Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Lol! How dare you suggest such a thing to a group of sophisticated FB detailers. You didn’t know that each of them knows more than you?

Anyways, I agree it would be great to have more options like Frothe. I have not yet tried it simply due to the abundance of RW/WW on my shelf, but it’s only a matter of time... problem is that I’m afraid I will live it and leave 5 gallons of RW/WW concentrate to rot.
    The price of FROTHe will make you restrict it to special occasions, for example when the car is slightly past the Rinseless/waterless wash window but you don’t want to pull out a bucket or hose. I reserve FROTHe for these moments as West Texas is full of dust and there’s the occasional rain that comes out of nowhere when it’s 33°F.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel it is expensive but when broken down it’s $1.50 to $2.00 a wash. I know it can be done for a lot less from other rinseless but that price is bot inhibitive for a truly better product.

I order 1bottle of Frothe and 2 Hydrate. I order during black friday for free shipping.

Doing the math for 1bottle and shipping ($45) dollars and assuming 25 washes (website says 25-30) it breaks down to a $1.80.

I get more washes than most being a convertible. Roughly 2.5 washes per oz,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I feel it is expensive but when broken down it’s $1.50 to $2.00 a wash. I know it can be done for a lot less from other rinseless but that price is bot inhibitive for a truly better product.

I order 1bottle of Frothe and 2 Hydrate. I order during black friday for free shipping.

Doing the math for 1bottle and shipping ($45) dollars and assuming 25 washes (website says 25-30) it breaks down to a $1.80.

I get more washes than most being a convertible. Roughly 2.5 washes per oz,

And doesn`t Larry give you free shipping if you spend $150? In order to save $10 I`ll gladly spend $150! - that`s my detailer logic at work. And probably why I`m usually broke broke lol.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    And doesn`t Larry give you free shipping if you spend $150? In order to save $10 I`ll gladly spend $150! - that`s my detailer logic at work. And probably why I`m usually broke broke lol.
    I have the same logic; I really wanted to add another Marolex Industry Ergo to my original order of the Axel 2000, simply because I will save money in shipping in the future, because I really would like to add another Industry Ergo. But I had to tell myself no as the total was more than I was comfortable spending, so I just got the Axel 2000.

@Coatings=crack, I recently ran some numbers and by switching completely over to Rinseless/Waterless with FROTHe by cutting out the coin-op for three out of four washes, I could save about $3/wash. Over the course of a year that is at least $108 in savings. I did just order a Marolex Axel 2000, intuition tells me that I will be able to get more mileage out of FROTHe. Going from dilution of 1:20 in the Aerator to maybe 1:38 to 1:50 in the Marolex. I will report back with the findings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I have the same logic; I really wanted to add another Marolex Industry Ergo to my original order of the Axel 2000, simply because I will save money in shipping in the future, because I really would like to add another Industry Ergo. But I had to tell myself no as the total was more than I was comfortable spending, so I just got the Axel 2000.

@Coatings=crack, I recently ran some numbers and by switching completely over to Rinseless/Waterless with FROTHe by cutting out the coin-op for three out of four washes, I could save about $3/wash. Over the course of a year that is at least $108 in savings. I did just order a Marolex Axel 2000, intuition tells me that I will be able to get more mileage out of FROTHe. Going from dilution of 1:20 in the Aerator to maybe 1:38 to 1:50 in the Marolex. I will report back with the findings.
    What makes you think you can use a 2x dilution ratio with a Marolex? I have one, and it works basically the same as my IK & Kwazar. Seems to be that would be really really stretching it too far.

Post Thanks / Like

What makes you think you can use a 2x dilution ratio with a Marolex? I have one, and it works basically the same as my IK & Kwazar. Seems to be that would be really really stretching it too far.
    I have 1:32 mixed up in my Aerator and the foam is pretty runny compared to 1:20, but still usable. I then tossed this mix into the IK9 with the densest foam plug and I got near the level of foam that the Aerator produces at ~1:25. I do need to preface that I have not tried this mix purely as a waterless wash. I won`t do that ever as the name of my game is surface preservation. I supplement a rinseless with the higher dilution of FROTHe as a pretreatment. This is also being done with R.O. water as my tap water is pretty hard, so the lack of crap in the water allows the chemicals to do be extended a little bit farther. My guess about the Marolex extending product usage could be completely wrong as well, though.

