Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

I got a chance to use it today on my wife’s van that I planned on adding a layer of winter layer of LSP. The van wasn’t washed for a couple weeks so it was pretty dirty. I usually power wash a car before adding a layer of something on it to make sure it’s really clean. I had it already mixed from before in a sprayer. I put. A liberal amount on the panels before also using a rinseless method.
    I have to say I was pretty pleased with the result. The paint was clean and fresher than it has been in a while. I think it removed whatever traffic film was on there.
    It did kill the FK1000P. It did a water test after and it was just horrible for water behavior. But was still there. It didn’t strip it. Maybe at a higher concentration it could be used to strip LSP’s. But IMO it definitely cleans better than 914, ONR, and DG931. But the car was very clean.
    I may actually keep this stuff. But not for a maintenance wash. Mainly for a panel wipe or a Reset type of wash prior to adding another layer of something. It’s actually pretty cost effective for that. This bottle will last me forever.
    I didn`t get a chance to suit it on the rims. Ran out of time. But I will post results in the future when I try that.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Good info, since it`s so cheap and cleans well it could be a good option for me to use on customers car. 98% don`t have any protection, and if they do it would be from me doing it. So I`d know which cars to use it on or not use it on. I this isn`t how it works, but my logic tells if it strips sealants and waxes and possibly degrade coatings. It`s gotta be suuuuuper good at cleaning lol. And like you also said, as a panel wipe it would be CHEAP. So it sounds like it has a couple good uses for me, not enough to get a gallon, but a liter would last a good while.
    I could see detailers really liking this stuff. It cleans really well. And if you are going to a customer that doesn’t have anything on the car it will clean any traffic film an leave you a really nice clean slate to correct. And in their directions they say it can be used as a panel wipe before a coating. While I haven’t used it in that specific situation I can see it working really well. It would certainly clean any polishing oils left. No doubt. It’s a unique product. But terrible marketing as a rinseless IMO. But maybe my initial failure with it can help some people find the best way to use it.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    I could see detailers really liking this stuff. It cleans really well. And if you are going to a customer that doesn’t have anything on the car it will clean any traffic film an leave you a really nice clean slate to correct. And in their directions they say it can be used as a panel wipe before a coating. While I haven’t used it in that specific situation I can see it working really well. It would certainly clean any polishing oils left. No doubt. It’s a unique product. But terrible marketing as a rinseless IMO. But maybe my initial failure with it can help some people find the best way to use it.
    As a panel wipe alone it`s a good buy for me. The cheaper panel wipe products are like $60+ for a gallon and I`ve never seen one that`s dilutable. Feynlab`s Panel Wipe costs $119 for 5l, Now I`d like to see one of the fellas here who owns Pure to test it again a legit PW product. I wonder how well it compares to Feynlab`s own offering. My car`s dirty and I`m out of RW, and Pure just happens to be on Amazon Prime and I could have it by Monday if I order by tomorrow. I`d do a test against the Menzerna PW stuff I have, but I don`t know the 1st thing about how to test the effective of a PW. And my car has zero anything on it at the moment anywho.

If one of you intelligent gentlemen could explain to me a proper way to test a PW, I could waste some of my PA Viking Spritz on my hood and do a head to head. My Menzerna stuff`s like 4 years old, but I`m assuming it`s still good?

Post Thanks / Like

As a panel wipe alone it`s a good buy for me. The cheaper panel wipe products are like $60+ for a gallon and I`ve never seen one that`s dilutable. Feynlab`s Panel Wipe costs $119 for 5l, Now I`d like to see one of the fellas here who owns Pure to test it again a legit PW product. I wonder how well it compares to Feynlab`s own offering. My car`s dirty and I`m out of RW, and Pure just happens to be on Amazon Prime and I could have it by Monday if I order by tomorrow. I`d do a test against the Menzerna PW stuff I have, but I don`t know the 1st thing about how to test the effective of a PW. And my car has zero anything on it at the moment anywho.

