickness it is ceramic boost, the spray coating and then the paint coating.

I was not sure how long the effect under the UV light stays around. But after reading more about the coating it appears that it will be visible under the UV light specked out by Adams. It will not be seen in the daylight or glow at night.

Overall it is a good way to see if the coating is applied to an area or the potential of a high spot being left behind. A good coating for anyone worried about those things especially first timers.

One thing about Adams is that their products are user friendly.

I can not comment on durability just yet. That test will come later.

It is an interesting characteristic and kudos to Adams for thinking outside the box to differentiate their coatings.

A couple application videos. Part 3 is a little long as it includes the application of the spray coating, ceramic boost and I share my final thoughts on application.

Scott has his review in this thread

Adam’s Polishes UV Ceramic Paint Coating
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes quebert, Loach, PantherShark, SWETM, glfnaz and 3 others liked this post
    Thanks Loach, BudgetPlan1, mc2hill, Coatings=crack, SWETM and 2 others thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

This post reserved for water behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up, I gotta watch the videos later. How do you like the sprayers more than the old ones? Until recently Adam`s used the same sprayer like ever other company uses on their 8oz and smaller bottles. Adam`s just recently changed them as most of the pics on their web site still show the bottles with the older sprayer. Outside of Polish Angel every small bottle product I have, I strongly dislike the sprayer. Even for short usage my hand and fingers would cramp, and I had a couple just stop working on me. Since Adam`s changed them I`m assuming it`s because they found ones that work better, so kudos to them. I wonder about the ceramic boost, I know the description says 3-6 months. But a rep on their forums told someone who asked about the coating and topping it. "you should use ceramic boost every month" lol.

Interesting how you said in the video the spray coating felt the slickest, and the coating was the least slick. Scott`s review he said the coating felt very slick. That must mean the spray coating is really slick. Customers who don`t know much if anything about detailing, love shine and slickness, the rest is whatever to them. These sound like products I need to try and maybe work into my arsenal. I`m guessing like 4oz of the spray coating on a car? 12oz bottles $40 before their sales, and there`s almost always one going too. I`m curious how it holds up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up and pics! Very well done!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Nice write up, I gotta watch the videos later. How do you like the sprayers more than the old ones? Until recently Adam`s used the same sprayer like ever other company uses on their 8oz and smaller bottles. Adam`s just recently changed them as most of the pics on their web site still show the bottles with the older sprayer. Outside of Polish Angel every small bottle product I have, I strongly dislike the sprayer. Even for short usage my hand and fingers would cramp, and I had a couple just stop working on me. Since Adam`s changed them I`m assuming it`s because they found ones that work better, so kudos to them. I wonder about the ceramic boost, I know the description says 3-6 months. But a rep on their forums told someone who asked about the coating and topping it. "you should use ceramic boost every month" lol.

Interesting how you said in the video the spray coating felt the slickest, and the coating was the least slick. Scott`s review he said the coating felt very slick. That must mean the spray coating is really slick. Customers who don`t know much if anything about detailing, love shine and slickness, the rest is whatever to them. These sound like products I need to try and maybe work into my arsenal. I`m guessing like 4oz of the spray coating on a car? 12oz bottles $40 before their sales, and there`s almost always one going too. I`m curious how it holds up.
    I will say the paint coating feels slick upon removal more so than the spray coating. I am letting the cure for a week to see how they feel after that time frame. But Ceramic Boost is the slickest. Slickness is all relative to each individual.

The sprayer you posted is not the most comfortable in terms of ergonomics. I have other brands that used the same type of sprayer and they are not comfortable for long periods of use. Atomization is ok. The sprayers that were included are ok for comfort. Atomization is a fine mist which is ok. The only con I see is people losing the red locking tab to lock the sprayer. Without them the sprayer is always active for use.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding testing and videos Mike, love the idea of them adding a UV identifier into the formulas. Imagine them coming out with a hydrophilic coating with the UV identifier to confirm protection is still on the paint, just need to find a way to get the identifier to last throughout the lifetime of the coating as well. I would love to test something like that out.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes The Guz, SWETM, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Top notch review I think the I’ve is good idea it very cheap alternative to buying and having a really good garage or shop set up which is probably most people including myself. Very simple solution turn off the lights and turn on flashlight walk around car. You get to avoid bending and looking from all different angles and still missing 1 or 2 spots. Its cheap, a timesaver and reassuring. Very cool write up. If a tiny inexpensive flash light could save someone a few hundred dollars Compared to garage lighting upgrades I hope it stays relevant because Adams pulls stuff quick if it’s not a big seller
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s is really stepping up, I remember just 3 years ago they basically said they had no interest in ceramic coatings and such. 1st Gen stuff seemed decent enough, but this looks way better all the way around, and they kept the pricing the same. I`m interested to see the Ceramic Spray in a head to head against products like CanCoat & Overcoat. The price on it`s pretty damn good.

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up and review and pictures Guz!

Have you tested or know how long the coating is glowing with the blacklight after application?
    If the longevity claims are real life working it`s very impresive to even offering it to consumers. They have had a line of products out already and now comes new products and think it`s a benefit for Adam`s as they have something own to developing to better. For me personally it`s much on how the prices gets here in Sweden. It`s the usually with an US brand here in EU like you have with EU brands in the US. As it`s higher prices in these cases.

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely, done Guz
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Great write up and review and pictures Guz!

Have you tested or know how long the coating is glowing with the blacklight after application?
    If the longevity claims are real life working it`s very impresive to even offering it to consumers. They have had a line of products out already and now comes new products and think it`s a benefit for Adam`s as they have something own to developing to better. For me personally it`s much on how the prices gets here in Sweden. It`s the usually with an US brand here in EU like you have with EU brands in the US. As it`s higher prices in these cases.

Hard to say how long it will be visible under the UV Light.

Adams mentions this on their site. Even this is not a clear answer.

“Does the UV Coating act as a durability indicator?” No, it doesn’t. It’s currently offered as an application aid and utility for visualizing the coating. Lack of glow does not indicate lack of coating.

Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Watch out Mike, Adams might hire you. Car Pro should pay you a royalty.
    Likes The Guz, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Hard to say how long it will be visible under the UV Light.

Adams mentions this on their site. Even this is not a clear answer.

“Does the UV Coating act as a durability indicator?” No, it doesn’t. It’s currently offered as an application aid and utility for visualizing the coating. Lack of glow does not indicate lack of coating.

Maybe it`s not even possible (yet) but if/when it is they need to formulate the next version so the UV stays and visually degrades as the coating does to where you see none when it`s completely gone. When they announced the UV line I thought it sounded cool for newbs but was something I`d never use. But now I think it can actually be pretty damn useful thing for anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up. How does water behavior compare to CQUK3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Nice write up. How does water behavior compare to CQUK3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stay tuned for the next update you will be able to judge for yourself.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information