Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

After having terrible nightmares about WW zombies eating LSPs alive, I woke up and applied Pure Rinseless to the drivers side of the X5 which had a coat of Enigma ceramic wax applied almost 24 hours ago. The passenger side was not cleaned at all, the car has only been driven a few miles since Enigma.

https://youtu.be/eulC5cgOF4Q

30 seconds after video ended:
    IMG_1057.JPG

Sorry about my camera work, single person effort here. It’s less obvious than the degrading of the M21, but the drivers side water behavior is not as good as the untouched passenger side. The water doesn’t fly off as fast. After the video I took a bucket of water and splashed it over the hood 5 times. From that test it was easy to see the water sticking to the drivers side more and sheeting off slower. I couldn’t get video because I only have two hands. But afterwards you can see the water trails on the drivers side. The passenger side doesn’t have many of these thin line trails as the water shoots off leaving none behind.

After the bucket floods:
    IMG_1058.JPGIMG_1059.JPG

Not sure what I can use Pure Rinseless for anymore besides maybe a wax stripper (will probably try this out later on). Maybe it works OK on true coatings, but I would be too paranoid that it’s slowly degrading the coating with regular use.

Winner and still the champion: N-914!!!
    Likes Coatings=crack, Ochnob, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

Hey thanks for the review. Have McKee’s and considered trying Feynlab until reading this.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CRAP, I`m glad I`ve been broke or I would have ordered the Pure the same day you started this thread. I hadn`t heard of Feynlab before this so I looked into them, they say use gloves and a respirator with their interior spray. Sounds like they have at least 2 products that are too powerful to use normally.

acuRAS82 do you think it has anything to do with you using it twice as strong as recommended?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post
    Hey thanks for the review. Have McKee’s and considered trying Feynlab until reading this.
    No problem, and real thanks to Ochnob who is the one who caught the stripping/changing action. Without him I probably would have gone a few weeks before realizing my LSP is totally dead because of it.

Note to all: I had used PR a few times on my rear windows that have PBL Glass Coating and I’m trying to determine if beading is any different than other windows, but hard to tell so far. They look OK to me but side-by-sides are where you can really see if the protection is injured.

Ive sent an email to Feynlab asking what this is about, whether they knew it would do this. Still waiting on response.

Post Thanks / Like

Re-reading Feynlab Pure Wash descriptions, which Pure Rinseless is supposedly based from, it seems like a CarPro Reset type of wash. There are conflicting descriptions saying it is for coated and non-coated surfaces but I’m getting the impression “non-coated” to them means zero protection at all. The biggest claims for Pure Wash are for being used as preparation for new protection or for getting coating properties back, i.e. Reset.

Right now though, I wouldn’t even trust trying this on a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually just lurk but I made an account specifically to thank you for this comparison. Looking to switch to rinseless and was seriously considering N914 as it doesn`t leave anything behind and won`t mess with the properties of any coating/LSP I end up using. Good to know N914 is still king after all this time.
    Likes Ochnob liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by testing02hwr View Post
    Usually just lurk but I made an account specifically to thank you for this comparison. Looking to switch to rinseless and was seriously considering N914 as it doesn`t leave anything behind and won`t mess with the properties of any coating/LSP I end up using. Good to know N914 is still king after all this time.
    Thank you so much for the kind words! You absolutely can’t go wrong with N-914. And hopefully this account you created will encourage any questions, no matter how simple, if you were to have any.

Enjoy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah no doubt that the feynlab Pure R Wash seems to be very strong. And I would be very carefull to even use it on a ceramic coating to revive it. Sure maybe not so much of an impact if used every 6 months or so when you do a decon wash. Still it took a noticeble hit on a fresh Enigma Wax ceramic wax application. The way you see when the water hits the paint and it`s a bigger flooding than the other side that fastly beads up and sheeting it off was very noticeble. Thought first since it`s ability to clinging on the paint it could have been trouble to wipe it off clearly and left a lot of residue behind. But a wash with the N-914 you did should have fixed that I think. And also that it degraded ochnob PNS and BSD also says a lot of it`s strength. As in my experience with BSD it has a great chemical resistance.

Would be very interesting to see how high ph level it has when diluted. I don`t remember exactly but it`s some range of the hydrocarbons that can degrade even coatings very much and don`t think it gets a very high ph level from that either. So it`s not certain if it`s a lower basic ph level that it`s not aggressive on the LSPs.

Good call ochnob as it`s not so easy to see when doing only WW or RW. And is noticeble first when you see the water behavior on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

So before I returned it the other day I did a test on my wife’s hood. It’s got FK1000p. It also seemed to degrade the water behavior of that as well. To be fair the FK is about 5 months old and I need to put another coat on before winter.

