Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s Polishes UV Ceramic Paint Coating

Adam’s Polishes UV Ceramic Paint Coating

I wanted to give this newest offering a try. It applies easy, fast flash time, easy removal, very slick feeling afterwards, stated 5 year durability, and the UV additive is a neat feature. It’s not something I would use, however I can see the benefit for a beginner to coatings-especially on a light colored vehicle where it may be more difficult to see your coating application/removal.

The supplied UV light does indeed light up the coating, and show where it was applied as well as any high or missed spots. I attempted to document this feature the best I could with my photos.

The kit comes with everything you would need: coating, coating prep, ceramic boost for maintenance, applicators, removal towels.

This coating darkened the paint as others do. Very glossy looking.

Bottom line, if the durability is even half of the claimed length, I feel that this may be a viable coating choice.

Onto the pics:

On the vehicle/paint:

Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam`s Polishes UV Ceramic Paint Coating

Thanks for the quick review on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post

It’s not something I would use
    I am curious as to why if you don`t mind to sharing.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

^^^Sure! I have my system for removal, and check for high spots with either my Scangrips or outside in the sun/natural light. (don`t get me wrong, the light works well, it really does show the coating. Maybe I need to use it a few more times I don`t know...)
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Makes a lot of sense to me. I could see this being a good coating for beginners as you stated.

Post Thanks / Like

If it lasts even just 2.5 years it could be a good choice for anyone. I don`t care about the UV or the light, but I am curious about it`s longevity and properties. And a kit will be $110`ish on Amazon, which is pretty cheap. Just gotta wait to how it holds up and how it deals with dust and water spots. I like Adam`s durability claims, I know those numbers are always unrealistic absolute perfect case scenarios. But, they do have to come from some basis. Otherwise there would be no 1 or 2 year coatings. Everything would be 5+ years.

Sizzle, did you use their surface prep? I`m curious about it.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^I did . I liked it. Easy to use/no streaking. Has some alcohol content to it due to its smell.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, Sizzle
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

If it lasts anything close to 5 years or at least more than 2, and has the same protection/properties of the other coatings on the market like Cquartz, I`d wouldn`t call it a beginner coating at all. It would immediately go to the top of the list IMO.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^I did . I liked it. Easy to use/no streaking. Has some alcohol content to it due to its smell.
    Read one other review of it and they liked it too. Sucks Adam`s only offers it in a tiny bottle. I understand they push themselves as an enthusiast company and not for pros. I get it, Joe schmoe wouldn`t need a gallon of this but, he could also buy a 5 gallons of interior detailer, or Tire Shine, both of which would last a non pro like 15 years lol. Since the kit`s the same price as the old one on Adam`s site I`m hoping it`ll be on Amazon soon for $115`ish. That would be a pretty good deal. And it looks like the surface prep towels it comes with are single softs, I love those.

I like how you can see the UV well even on a black car, it would probably explode on something white or light colored.

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    If it lasts anything close to 5 years or at least more than 2, and has the same protection/properties of the other coatings on the market like Cquartz, I`d wouldn`t call it a beginner coating at all. It would immediately go to the top of the list IMO.
    I agree, only time will tell there though. To get even claimed 5 years now I gotta buy something super expensive like Kamikaze Zipang or use 2 products like CSL+EXO, which costs a lot more and would take twice as much time. Not good when you do it as a business. If Adam`s made it perform like a high level coating, but easy for even newbies to apply. I don`t see a down side. Adam`s was pretty stagnate until they came out with their ceramic line a few years ago. But lately they`ve really been stepping it up. They also just released a UV version of their wheel coating. Info on it claims 6+ years. I don`t believe that, but if it could get even 2-3, 1 bottle does 3 sets of wheels. @ $80 that sounds pretty damn good to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    I think he meant beginner in terms of its usability with the idea of using the UV light to identify high spots. And not so much on its performance. I would be interesting to see how it would work on a white or silver paint to see if it would make it easier to see the coating.

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Read one other review of it and they liked it too. Sucks Adam`s only offers it in a tiny bottle. I understand they push themselves as an enthusiast company and not for pros. I get it, Joe schmoe wouldn`t need a gallon of this but, he could also buy a 5 gallons of interior detailer, or Tire Shine, both of which would last a non pro like 15 years lol. Since the kit`s the same price as the old one on Adam`s site I`m hoping it`ll be on Amazon soon for $115`ish. That would be a pretty good deal. And it looks like the surface prep towels it comes with are single softs, I love those.
    Don`t expect to see it on Amazon for that low price. But with the current sale they are having you can get the kit for around this price. Although not everything is needed in the kit just looking at it. There are better applicators and towels for coatings. If I was to get this new coating, I would get the coating, the light and maybe the maintenance product.