To keep these last few posts somewhat on topic, at 1:250 Pure Rinseless foams better than any "non-foaming" rinseless washes. Comparison to N-914, M37 RFWW, Uber Rinseless, Carpro ECH20, DPC Revive, ONR, and ONRWW.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to hear back on marolex. Thinking 3000 to have bigger chamber for more pressure. Especially interested in regular 1-16 and 1-20 ratios

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post

To keep these last few posts somewhat on topic, at 1:250 Pure Rinseless foams better than any "non-foaming" rinseless washes. Comparison to N-914, M37 RFWW, Uber Rinseless, Carpro ECH20, DPC Revive, ONR, and ONRWW.

I just did a pure rinseless wash today and noticed how much it foamed up. Gonna give it a whirl in an IK.

To note you use frothe as a foam pretreat then wipe away with a rinseless wash. Seams like an expensive pretreat. How’s it working for you?

I pretreat with N-914 and then frothe then wipe away. Works well no noticable marring. Gonna try with Pire as pretreat next

Post Thanks / Like

WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

I just use to rinse less wash my car and tried on wheels and tires..... awesome sauce

Rim cleaned tire not

Foamed wheel used lo pro tire brush

Rim and tire cleaned with just Pure no product applied.

Used this. Love it for tire cleaning. Keeps product off wheel.

Awesome no rinse tire and wheel cleaner.

Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I just did a pure rinseless wash today and noticed how much it foamed up. Gonna give it a whirl in an IK.

To note you use frothe as a foam pretreat then wipe away with a rinseless wash. Seams like an expensive pretreat. How’s it working for you?

I pretreat with N-914 and then frothe then wipe away. Works well no noticable marring. Gonna try with Pire as pretreat next

Considering ONR at $42.99 per gallon, and I fill my bucket with one gallon of R.O. water at $0.25/gallon and 0.5oz of ONR at 1oz:256oz dilution. Let`s just call FROTHe use at $1.50 for the wash. That entire part of the wash process comes out to be $1.92. This process is for in-between scheduled washes if it is needed, mainly for water spot prevention as the rain in West Texas is about as hard as the water that comes out of the tap.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on this thread I bought feynlab pure rinseless. It was exactly the wash solution I was looking for. Anyone that has a coated car will have the same issues I had. When I sprayed ONR, N-914, Wipeout, ect. The coating causes the waterless wash solution to bead up. Even if you sprayed and sprayed the other WW don’t have the ability to lay flat on the coating. I was always worried about the bare paint between the beads getting marred.

Feynlab is the exact opposite it must be specially designed to lay flat no matter what the contact angle is. My CQUK did not bead feynlab WW solution, every square inch of my paint was covered in WW solution. I did not feel guilty and lazy . I felt like I could trust the product.

I have seen videos on YouTube about cleaning power. I thought they were exaggerated it turns out the product really has ability to clean wheels and lift dirt off the wheel if you spray with the nozzle close to the wheel. I mixed 15MlLs to 1 gallon it seems like that is unrealistic amount to a gallon and the first time I did 25mls it was too strong and streaked, it felt like normal car wash solution.

They remind me of an American version of IGL.

They have another product called PRIME it is a special clay lube that fills all the valleys and pits of clear coat it has to be used before polishing/compounding. It is supposed to have ceramic ingredients fill these voids so that polishing oils can’t fill in these spaces. It puts the ceramics stuff deep enough that compounding does not remove it all. Even pane wipe can’t get all the oils out of the cervices. So when you do go to coat the car when you run your applicator across the crevices the coating can bond to the ceramic stuff in PRIME instead of polishing oils..........Is this a gimmick? I don’t know I love the thought process behind it and the way of thinking.

Has any one use any other products or have a link to a great thread.

Mckees 914 was my preferred WW until I tried this.

To the others that stated the wax or sealant was effected they should real explain this as something different than WW this is more of a mix between car wash soap and panel prep. They should warn people and call it a Waterless Prep solution or indicate it’s stronger than other WW. For the person that does not have a coated car you would probably be better off with ONR, Ultima WW
    Likes acuRAS82, roscopervis liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Based on this thread I bought feynlab pure rinseless. It was exactly the wash solution I was looking for. Anyone that has a coated car will have the same issues I had. When I sprayed ONR, N-914, Wipeout, ect. The coating causes the waterless wash solution to bead up. Even if you sprayed and sprayed the other WW don’t have the ability to lay flat on the coating. I was always worried about the bare paint between the beads getting marred.

