Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I can only imagine how strong fenylabs actual panel wipe is. So strong seeps through the car body and cleans your dash
    The perfect one step

Post Thanks / Like

This place makes me buy things.

So I got in my order of Feynlab Pure Rinseless and anxiously put it to use last night. Mixed up 1.5 oz of solution with ~3 gallons of water, and had a separate bucket with just water and a few mitts. To pre-treat I filled a spray bottle with the solution from the bucket and sprayed down a few panels at a time. Then proceeded with the two-bucket rinseless wash.

This stuff feels really slick on the hands. So slick in fact, that I think it was actually eating my skin. Kind of like that feeling when you get an alkaline apc on your hands. I don`t have any litmus strips to test the pH but I`m certain it has a slight alkaline nature to it. I will absolutely be wearing gloves next time, as it dried my hands out pretty heavily.

Anyways, the slickness wasn`t just in my hands but on the car as well. Very, very lubricated, and more so than my usual go-to rinseless wash, N914. The cleaning ability was very impressive. In a recent post on Feynlab`s Instagram, they posted about this product and said "No more picking at pollen marks with your fingers". I found that to be absolutely true, and the only other wash product I`ve used that works that well on gunk like that is CarPro Reset.

One thing I found really impressive about this product was its surface "wetting" capabilities. It really has impressive amounts of cling and fights back against the ceramic coated (CQuartz) surface below it that`s trying to bead it away. I believe this property is what allows it to emulsify and encapsulate the contamination so well. See the image below, this is just after wiping the surface with my wash mitt.

I also used the solution I had in my spray bottle to give my wheels a waterless wash with an old rag dipped in the bucket solution. This, too, was really really impressive. It`s harder to get into the barrel washing this way but I got the spokes and rim really nice and clean with little effort.

Before/After

So this stuff is definitely a keeper for me. I can see it being used as a prep wash before some major projects and definitely as a good ceramic maintenance product when a deeper clean is needed. I can see using it as a waterless solution to wipe away polish residue too. I would hesitate to use it outside in the sun and let it get too dry on the surface, though. I tend to use N914 as a post-wash water spot prevention and will let that bake away in the sun no problem. The Feynlab left some noticeable streaks just letting dry in my garage at night. It seems to be a pretty heavy product so maybe my dilution wasn`t quite accurate, but overall it`s an impressively powerful product. It`s pretty cool having the power of something like Reset in a rinseless option.
    Likes SNP209, atbalfour liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    This place makes me buy things.

So I got in my order of Feynlab Pure Rinseless and anxiously put it to use last night. Mixed up 1.5 oz of solution with ~3 gallons of water, and had a separate bucket with just water and a few mitts. To pre-treat I filled a spray bottle with the solution from the bucket and sprayed down a few panels at a time. Then proceeded with the two-bucket rinseless wash.

This stuff feels really slick on the hands. So slick in fact, that I think it was actually eating my skin. Kind of like that feeling when you get an alkaline apc on your hands. I don`t have any litmus strips to test the pH but I`m certain it has a slight alkaline nature to it. I will absolutely be wearing gloves next time, as it dried my hands out pretty heavily.

Anyways, the slickness wasn`t just in my hands but on the car as well. Very, very lubricated, and more so than my usual go-to rinseless wash, N914. The cleaning ability was very impressive. In a recent post on Feynlab`s Instagram, they posted about this product and said "No more picking at pollen marks with your fingers". I found that to be absolutely true, and the only other wash product I`ve used that works that well on gunk like that is CarPro Reset.

One thing I found really impressive about this product was its surface "wetting" capabilities. It really has impressive amounts of cling and fights back against the ceramic coated (CQuartz) surface below it that`s trying to bead it away. I believe this property is what allows it to emulsify and encapsulate the contamination so well. See the image below, this is just after wiping the surface with my wash mitt.

I also used the solution I had in my spray bottle to give my wheels a waterless wash with an old rag dipped in the bucket solution. This, too, was really really impressive. It`s harder to get into the barrel washing this way but I got the spokes and rim really nice and clean with little effort.

