Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    This has nothing to do with the paint coating but they implemented the same feature into their leather coating which is a new addition to their line.





    I have this in my cart right now. Just trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or not

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  2. #32
    Sizzle Chest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    2,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    ^^^I`ve used it. Works as advertised. The UV light is actually pretty cool on the interior bits...you can see heavy/light spots/areas you missed/etc.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes The Guz liked this post

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    ^^^I`ve used it. Works as advertised. The UV light is actually pretty cool on the interior bits...you can see heavy/light spots/areas you missed/etc.
    I bought it, as well as the uv paint coating, glass coating kit, headlight coating wipes, and a bunch of air fresheners. I also bought 2 bottles of the hand sanitizer they just released...over priced yeah, but they will donate a bottle to their local emergency / relief services.

    I can say I haven`t found an Adam`s product yet I dont enjoy using

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I bought it, as well as the uv paint coating, glass coating kit, headlight coating wipes, and a bunch of air fresheners. I also bought 2 bottles of the hand sanitizer they just released...over priced yeah, but they will donate a bottle to their local emergency / relief services.

    I can say I haven`t found an Adam`s product yet I dont enjoy using

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    They`ve really stepped it up in the past 2 years, products have always been pretty damn good imho. But they were lagging big time on ceramic and more advanced stuff. I don`t get the massive hate towards them. Outside of their Polishes which are oddly very expensive. Their stuff`s pretty cheap, and everything I`ve used I`d buy again. And they have an iron remover that actually smells pretty okay which is nuts lol. And I like Adam`s story of starting out dead broke and living in the office, to making his company what it is today. Hopefully in 2020 they work more towards adding stuff for the pro detailers.

    I love I can get 5 gallons of their Iron Remover for right around $200 when they run a 20% sale. It works as good as Iron X to me, smells worlds better and even on a 25% AGO sale, 5 gallons of Iron X would be almost twice the price.

  5. #35
    Mike The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    3,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    They`ve really stepped it up in the past 2 years, products have always been pretty damn good imho. But they were lagging big time on ceramic and more advanced stuff. I don`t get the massive hate towards them. Outside of their Polishes which are oddly very expensive. Their stuff`s pretty cheap, and everything I`ve used I`d buy again. And they have an iron remover that actually smells pretty okay which is nuts lol. And I like Adam`s story of starting out dead broke and living in the office, to making his company what it is today. Hopefully in 2020 they work more towards adding stuff for the pro detailers.

    I love I can get 5 gallons of their Iron Remover for right around $200 when they run a 20% sale. It works as good as Iron X to me, smells worlds better and even on a 25% AGO sale, 5 gallons of Iron X would be almost twice the price.
    The new Ironx scent is almost zero. I donít know when it will be released.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    They`ve really stepped it up in the past 2 years, products have always been pretty damn good imho. But they were lagging big time on ceramic and more advanced stuff. I don`t get the massive hate towards them. Outside of their Polishes which are oddly very expensive. Their stuff`s pretty cheap, and everything I`ve used I`d buy again. And they have an iron remover that actually smells pretty okay which is nuts lol. And I like Adam`s story of starting out dead broke and living in the office, to making his company what it is today. Hopefully in 2020 they work more towards adding stuff for the pro detailers.

    I love I can get 5 gallons of their Iron Remover for right around $200 when they run a 20% sale. It works as good as Iron X to me, smells worlds better and even on a 25% AGO sale, 5 gallons of Iron X would be almost twice the price.
    That`s one product I haven`t tried from them yet. I wish they would have the spray and coat product they had on their Instagram page available for purchase.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    Interesting. I think Adam`s Iron Remover is the weakest product in their entire line. Glad it works for you!

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    Iíve heard Adamís doesnít own Adams anymore. Anyone know if thats true?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #39
    Amateur detailer 01GreyStangGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Springboro, OH
    Posts
    425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    In one of the videos he said something about investors and that Adamís had bought the blending company they used.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

  10. #40
    William_Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post
    In one of the videos he said something about investors and that Adamís had bought the blending company they used.
    Just picked up BOGO 16oz of two 8oz.

  11. #41
    William_Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    I just used this spray coating on a car I detailed. The solvent/carrier system is awesome. I notice it had two different solvents, let’s say the main solvent seemed to be propanol like. This allowed you to spread it with ease it flashes of very quickly, similar to Gyeon can coat in speed but smells completely different no harsh petroleum smell. But then I noticed a secondary solvent that flashed slower. This secondary solvent was the one that does the rainbow effect that normal ceramics are know for maybe it was something like methyl acetate or naphtha like that is heavier faint smell nothing like 2 year coating.

    I also did the full car in direct sun light on a dark maroon vehicle. Paint was hot to touch. I did not have a single issue went smooth like optiseal. The high spot I left did harden but was removed when I applied more product. A funky little product.

    For Beading & Gloss= Cquartz Lite>Gyeon Can Coat> Adams Spray Coat

    Ease of Use = Adams>Gyeon>Cquartz Lite
    Likes Loach, The Guz liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

  12. #42
    Mike The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    3,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    I will post this link which is for when I applied the UV tracer spray coating over Essence Plus.

    https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...ml#post2173255

    Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post

    For Beading & Gloss= Cquartz Lite>Gyeon Can Coat> Adams Spray Coat

    Ease of Use = Adams>Gyeon>Cquartz Lite
    I agree with you on this. It will clog the sprayer like the CanCoat.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

  13. #43
    William_Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Review - Adams UV Ceramic Paint and Spray Coating

    Iíve continued to use the spray coating on details and have done 10 cars with it. I actually prefer it in direct sunlight. I think itís helping to form a thicker coating because this stuff is really too easy to use, it is like optiseal and/or gloss coat. In the sun Iím coating a car in 10 minutes. Iím using more product. Maybe im wrong ...placebo effect but it feels more durable.

    I have not used there actual coating have read some good reviews, including GUZ and others and will pick one up in future to try on my or family members car.

    Adams has grown on me in last year. His product tweaks and updates are hard to keep up with but I think thats a good thing that he is quick to push the stop button pull the old product and push the new. Iíll give this company credit where credit is due.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Mothers CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING
    By Alfisti in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 08-28-2019, 12:26 AM
  2. Safe detail spray on Ceramic/Glass Coating
    By richiebohrer24 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-23-2019, 06:34 PM
  3. Adams Spray Coating
    By rlmccarty2000 in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 02-05-2019, 08:20 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2018, 11:52 AM
  5. PRODUCT REVIEW: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating/Perfekt finish paint prep
    By Justins00ss in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 05:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •