This is a review of the Speed Master Utility Cart. After 15 long years with my old detailing cart I felt it was time for an upgrade. I purchased my old detailing cart many years ago after a forum member on one of the old detailing forums posted about a mechanic cart that was available at an auto parts store. I was fortunate to find one in my area and it only cost me about $30. My old cart in adjustable in height and has three small tray areas on the top. The cart/stand is more suited for a mechanic to hold tools etc and I found there was no way it would support a polisher while working. However, it was very nice to use to hold products or coatings while detailing a vehicle. Needless to say the Speed Master Utility Cart is a huge upgrade for me.

Product Description:

The Speed Master Utility Cart is sure to make your detailing job or hobby a much more enjoyable experience. You’ll be able to quick and effectively work your way around the car without having to worry about constantly running back and forth to grab differently products and tools. The Speed Master Utility Cart has locks on the wheels to ensure that your detailing supplies don’t go rolling off down the street. Because the Speed Master Utility Cart has three separate tiers, you will have more than enough space fit every product and tool you will need for your detailing job. The durable construction of the Speed Master Utility Cart will ensure means that this cart may even outlive your car!

Cost: $175.00

What You Get:

The Speed Master Utility Cart consists of three large, deep, plastic trays that are constructed of a super thick plastic and measure about 31 inches long by 18 inches wide. The trays are about 4 inches deep and will hold a ton of product/material. The cart has 4 large locking caster wheels that attach to the bottom tray. The cart measure about 41 inches high when completely assembled.

Assembly:

The assembly of the Speed Master Utility Cart was super easy. No real tools are required. I used a rubber mallet and a block of wood to assist in getting the wheels into the bottom tray and the tray separators into each tray corner. Overall assembly time was about 10 minutes total. When assembled the cart is super solid and sturdy with no wobbling. The large wheels make moving the cart around a breeze.

Features I Like:

1) The 4 inch depth of the individual trays is a huge plus. If a bottle gets knocked over on the tray the large lip will keep it from falling to the ground. If a product spills from a knock over it will stay inside the tray due to it`s depth and not go onto the shop floor.

2) The trays are really large and measure about 31 inches long and 18 inches wide giving you a ton of room. I had no issues placing all of the polishers that I would use on a detail in a single tray. This included a new Griots G9, Rupes 21, and GG6. This left me tons of room in the bottom trays for towels, product, lights, etc.

3) Each tray has two ergonomic cut out handles on each end. This design was perfect and allowed me move the cart around easily and to hang numerous bottles off the end of the cart. I was able to fit at least four 32 ounce bottles on the side leaving more room for other material on the interior trays. The hanging bottles also allowed for quick access while working.

4) The cart is super sturdy. In comparison to my old detailing tray the Speed Master Utility Cart is rock solid and I have no worries of the cart toppling over.

5) The colors are very sharp and appealing. The red/black theme will match my shop perfectly.

6) The height and spacing of the trays is perfect. I will be able to hang my Scangrip lighting off the side of the trays and position the light where I need it without the need to break out my Scangrip tripod.

Features I Didn`t Like:

1) This is not a big gripe but the interior of the trays is made of the same plastic as the entire tray. This does cause some movement of items within the tray as you would move the cart around. This can be easily fixed by adding a sheet of toolbox cabinet rubber tray liner. I plan to pick some up and cut it to fit the interior of each individual tray.

Pictures:

New vs old. My old cart on the left. Speed Master Utility cart on right.

Assembly completed

Tons of room for all your polishers on one tray !!! G9, Rupes 21, and GG6 all in one place.

Tons of room for product to include pads, polishes, and other products.

4 hanging bottles off of the side on one tray !!!! I could probably fit 20-24 bottles on both sides of the cart. In this picture you can see the handle cut out.

Conclusion:

The Speed Master Utility Cart is a fantastic upgrade for my shop. I now have more room to have all of my detailing materials in one place one the detail starts on a car. No more running make and forth to the cabinet for items I forgot. I can load up the cart at the begining of the detail and have every thing at my fingertips with the ability to move it around the vehicle as needed. The cart may seem pricey but in the long run the ability to have every thing you need to detail a vehicle in one place at your finger tips is a huge time saver giving me a much more efficient work space.