Before/After

So this stuff is definitely a keeper for me. I can see it being used as a prep wash before some major projects and definitely as a good ceramic maintenance product when a deeper clean is needed. I can see using it as a waterless solution to wipe away polish residue too. I would hesitate to use it outside in the sun and let it get too dry on the surface, though. I tend to use N914 as a post-wash water spot prevention and will let that bake away in the sun no problem. The Feynlab left some noticeable streaks just letting dry in my garage at night. It seems to be a pretty heavy product so maybe my dilution wasn`t quite accurate, but overall it`s an impressively powerful product. It`s pretty cool having the power of something like Reset in a rinseless option.
    I`ve found it to be absolutely fine in the sun - a very light wipe removes any footprint left behind.

I tested the diluted pH and it was neutral (somehow).

Wizardry in a bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    I`ve found it to be absolutely fine in the sun - a very light wipe removes any footprint left behind.

I tested the diluted pH and it was neutral (somehow).

Wizardry in a bottle.
    Wow..... surprising...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Wow..... surprising...

Unless it was so powerful that it cleaned the colour off the pH strips WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Unless it was so powerful that it cleaned the colour off the pH strips WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Lol....

Post Thanks / Like

I`m late in discovering this stuff but I`m intrigued. Being a minimalist, I like having the least amount of products I need to do the job. If i`m reading this thread correctly, I could use PR or PW for decon, routine washes, interior and wheels? I currently use ONR/Power Clean for pre-wash/interior etc. I like the cleaning power though of PR/PW so I`m tempted to try this once I`m out of ONR/OPC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    I`m late in discovering this stuff but I`m intrigued. Being a minimalist, I like having the least amount of products I need to do the job. If i`m reading this thread correctly, I could use PR or PW for decon, routine washes, interior and wheels? I currently use ONR/Power Clean for pre-wash/interior etc. I like the cleaning power though of PR/PW so I`m tempted to try this once I`m out of ONR/OPC.
    Not heard as much about Pure Wash. seems by description it is a Reset type soap. I know [mention]The Guz [/mention] has used it.

Likes CleanIt liked this post
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pure wash can be turned up or turned down by dilution as well. Foams on the lower side like Reset. Great wheel cleaner at higher than the recommended 1:400, probably 1:300. The shampoo feels very slick. It`s a really good cleaner like Pure Rinseless is.

Post Thanks / Like

Pure Wash is pretty good. For those that like high suds will not like it. Does a pretty good job overall. I would still choose Reset over it. Reset seems to rinse off cleaner faster than Pure Wash.

Pure Risneless is good. I don`t find it that much stronger than N914 or Meguiar`s D114. Pure Rinseless seems to have an achillies heel with being removed off glass.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes dgage, CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Semi Thread BRUMP. I just picked up some 914. Just mainly to use -maybe- as WW for door/trunk jambs. Eh, maybe me perception may change...

The last time I had a WW/RW product was maybe 15 years ago or so, with ONE. I think I might have used it 3X - it wasn`t for me . Ended up in the landfill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Semi Thread BRUMP. I just picked up some 914. Just mainly to use -maybe- as WW for door/trunk jambs. Eh, maybe me perception may change...

The last time I had a WW/RW product was maybe 15 years ago or so, with ONE. I think I might have used it 3X - it wasn`t for me . Ended up in the landfill.
    It’s good stuff. I have no problem using it for a maintenance wash

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a DINOsaur. I need water and lots of it......

I know many are fine with the whole rinse less approach. I just can`t wrap my head over the concept of it.....versus flooding water....
    Baby steps I suppose. 15 years`ish since I tried ONR. Did not like it. Getting back on the bicycle as they say

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I`m a DINOsaur. I need water and lots of it......

I know many are fine with the whole rinse less approach. I just can`t wrap my head over the concept of it.....versus flooding water....
    Baby steps I suppose. 15 years`ish since I tried ONR. Did not like it. Getting back on the bicycle as they say
    For me the secret is one towel per panel and the towel is sopping wet. Add a little waterless wash spray per panel and I feel there is plenty of lubrication and plenty of water to sweep contaminants away.
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And for now, this is mainly trunk/door jambs.
    LOL, I don`t see myself using this on exterior paint quite yet

However, with this new -self healing- PPF full wrap vehicle, I might try it on a very very Very lightly soiled car, like taken for a spin after a wash sorta dirt level.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread Information