Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

I think this stuff is maybe made for coated cars. Worked well on the Cquartz covered sides with no negative effects. Water behavior has been great since I cleaned with the McKee’s coating prep. No difference with water behavior after the Forever Rinseless wash.

It also seem to not affect the Cosmic only trunk. The hood had a few sio2 sealants but look to be degraded (not removed) from the McKee’s CPW. The FPR seem to affect water behavior but still beading although flat and irregular shaped beads.

I’m going to remove everything from hood and do a side by side. Was gonna be Cancoat vs Moonlight but might make a sio2 sealant comparison again to wash with the FPR to see if it will affect it. Has anyone else tried on a coated car? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I think this stuff is maybe made for coated cars. Worked well on the Cquartz covered sides with no negative effects. Water behavior has been great since I cleaned with the McKee’s coating prep. No difference with water behavior after the Forever Rinseless wash.

It also seem to not affect the Cosmic only trunk. The hood had a few sio2 sealants but look to be degraded (not removed) from the McKee’s CPW. The FPR seem to affect water behavior but still beading although flat and irregular shaped beads.

I’m going to remove everything from hood and do a side by side. Was gonna be Cancoat vs Moonlight but might make a sio2 sealant comparison again to wash with the FPR to see if it will affect it. Has anyone else tried on a coated car? Thoughts?
    Thanks for reporting back. I’ve not tried it on coated paint. I did use it on newly PBL glass coated windows but then I got pissed about FPR in general and decided to redo the window coating without being able to tell if it was impacted. More of a “peace of mind” action.

I’m glad to hear that your coating is doing fine, as this makes at least one of the claims for the product to make sense and be true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Thanks for reporting back. I’ve not tried it on coated paint. I did use it on newly PBL glass coated windows but then I got pissed about FPR in general and decided to redo the window coating without being able to tell if it was impacted. More of a “peace of mind” action.

I’m glad to hear that your coating is doing fine, as this makes at least one of the claims for the product to make sense and be true.
    The stuff is thick and I feel maybe it left something behind. I know you 914’d afterwards but maybe it didn’t remove everything. Did you or ochob (sorry if incorrect) try a reset wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    The stuff is thick and I feel maybe it left something behind. I know you 914’d afterwards but maybe it didn’t remove everything. Did you or ochob (sorry if incorrect) try a reset wash?
    Based on your last post (directly above), do you think your toppers were degraded, or masked by PR left behind? Maybe that thought should be pending Reset wash.

I N-914’d followed by 2 rounds of WG paint prep. I would like to think that is enough to get cleaner residue off, but not 100% way knowing. However, for one of the cases I had tried PR on, the hood still had the same beading reduction after 2 weeks of sitting outside, including numerous rains.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Based on your last post (directly above), do you think your toppers were degraded, or masked by PR left behind? Maybe that thought should be pending Reset wash.

I N-914’d followed by 2 rounds of WG paint prep. I would like to think that is enough to get cleaner residue off, but not 100% way knowing. However, for one of the cases I had tried PR on, the hood still had the same beading reduction after 2 weeks of sitting outside, including numerous rains.
    I felt that the products were degrading to begin with (had prewash a couple of times with BH autofoam which i believe is alkaline). I do feel the beads in pic look worse but comparing rain beads to pump sprayer.

Gonna rain in couple days and will be fairer comparison. Will bead wirh pump sprayer after wash.

Thread Information