If one of you intelligent gentlemen could explain to me a proper way to test a PW, I could waste some of my PA Viking Spritz on my hood and do a head to head. My Menzerna stuff`s like 4 years old, but I`m assuming it`s still good?
    I’ll wait to see if any advice comes in for how to best test panel wipes. I have Wolfgang Prep Spray to compare to. My wife’s car has a near-dead WG Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant (thanks to Pure R!) and will be headed to the shop for spot correction next week. I have plans of a Polish and winter LSP after that. I can do a coating light or PBL Coating when it gets out (excluding lowest front/back re-painted panels) for testing purposes if there’s an effective test to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’ll wait to see if any advice comes in for how to best test panel wipes. I have Wolfgang Prep Spray to compare to. My wife’s car has a near-dead WG Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant (thanks to Pure R!) and will be headed to the shop for spot correction next week. I have plans of a Polish and winter LSP after that. I can do a coating light or PBL Coating when it gets out (excluding lowest front/back re-painted panels) for testing purposes if there’s an effective test to do so.
    LOL. You and I started this journey just looking for a new rinseless and it turned into correction/ re-LSP project. Oh well, such is my journey in the weekend warrior detailing world.

So I’m sure you have seen the torture tests people have done on Sonax BSD. That stuff can can handle all kind of acidic stuff thrown at it. After the first wash it affected my Sonax PNS so I applied BSD and waited 24 hrs to make sure it bonded well for a second test. But at normal dilution it greatly diminished BSD. I used Pure R on drivers side and 914 on passenger side.
    Full view:

914 side:

Pure R side:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Man what a nightmare you have gotten with this testing with Pure Rinseless. I was reading the description of both the Feynlab Pure Rinseless and Pure Wash on the Swedish website. It where in english though so may be the same as at the Feynlab officiall website. But the description was very strange with these 2 products. In the beginning it`s a maintance product to clean up the protection and not leave anything behind both on coatings and sealants. Then it`s a prep product before you apply any protection again or on a new car even I think it was. And back to being a maintance product for only coatings this time. The car soap if used 1:100 acts like a panel prep product and for maintance 1:400. If used in a foamcannon it`s just 30ml to 1000ml/1l bottle. That`s a very weak dilution for being in a foamcannon. So definitely it`s a strong product with some serious chemicals in it. The Pure Rinseless is even recommended to use nitrile gloves and a respirator when you use it. And on that I only saw the 1:250 as the dilution to use it with. Sure maybe a ceramic coating can hold up to these. But it`s very strange description of them and seems like it should be used as a panel prep product for application or re-application of their products. That`s not clearly described though as they go back and forth in the description of the products.

Sad when these kind of things happens with the LSPs. Especially when you have just done them ready for the season ahead. It`s time consuming to do this and can also be expensive. Then for you personally that has some testing going on as well that you have put a lot of time in to. Are now comprimised with just the use of one product. And if they don`t clearly described that this will effect your protection in a degrading way if you don`t have a ceramic coating. Would be bad to be doing I think. It`s not so it`s clearly written that it`s a panel prep product only.

Hope you get an answer from Feynlab and gets some clarification of this product.

/ Tony
    Agreed. I never in a million years considered a rinseless changing a LSP before I tried this Pure R.

I think there are either terrible marketing departments or there are things lost in translations between languages many times in this detail world.

I love Sonax products but find their marketing descriptions funny sometimes. Take Duragloss for instance. Their poor marketing department is still stuck in the 70’s. I love their products. I can’t figure out what their descriptions mean and I’m close enough that I have stopped by their HQ sometimes. I have gone full circle from coatings back to DG and FK1000P with some Sonax sprinkled in. But I’m sure the translation of Duragloss descriptions into other languages has to be amusing.

To prove that point here is the Duragloss HQ store set up. They are truly old school. It’s just a display case in the lobby.

Likes acuRAS82, SWETM, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried this on a coated vehicle yet? Maybe it’s made to clean down to the coating when a considerable amount of grime is interfering with the coating?

Post Thanks / Like

I struggle to believe that this stuff is stripping sealants. I have a hunch it`s just very substantive and wets the surface well. Since we`re not rinsing it`s going to leave hydrophilic properties behind. I`ve been looking for a wash product like this since D114 seemed like the only rinseless that didn`t bead on the surface when you washed (never actually got to try it). However I think it`s false marketing to say it leaves nothing behind when it looks like it definitely leaves some sort of film. Could be wrong though!

Post Thanks / Like

I’m jumping in here late with a question or two. What does the paint feel like after using the Feynlab stuff? If it is killing FK1000p I would wonder if it was that good for my paint. Could it be leaving a film/masking over the LSP similar to a Dawn wash? There has been test after test on these forums looking for something that removes an LSP (fresh) and nothing other than polishing was found to really remove an LSP.

Try a Reset wash after the Feynlab to see if you can revive the beading. I may be totally off base but it can’t hurt to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I’m jumping in here late with a question or two. What does the paint feel like after using the Feynlab stuff? If it is killing FK1000p I would wonder if it was that good for my paint. Could it be leaving a film/masking over the LSP similar to a Dawn wash? There has been test after test on these forums looking for something that removes an LSP (fresh) and nothing other than polishing was found to really remove an LSP.

Try a Reset wash after the Feynlab to see if you can revive the beading. I may be totally off base but it can’t hurt to try.
    That’s what I’m saying. If this stuff is stripping FK, then it has to be destroying your hands. Are there warning labels on the bottle like you’d get with Klean-Strip? If it leaves a film on oily sealants maybe an ipa wipe will bring them back. Curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    That’s what I’m saying. If this stuff is stripping FK, then it has to be destroying your hands. Are there warning labels on the bottle like you’d get with Klean-Strip? If it leaves a film on oily sealants maybe an ipa wipe will bring them back. Curious.
    It doesn’t burn hands or have warnings. One of my initial posts (#15) on this thread I followed up the Feynlab used on the drivers side hood of my Acura (with brand new M21 LSP) with using N-914, then two Wolfgang Prep Spray wipes. The beading remained exactly the same.

also I used Feynlab on my Q5 and the LSP (numerous coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant has been just about dead ever since. This was over a week ago with a couple heavy rains and the beading hasn’t gotten better.

While I can’t rule out that Feynlab leaves hydrophilic stuff behind, it takes a lot to remove it or it’s deteriorating LSPs.
    Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will have to check the bottle again for warnings. But my initial opinion is that it doesn’t leave a film. There is a chemical reaction when you put it on. Whether that is acidic or not I’m not sure. The first time I noticed something happening is when I was doing a section of the hood and several water trails dropped to a dry section of the hood. I thought the water trails looked odd so I wiped them off with a clean towel. Those water trails seemed to change the Sonax PNS. There were little lines left. I went on to clean the whole car. Probably should have stopped. Lol.

I will be redoing my Sonax PNS this weekend. I will be using this to wash it again prior to doing another coat.

But IMO it is not leaving anything behind. It is changing the sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    Agreed. I never in a million years considered a rinseless changing a LSP before I tried this Pure R.

I think there are either terrible marketing departments or there are things lost in translations between languages many times in this detail world.

I love Sonax products but find their marketing descriptions funny sometimes. Take Duragloss for instance. Their poor marketing department is still stuck in the 70’s. I love their products. I can’t figure out what their descriptions mean and I’m close enough that I have stopped by their HQ sometimes. I have gone full circle from coatings back to DG and FK1000P with some Sonax sprinkled in. But I’m sure the translation of Duragloss descriptions into other languages has to be amusing.

To prove that point here is the Duragloss HQ store set up. They are truly old school. It’s just a display case in the lobby.

That`s a cool and in a refreshing way that they have sticked to their products. Any knowledge if they have changed the formulas during the years?
    Have you or anyone else tried the Duragloss Enviroshield Ceramic Coating System?

Awesome that you can use it for other uses the Feynlab Pure Rinseless as a prep wash. Would be very interesting to hear if a reset wash would be doing anything on revive it if it`s maybe have leaved chemical residue behind. Don`t seems that way on acuRAS82 experience though. And if a coating has problems with being clogged up or saturated with toppers and what the Pure Rinseless could be doing at that. It`s claimed to be a maintance product on coatings. Here is the caution copied from their Swedish distributor site on the Pure Rinseless.

