Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax

Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax-pahg_bottle.jpg

Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax...this stuff is just nutty. Soooooo reflective. Usually cell phone pics look better than reality but in this case pics can`t capture it. Every hard corner of a panel was shooting blinding, high def starbursts in the sun.

It`s on top of Kamikaze Miyabi + Zipang coatings and since this particular car won`t be driven much in next month or 2, did the whole Spring cleanup thing a bit early this year so I could give the PA Wax a ‘clean and pure’ audition; heavy foam, Gyeon Tar, Foam, PA Ultrared, wash and then wiped down with prep spray and had at it (sometimes takes a bit of effort to strip the nastiness of a Northeast Winter off of a car). Used the High Gloss Spritz about 5hrs after the HG Paste Wax.

I`m always trying to convince myself something actually made a difference after I try it and usually it’s kinda “Yeah, that’s pretty nice” but this is a whole new level of entertaining. Goes on smooth and thin (definitely not a ‘hard’ paste wax), removes easily after application to whole car, doesn’t stain trim…basically the same great user experience that Polish Angel stuff always provides. Immediate gratification upon removal which intensifies over first 24hrs and ratchets up a bit more after applying the HG Spritz.

I`ve been staring at this car under the same lights since coating it in 2016, from same angle (where I end up standing when taking the garbage out) and I noticed more reflections than I ever saw before. Edges and contours seem visually more pronounced and more distinct with regards to reflections...weird, but it is what it is. Rolled edge of rocker panel where it tucks under door was reflecting lights like I’ve not seen before.

Stupidly entertaining to use, it`s just one of those things that`s so fun in both process and results you (well, me anyway...YMMV) really don`t mind or ponder how ’practical’ it is w respect to dollars and sense (as in `common sense`).

I really noticed the reflections looking down the side where the lower body creases are; they`ve never reflected like that before.

Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax-pahg_side.jpg

Stuff is just a hoot and while removing it, I just kept giggling like a little girl seeing the exposed sharpness and reflective gloss, mumbling & chuckling to myself “Holy Sh*t this stuff is good…it can’t be THIS easy can it?” but it was/is.

And the whole garage smells like Polish Angel which reminds me of Crayola Crayons, kinda fun in a nostalgic sort of way. While I never had the monster box of 72 crayons w/ the built in sharpener, I was fortunate enough to be equipped with the 48-crayon box so not totally a hamper to my childish creative impulses. Mom was always against us coloring inside the lines (it inhibited creativity in her mind) so 48 colors was more than enough to produce visually disjointed drawings, usually resulting in a poor grade; thanks, Mom

Yeah, it’s expensive at around $225 for the pot, throw another $75 to $119 or something for the Spritz and while the car looked amazing even before using it this stuff just pushes it over the finish line as far as gloss/sharpness and reflectivity goes. It’s just one of those things you use not only for the results but for the pure entertainment of using it. While I snatched it up for use on our 981 Cayman (coated w/ same Miyabi + Zipang combo) just hadda give it a try on a more mundane car until Cayman sees the light of day for the upcoming season, hopefully very soon.

FWIW, this is a ‘coating friendly’ product so no need to worry about it diminishing the goodness of your base coating, consider it an ‘enhancement’. Wouldn’t use it (or any wax for that matter) on PPF as it will get caught a bit in edges/seams of the film but on a coated surface or bare paint, it’s ideal to get ya that last little bit into the Land of Crazy-Gloss . It`s just hilariously good. Bonus points for the feel of it, smooth and slick as can be. It really touches all the senses...

It’s really gonna push the Agate Gray Metallic paint on the Cayman to a new level...need more good weather to give a try on that:
    Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax-pahg_cayman.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Coleroad, Diner, acuRAS82, RMD, Loach and 3 others liked this post
    Thanks Coleroad, acuRAS82, Loach, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax

Sounds fantastic, would love to see it in person. To rich for my wallet though.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Sounds fantastic, would love to see it in person. To rich for my wallet though.
    It certainly does fall into the range of somewhat impractical but I don`t see me buying much else this Summer as all of our cars are now `set` for the foreseeable future so in the overall scheme of things perhaps I`ll actually come out ahead by Fall. If I can resist buying anything else...
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review. You’ve motivated me to stop touching one or more of my cars for a few weeks to let toppers whisk away, then will probably do a prep wash to get down to the base SiO2 LSP (Enigma on 1 car, CanCoat on the other) and try this thang. I always like to experiment in spring before I choose my major LSP start-over in late May... the days are longer, weather is warmer, sun is brighter. Sounds like a great season for something fancy!
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a nice product. And if it entertained you so much, I`m sure it would do same for me!
    Out of my reach, though. I`m saving for some cordless action.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    You’ve motivated me to stop touching one or more of my cars for a few weeks
    Review: Polish Angel High Gloss Paste Wax Good luck with that...if I had a nickel for every time I said that...

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Sounds like a nice product. And if it entertained you so much, I`m sure it would do same for me!
    Out of my reach, though. I`m saving for some cordless action.
    I think I`m just looking for `easy entertainment` in products these days. Polish Angel seems to have a large selection of things like that, unfortunately not to many of them are, uh, economical.

Post Thanks / Like

I see things like this: I can go to one NFL game, watch my team lose and regret blowing $225.... or I can buy a tin of High Gloss and use it many times, whenever I please. In the convenience of my own garage. ... and no worries about COVID-19.

Sounds like a great purchase now!

Disclaimer: I love the NFL and my example can be swapped with a trip to live theater, a concert, a convention or a public festival.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t see it on PA website. How long does it last per their claims? How many cars can you do with one tin?
    Great review Budget Man.

Post Thanks / Like

Budget as always great review.I thank you for your time and knowledge of Kamakazie products.I like the products and like esoteric people good people and good information from them in lots of ways.A lot of people could benefit from there training classes.I know I did
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am teying not to buy things for my exterior as i am now focusing on my interior and have decided on parts or detailing products not both.... it’s not going to well.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I don`t see it on PA website. How long does it last per their claims? How many cars can you do with one tin?
    Great review Budget Man.
    I was never able to find it on the PA Website either...? As for longevity, they mention the following in the description:

"In between using High Gloss Paste Wax every 3-4 months, look to use PolishAngel High Gloss once per month after washing your vehicle for an extension of gloss and durability."
    We`ll see. The back bumper piece of this blue car is totally uncoated (never got around to it last year after some wobbly-sausage caught it with their bumper) so we`ll see how long it lasts on the uncoated area where it will be apparent when it`s gone. I figure 2 months? I`m sure I`ll be slathering it with the HG Spritz after each wash, though so not sure I`ll ever *really* know

Like all PA stuff, a little goes a long way...I`d guess 20-25+ applications outta the jar???
    Likes glfnaz liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82, glfnaz, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

High Gloss Spray is one of those toppers that I think really belongs on ceramic-something (or Master Sealant which has TiO2). I recall not getting great durability as standalone (a month or less maybe?), but seeing what appeared to be better longevity (up to 2 months) when topped on something. The paste may be more durable on its own though... thicker application or different carrier, etc. I guess we’ll find out.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Emailed PA. HGPW is exclusive to esoteric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Coleroad, Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A couple weeks ago I did a RW of my car that has the same Zipang/Miyabi/Zipang coating and used HG spray as a drying aid for the 1st time and had similar feelings about how it came out.I believe that it the best the car has looked. Too bad it wasn`t a little later in the spring where I could of changed the tire to the summer set and gotten a wheels of cleaning of the wells, but that time is coming soon. here a a couple shots I took after, not bad for a 11yo car after a Wisconsin winter.

Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information