Feynlab is the exact opposite it must be specially designed to lay flat no matter what the contact angle is. My CQUK did not bead feynlab WW solution, every square inch of my paint was covered in WW solution. I did not feel guilty and lazy . I felt like I could trust the product.

I have seen videos on YouTube about cleaning power. I thought they were exaggerated it turns out the product really has ability to clean wheels and lift dirt off the wheel if you spray with the nozzle close to the wheel. I mixed 15MlLs to 1 gallon it seems like that is unrealistic amount to a gallon and the first time I did 25mls it was too strong and streaked, it felt like normal car wash solution.

They remind me of an American version of IGL.

They have another product called PRIME it is a special clay lube that fills all the valleys and pits of clear coat it has to be used before polishing/compounding. It is supposed to have ceramic ingredients fill these voids so that polishing oils can’t fill in these spaces. It puts the ceramics stuff deep enough that compounding does not remove it all. Even pane wipe can’t get all the oils out of the cervices. So when you do go to coat the car when you run your applicator across the crevices the coating can bond to the ceramic stuff in PRIME instead of polishing oils..........Is this a gimmick? I don’t know I love the thought process behind it and the way of thinking.

Has any one use any other products or have a link to a great thread.

Mckees 914 was my preferred WW until I tried this.

To the others that stated the wax or sealant was effected they should real explain this as something different than WW this is more of a mix between car wash soap and panel prep. They should warn people and call it a Waterless Prep solution or indicate it’s stronger than other WW. For the person that does not have a coated car you would probably be better off with ONR, Ultima WW
    Well put, on all accounts. I use mine now only on my coated wheels and glass. I tried it weeks ago on my ceramic wax test area and it improved the behavior on those for a bit... but they were already toast and may have also been weakened some by it.

The consistency is definitely one of a kind. Had they marketed it better or provided warnings for non-coating usage (i.e. “this will change/reduce the properties”) then it would have saved a poor sap like me from ruining a few tests. But overall it’s really good at what it really does.

The only other Feynlab product I have is Ceramic Spray Sealant but haven’t used to any significant degree. It’s supposed to be really good. They seem to be a high quality company focused on coatings/ceramics.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Well put, on all accounts. I use mine now only on my coated wheels and glass. I tried it weeks ago on my ceramic wax test area and it improved the behavior on those for a bit... but they were already toast and may have also been weakened some by it.

The consistency is definitely one of a kind. Had they marketed it better or provided warnings for non-coating usage (i.e. “this will change/reduce the properties”) then it would have saved a poor sap like me from ruining a few tests. But overall it’s really good at what it really does.

The only other Feynlab product I have is Ceramic Spray Sealant but haven’t used to any significant degree. It’s supposed to be really good. They seem to be a high quality company focused on coatings/ceramics.
    Well I’m looking forward to your review. I see some Feynlab authorized detailer use it as their sealant option if customers don’t want the coating applied

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post

Feynlab is the exact opposite it must be specially designed to lay flat no matter what the contact angle is. My CQUK did not bead feynlab WW solution, every square inch of my paint was covered in WW solution. I did not feel guilty and lazy . I felt like I could trust the product [...]
    Totally agree with the part about wetting. I don`t have the original link on hand but this was a post from the chemist I clipped from the sister forum. You can probably google it.

" A tip is to apply whatever wash solution and see what happens. If it beads up or instantly runs off, it is far from ideal. We encounter this all the time where we have low energy finishes and associated products which simply are incapable of wetting them properly. The reality is that most coatings are absolutely NOT easy clean, they are actually `hard to dirty` - the difference is subtle if you don`t know your cleaning chemistry, but absolutely crucial. Water based cleaning is almost always reliant on `wetting` the soiling - that`s almost the most fundamental cleaning principle that exists. Coatings are often really water repellent - they are really hard to wet. If the wash solution beads, it isn`t wetting well at all. What this means is that your wash is not gently lifting soiling which has been mostly loosened by a wash, it means that your wash media is mechanically removing the soil with limited real help from the solution until you have actually removed it from the surface (at which point, the solution might help lubricate or suspend). Basically you are sanding the surface. The coatings should be really tough to damage but, because we have so few appropriate cleaners, we are negating the protection because cleaning becomes more mechanically abrasive."

It looks like feynlab gets this. Food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like

I completely understand this logic, and the reason that I really like Pure Rinseless. PR just takes too big of bites out of my sealants.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information