Cautions:
    Always wear respirator & gloves during application. Ensure application area is free of loose contamination.

A waterless or rinseless wash which rinses completely clean, revealing true surface condition. This is another claim that makes it strange under the product benefits description.

Post Thanks / Like

That caution`s weird to me, on the US site it says Pure`s eco-friendly. Maybe it`s just my thinking`s incorrect here. But my brain = "eco friendly" and "wear a respirator and gloves during application" don`t go together. If they`re saying I shouldn`t breathe or touch it, how can it be safe for the environment? Someone should post a comment on an Apex Detailing video on Youtube explaining this and ask Brian to do his testing on it. For something as simple as a rinseless wash, this is one of the most perplexing products I`ve come across.
    Likes SWETM, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That caution`s weird to me, on the US site it says Pure`s eco-friendly. Maybe it`s just my thinking`s incorrect here. But my brain = "eco friendly" and "wear a respirator and gloves during application" don`t go together. If they`re saying I shouldn`t breathe or touch it, how can it be safe for the environment? Someone should post a comment on an Apex Detailing video on Youtube explaining this and ask Brian to do his testing on it. For something as simple as a rinseless wash, this is one of the most perplexing products I`ve come across.
    The eco-friendly thing is a kind of complete in another direction when you talk about the personal safety and the safety for the environment. It has much with how fast it breaks down and desolves in the nature as in the water and the soil. Also how it effects the water organisms and animals. And then it`s gets very diluted in these environments vs when you use them on a surface to clean with.

It`s not unusual that WW or RW has solvents in them or emulssions of them. And since it`s mentioned as being used as a panel prep product. I would think that the solution is volatile as in it`s evaporate fast maybe is a better explanation. But it must contain something that is very effective to desolve oils and carbon and the bond that the protection has on vehicals. The thing in paint thinners is usually very effective to do this on ceramic coatings. It can be a kind of emulssion as in water soluble solvent/petroleum based that is very close to the chemical in paint thinners. And if it creates fumes when it chemically reacts with the oil based dirts and the kind of polymers that`s in the protection. These fumes can be very bad to inhale. This is only my thoughts on it though. I would think about the ventilation around where I use the Feynlab Pure Rinseless for sure. Maybe not a problem for a personal use but definitely if used regualary as a proffessional detailer. Then these kind of safety can be claimed a little over the top but you don`t want to ignore it fully. I see so many youtubers that don`t even use nitrile gloves with products that`s very strong. The problem with most products used as cleaners or carriers in products is very good at desolving oils and fats. Which your skin has as a natuaral protection. And useing this regualary you reduce this protection and it takes time for your body to build it up again. Then it`s so easy to use them and are a cheap insurance to not getting any problems with your skin in the future. Also you have a lot of chemicals that gets inside of your body by the skin. The same is with safety goggles as the eyes own protection is desolved by many products that is used with detailing vehicals. Rant over LOL.

Would be very interesting to see someone doing some testing with this product. And if you are a business owner and ordering it through that. They must give you the SDS from the product. Cause with caution claims there is chemicals that must be put in the SDS. And it would be very interesting to hear what it`s based on. Then all chemicals is not in the SDS but the dangerous ones are. And that it`s another thing that many companies think that they will get away with claiming it`s a secret. This is not so actually and the SDS has a lot more power in getting the user the knowledge about how to manage the safety with the product. Then that the ones that is going to be controlling products is very poor is another scary thing. As it`s up to the companies to put in the chemicals they uses that needs to be in the SDS on their own. Think not only in the detailing products this is something that many companies think that they can skip doing. Would be very interesting to see someone that`s able to be takeing a few different products. And to get them tested in what`s really is being used in them and if all that`s needed to be in the SDS is so. Personally I think that this could be a huge problem with the SDS is not right.

Feynlab Pure Wash is the car soap version of the Pure Rinseless. But they have another one called just Feynlab Wash which seems to be an interesting product. It`s leaves a ceramic protection behind and is recommended to be used at every 4th wash.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information