Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

TW HS Foaming wheel cleaner & tire prep. Graphene tire shine.

Could not leave the two alone today, so put them to the test. The wheel & tire cleaner impressed! Foaming. Cleaned the wheels & tires surgically clean. Used with wheel brushes and tire brush. After i put on a coat of TWSC on the wheels. Next up the new Graphene tire shine. This caught me by total surprise. Is my beloved Duragloss #253 have a rival? Used with a flagged tip brush to apply. Greyish color. Semi thin liquid. Sprayed onto brush and applied. Really fantastic look! Even application. TOTALY IMPRESSED! If this does not sling, and i don`t think it will, they have a winner. Curious to see the durability of it. Only drawback i saw would be the size of the wheel & tire cleaner. If you use this as your main cleaner your going to run thru it fast.

Hybrid Solutions HyperFoam Wheel Cleaner & Tire Prep - 23 oz.

Hybrid Solutions Graphene Acrylic Tire Shine Spary Coating
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TW HS Foaming wheel cleaner & tire prep. Graphene tire shine.

So I realize they are calling the tire product a coating, would you characterize it as a coating like Tuff Shine etc., or more of a dressing?

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely a dressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. More of a dressing. Here is a in depth review of both products from Brian, at APEX DETAILING.

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Tire Shine SPRAY COATING!! Graphene/Acrylic/Synthetic Polymers!! - YouTube
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

PA DETAILER:
    "Thank you" for your reviews of these two newer Hybrid Solutions tire and wheel care products. Quite frankly, I do not think that Turtle Wax has been given enough props and respect for their development and marketing of their whole Hybrid Solution car-care product line-up, and that includes myself. Maybe it`s based on their past reputation as a less-expensive (AKA, cheap) and inferior car-care product manufacturer, and no self-respecting Autopian would use their products on their own vehicles or those of clients, again including myself. Hybrid Solutions has changed that perception to some degree and your using and evaluation as a respected Autopian (at least in my eyes!) has given credibility to that statement.
    It is one of the questions I was going to post about for a topic discussion in this forum: Who is using Hybrid Solution products on their vehicles and what do you think of them? (Yes, that has become a more-than-typical Captain Obvious topic discussion question: Who is using Company XYZ Car-Care Products and What Do You Think of Them?)
    So, if you or other Autopians have bought and used some of these TW-HS products. please let us know. Granted, they have other competitors within this more mainstream OTC car-care hobbyist/consumer market such as Meg`s Hybrid Ceramic lineup and Mother`s Ultimate Hybrid (formerly CMX) lineup, but I see them a "value-priced" product within this emerging ceramic/graphene market. Hopefully they can deliver the end-detailing results consumers and Autopians desire and expect for their purchase of these products and detailing efforts.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve bought and used both of these products. The wheel and tire cleaner is pretty good, but still had to use Optimum Power Clean (full strength) to finish off the cleaning to get them ready for a coating. The Graphene Tire Coating is somewhere between a dressing and a coating. I got about six weeks out of it(single coat). It was still beading water and looked slightly better than the tires wit no dressing at all at that six week mark.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Conti’s on rear and Michelin’s on front. Looked good on conti’s for 3 maybe 4 weeks. Trash on the Michelin’s in 5 days. TW HS Foaming wheel cleaner & tire prep. Graphene tire shine.

Post Thanks / Like

We had some rain yesterday. Truck did not move. Did not seem to affect the tires at all. As Briarpatch noted, very fair to say it falls between a dressing and a coating.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I have Conti’s on rear and Michelin’s on front. Looked good on conti’s for 3 maybe 4 weeks. Trash on the Michelin’s in 5 days. TW HS Foaming wheel cleaner & tire prep. Graphene tire shine.

This is a great example of how hard it is to compare tire products. There are so many variables between tire companies and even within the the same brand.

In the past, I found a set of Continental DWS`s (the original ones) were hard to dress and nothing lasted more than a week, even my beloved 253. Other products could be measured in days or minutes if it got wet. Right now I`ve got Michelin`s on both my car and my wife`s. PERL on the wife`s SUV tires will last a week or so, maybe less if they get wet. On my car, it`s visibly present after three weeks and a couple drives in the rain. I`ve never had it last that long on any tire from any brand. I was really shocked when I washed the car yesterday.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to report this morning, after a 50+ mile trip at hi-way speeds, this product is SLING FREE. Inspected the paint this morning.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Glad to report this morning, after a 50+ mile trip at hi-way speeds, this product is SLING FREE. Inspected the paint this morning.
    Definitely one solid aspect of that product......not a drop of sling for me either
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Product is intriguing. Checked my tires yesterday. After some heavy rain, and 200 + miles this week, it looks like the day i applied it. IMPRESSIVE. And unexpected. Safe to say they do have a winner here.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m intrigued, I just have so much stuff I`d have to go through before I`d try these. But they seem reasonably priced!
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Product is intriguing. Checked my tires yesterday. After some heavy rain, and 200 + miles this week, it looks like the day i applied it. IMPRESSIVE. And unexpected. Safe to say they do have a winner here.
    So how is this product doing, 3+ weeks further along? Is it a successor to the Endura-Shine coating? That stuff was great but I hated it because it was black and I would always get some on the wheel...so I relegated it to the backs to keep them clean. How is this product in that regard?

Post Thanks / Like

No worries on getting anything on wheels. It would be safe to say, this product could go 3 weeks or a little more without issue.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information