Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

I would like to see some of the YouTube channels test these products like spray sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Bump!

I just wanted to give a heads up that I used Pure Rinseless as my clay lube because it seemed like a good idea, trying to strip the old LSP anyways and it’s very lubricating...

But silly me didn’t do a thorough dry off, figuring that there’s no harm in letting the excess lube sit around until I did a coating prep wash the next morning. The areas where the Pure Rinseless solution sat around crevices and on horizontal panels dried the paint out. It had a chalky look but it wasn’t residue to my knowledge.

Luckily, the polishing step fixed the dryness, but Pure R is not something I’ll try as clay lube in the future since its strong.

Additionally, there was noticeable marring left in some areas but I can’t pin it onPure Rinseless. I used a new clay mitt and perhaps didn’t fully remove the protective later.

Definitely my most frightening clay experience!
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    ..there was noticeable marring left in some areas but I can’t pin it onPure Rinseless. I used a...clay mitt ...
    That just reinforces me determination to never use a clay mitt/towel, for which *I* would probably blame the marring. Should`ve been able to see it immediately while doing the work, the way you can with conventional clay, so you could stop and switch to some less damaging approach.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That just reinforces me determination to never use a clay mitt/towel, for which *I* would probably blame the marring. Should`ve been able to see it immediately while doing the work, the way you can with conventional clay, so you could stop and switch to some less damaging approach.
    Hello, Hermano, hope all is well and safe up there in NEOH..

I have only used one vulcanized rubber towel ever, to replace claybars and it is this one - https://www.autopia-carcare.com/spee...l#.Xt1Jm9WpH3g

Have also only used one claybar lube because it is the best for me ever, and it is this one - https://www.autopia-carcare.com/dodo...l#.Xt1HT9WpH3g

The instructions for this Speedy Prep Towel say to avoid using soap and water as a lubricant, and do not use it on hot surfaces because it may cause the rubber to melt..
    Dan F

I have only used it a zillion times inside the garage after the wash, and it has never messed me up.. Sometimes, the embedded gunk is so thick on paintwork, that I have to go over a few places again, to make sure the surface is all the same smoothness, so it all matches..

I like that it is a towel big enough to fold 4 times, so I have 4 surfaces to use before I rinse it out..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

So I’ve used the BF clay mitt before with no noticeable marring (to my knowledge). For this session I started with a new one and used it on a window for a minute, which I’d directed in order to remove whatever protection layer exists on the mitt. So was thinking I didn’t do that very well.

I should have seen marring but was doing this at night in my mediocre lit garage (I do my hobby around my job and parenting the best I can which often is nights). Black car, blah lighting and me knowing I’m prepping for polish, I sped along fairly carelessly. However, now that I’ve seen most of the car up close in good light, the only significant mar spots were on the hood where the WG ceramics were protecting. This was also the spot I started the claying process.

So me being a little careless and tired, new lube texture, new mitt... I was probably asking for a problem to occur and am lucky it was only to a 2’x2’ area. But hopefully life goes back to normal soon and I can get some more daylight hobby time.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs- We`re doing fine here, hope all is well with you too.

Although I kneejerk against DodoJuice stuff (due to its boutique/etc. angle), that lube does sound good. I dunno if you`ve ever tried Sonus Glyde, but it sounds similar to that.

When it comes to the towels/etc. not marring for *you*, I`ll observe that you can do other stuff (e.g., finish out via rotary) that I don`t expect others (myself included) to be capable of

Also, I suspect that most here, especially you Pros, are dealing with much worse contamination than I ever have to deal with. I mean..when I finally clayed the Dailies after *years* it turned out to be a waste of time as virtually nothing came off...

acuRAS82- OK, sounds like you`re on top of it.

Though I simply don`t see how people can use those things without some degree of marring. Sheesh, I have to work inch-by-inch, literally, to clay without marring, taking every conceivable precaution.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    The only other thing I can add to this step in the process of paint correction is that one has to handle this step with finesse, "soft hands", and all in straight lines..
    Not like you are sanding down a rough piece of hardwood, etc.. One has to strive to "feel" what is going on under that media, listen to the sound, feel the resistance, and not just put full weight on and go hard on it..

It is Paint, it is hard, medium, soft, super soft, extremely finicky, and everything in between..