You could have gone to the cars & coffee this weekend and picked up the coating in person.

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post

I agree, only time will tell there though. To get even claimed 5 years now I gotta buy something super expensive like Kamikaze Zipang or use 2 products like CSL+EXO, which costs a lot more and would take twice as much time. Not good when you do it as a business. If Adam`s made it perform like a high level coating, but easy for even newbies to apply. I don`t see a down side. Adam`s was pretty stagnate until they came out with their ceramic line a few years ago. But lately they`ve really been stepping it up. They also just released a UV version of their wheel coating. Info on it claims 6+ years. I don`t believe that, but if it could get even 2-3, 1 bottle does 3 sets of wheels. @ $80 that sounds pretty damn good to me!
    One thing everyone tends to focus on is durability. But I would consider that as a lower priority and focus on its overall performance. But people tend to bury the coating under a maintenance product so who cares about durability at that point.

One thing about Adams is that they have continued to develop their coatings. I had a friend who used their fist version and he told me it just didn`t perform that well compared to Cquartz. Adams went back and worked on version 2 but didn`t hear too much about it. Now we have this version which has a nice gimmick with the UV light. Hopefully it performs well in the real world. I also give them credit for at least this moment to not adopt the professional/authorized coating marketing strategy.

Having the one coating for pros and enthusiast is a smart idea. Why? Well number one, as an enthusiast one can get their "best" coating available. Sonax has done this approach with their CC36 and now we have Meguiar`s doing the same thing with their new US version coating. Also a company like Drexler Ceramic. It also gets their product out to the masses. I personally would like to get my hands on X brands top tier coating. I think others feel the same way. But we get the answer of X brand protecting their reputation from the average person applying it incorrectly and so on.

This is the only time I have heard an actual representative explain it right with the durability claims. Kudos to GTechniq. Fast forward to the 1:10 mark.

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I think he meant beginner in terms of its usability with the idea of using the UV light to identify high spots. And not so much on its performance. I would be interesting to see how it would work on a white or silver paint to see if it would make it easier to see the coating.

Don`t expect to see it on Amazon for that low price. But with the current sale they are having you can get the kit for around this price. Although not everything is needed in the kit just looking at it. There are better applicators and towels for coatings. If I was to get this new coating, I would get the coating, the light and maybe the maintenance product.
    Amazon`s pricing tends to reflect Adam`s sale prices. Which is a moot point I suppose because Adam`s seems to always have a sale going. Right now it`s 60 cents more on Amazon for the UV kit. You`re right about the applicators and stuff though. The 50ml bottle alone`s $75-85 depending on the sale. And I think any more there`s pretty much a constant sale.

Someone elsewhere brought up a good point to me about the UV, using it to show a customer what you did. With me being mobile and the fact I`ll be long gone before the cure time. I can`t do a water beading test to show them what I did actually did something. Seeing the UV would probably give a customer I`ve never done work for some piece of mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Bottom line, if the durability is even half of the claimed length, I feel that this may be a viable coating choice.
    Is this a vehicle you`ll see routinely in the future to see how it holds up?

I`m curious how well it will self clean and water behavior, almost more than durability. I`ll never go more than two years on a coating
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

^^^It is. I will keep everyone posted of course!

And Guz, yes, you knew it, my `beginner` comment was referencing the light, not the coating/durability/etc.

I hope to be giving this a shot on a lighter colored car soon!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Thanks Coatings=crack, Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If it doesn’t effect durability or application I’d say put it every coating I would rather checking with that flash light that makes a high spot so obvious instead of the normal look over from 15 different angles then driving it outdoors and redoing the 15 different angles searching for high spots

Post Thanks / Like

Brian from Apex Detailing did a YT video of this, it looks really slick. I had to rewind because I thought I misheard him. But, he claims he can "easily" do 3 SUV`s this size (mid-sized) with 2 coats each from a 50ml bottle. That sounds, um very impossible. Maybe I`ve been doing coatings all wrong, but with a 50ml bottle I could probably get, maybe 2 coats on the size SUV he`s working on.

Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information