And all under the best lighting you can provide.. No exceptions.. You have to see, hear, and feel, what is going on under your hand, ALL the way around the vehicle..
    I even take the time to Dry each section I just did, dry my clean, bare, hand, and run it over that section to insure it is exactly as smooth as the previous one, and of course, look it over under that excellent lighting, to know what I just did..
    Dan F
    Lol, you make me feel like a jackass. But clay is clay and I’ve done it enough to know about the worst I can do to my paint in poor lighting at night... but although I don’t particularly make love to the clay mitt, I do hold it very lightly and go in straight lines. Whatever I harm will just be more work for myself during the next correction step. But this is all in the name of juggling real life with hobbies, and I consider myself a lucky man to do everything I enjoy, even if at odd hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Speed shine an amazing lube and their brilliant shine synth clay puck is better than the couple of other towels and mitts i’ve tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Lol, you make me feel like a jackass. But clay is clay and I’ve done it enough to know about the worst I can do to my paint in poor lighting at night... but although I don’t particularly make love to the clay mitt, I do hold it very lightly and go in straight lines. Whatever I harm will just be more work for myself during the next correction step. But this is all in the name of juggling real life with hobbies, and I consider myself a lucky man to do everything I enjoy, even if at odd hours.
    Mi Hermano,
    I am so sorry ! I would never say something to do that to you or anyone..
    Please know, I was just thinking out loud how I do it, and nothing more..
    I will delete that post now..
    So sorry...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Mi Hermano,
    I am so sorry ! I would never say something to do that to you or anyone..
    Please know, I was just thinking out loud how I do it, and nothing more..
    I will delete that post now..
    So sorry...
    Dan F
    Nooo! Please, I was joking. I think you already deleted but add back if you have copied somewhere.

I was just alluding to how detailed and sensual you make the claying process sound, which is awesome. And then you have me at midnight in a dingy one car garage butchering away, it was funny in my head. The way you described is how one should think while claying. It can help someone in the future. I understood what you meant through all of it, it’s what mist of us strive for.

add it back?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve use a brand of any clay called Marlow I use the 6 inch “king grade” clay pad and use it with the Velcro hand strap. Just as good as any other syn clay product. It costs about $9

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Speed shine an amazing lube..
    Interesting opinion to me, if only because I utterly despise it as a clay lube. Liked it fine as a QD/Drying Aid on waxes (not sealants), but not one bit as a lube.

Eh, you know what they say about opinions!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting opinion to me, if only because I utterly despise it as a clay lube. Liked it fine as a QD/Drying Aid on waxes (not sealants), but not one bit as a lube.

Eh, you know what they say about opinions!
    Yeah i had tried a few other (mothers QD, N-914, Nanoskin stuff). Felt this was most slick feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Getting back on the Feynlab PR, I used it today for the first time. I`ve use a lot of different rinseless products before, and this is just different then all of them. Both my cars are coated and get washed every couple weeks lately. It`s been raining a lot here, and my truck lives outside under falling leaves. I pressure washed both cars before washing to get any big stuff off the body before I washed. Like everyone mentioned, PR cleans really. I was really happy with how clean the paint looked and felt after. I had the product mixed at a little less than 1:250.
    What got me to post here was the wash bucket during the wash. I normally use 5-6 towels in my wash bucket to always have a clean towel. My towels are washed in 3D towel wash after use. After grabbing the third towel, the wash water in my bucket was dirty. I knew that the bucket was clean before I filled it. The only thing I can think of was PR also deep cleaned my wash towels. Anyone else have the same experience?
    Does Feynlab PR deep clean everything? I took all my dirty wash media when I was done along with all the of my other rinseless wash towels and drying towels and tossed them into a plastic tote and mixed up 5 gallons of PR at 1:250 and let in all soak. After an hour I squeezed out the microfiber to go into the washing machine. The water left behind was a dark brown, almost muddy. Half of the microfibers I soaked were clean before they got soaked. After washing and drying, everything feels nice and light again.
    I feel that as a rinseless, you can dilute past the 1:250 recommendation. 1:300 may be okay. I may use 1:250 in a sprayer to pretreat at the coin wash over the winter. I also may not need to use a dedicated microfiber wash soap with my rinseless wash towels. With how thick PR is, and how well it cleans, I`m just going to toss everything into the washing machine after I`m done with the wash.
    Likes Coatings=crack, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^Interesting observation. Is it possible that PR is stripping the color out of the towels?

What detergent do you wash the MFs with?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information