I will say this. It would be one hell of a panel wipe after polishing. It does seem to clean well. And for the cost it would be a hell of a lot cheaper than most of the panel wipes out there. And they do say it can be used that way. Maybe that is the way to use it. But I am not happy with it at all as a rinsless.
    Likes SWETM, DBAILEY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    I will say this. It would be one hell of a panel wipe after polishing. It does seem to clean well. And for the cost it would be a hell of a lot cheaper than most of the panel wipes out there. And they do say it can be used that way. Maybe that is the way to use it. But I am not happy with it at all as a rinsless.
    Agreed... and I now have an additional 31 to 62 gallons of panel wipe!!!
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta vent for a sec. I give credit where credit is due, so I’m going to be consistent and give complaint where there is disappointment.

I didn’t track every single spot that I had used Pure Rinseless and now it’s causing me a lot of frustration. I have a spreadsheet where I track every time and spot that I apply spray waxes, LSPs, etc. For QDs and any types of washes I only record that it was used on a vehicle, nothing about area or how many times. This would be very tedious to do so as I’m constantly touching up and cleaning vehicles.

So now as I’m realizing places where beading doesn’t look as good on my own cars, it’s causing paranoia. Did I touch this area with that nuisance RW? My headlights on all vehicles got 2X coats of headlight coating two weeks ago. Beading doesn’t look as good now, I bet I at least did a single wipe there. My back windows on the Q5 and X5 were touched I recall, but the front windshield doesn’t bead as good as 2 brand new coats of PBL Glass Coating should. Did I wipe it down, or is this in my head? I’ll likely apply another coat to headlights and windshields to ease my concerns... which sucks because weather is getting colder and this winter prep work was done already a few weeks ago. Back windows will also need redone, obviously.

I had ceramic wax tests going on the roof and back panel of my X5. Those tests are void now. Definite change in beading to those areas which I know I wiped but can’t remember how many times, normal vs 2X strength.

All the above is beyond simply reapplying LSPs on all 3 cars since I consider them all “infected” by this stuff.

Ive not been in any situations like this since becoming an autopian. A simple Rinseless wash at waterless wash dilution is causing so much rework given my OCD and commitment to having a pure (pun intended) winter-ready protection on all parts of all my vehicles.

So with that, I’m very disappointed in Pure Rinseless, it’s advertising/descriptions that indicate no reason to fear using this stuff, and the lack of response to my email asking for explanation. The stuff deteriorated everything it touches and has no business being used as anything but a panel wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Man what a nightmare you have gotten with this testing with Pure Rinseless. I was reading the description of both the Feynlab Pure Rinseless and Pure Wash on the Swedish website. It where in english though so may be the same as at the Feynlab officiall website. But the description was very strange with these 2 products. In the beginning it`s a maintance product to clean up the protection and not leave anything behind both on coatings and sealants. Then it`s a prep product before you apply any protection again or on a new car even I think it was. And back to being a maintance product for only coatings this time. The car soap if used 1:100 acts like a panel prep product and for maintance 1:400. If used in a foamcannon it`s just 30ml to 1000ml/1l bottle. That`s a very weak dilution for being in a foamcannon. So definitely it`s a strong product with some serious chemicals in it. The Pure Rinseless is even recommended to use nitrile gloves and a respirator when you use it. And on that I only saw the 1:250 as the dilution to use it with. Sure maybe a ceramic coating can hold up to these. But it`s very strange description of them and seems like it should be used as a panel prep product for application or re-application of their products. That`s not clearly described though as they go back and forth in the description of the products.

Sad when these kind of things happens with the LSPs. Especially when you have just done them ready for the season ahead. It`s time consuming to do this and can also be expensive. Then for you personally that has some testing going on as well that you have put a lot of time in to. Are now comprimised with just the use of one product. And if they don`t clearly described that this will effect your protection in a degrading way if you don`t have a ceramic coating. Would be bad to be doing I think. It`s not so it`s clearly written that it`s a panel prep product only.

Hope you get an answer from Feynlab and gets some clarification of this product.

/ Tony
    Likes acuRAS82, Ochnob liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    acuRAS82 do you think it has anything to do with you using it twice as strong as recommended?
    quebert, just noticed I missed this. I’ve seen noticeable degrading with both normal and 2X dilution. I’m sure 2X does a bit more damage but noticeable is noticeable.

I guess I didn’t mention but the last Acura (10/29) and X5 (10/30) tests were normal dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

So I just found out my wife has not returned this yet. I am going to do some more testing with this today. I have to put a winter layer of LSP on wife’s van this weekend. It has FK1000p on it. From my initial spot test on it the other day it is not sting enough to strip the FK. But does dramatically affect the water behavior.

My thought process is that this product might be a decent Reset wash prior to applying another layer of LSP. It certainly cleans well and could remove any traffic film prior to reapplying a LSP. I may also give it a try adding it to my wheel wash bucket to see how that does.

I will post results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    So I just found out my wife has not returned this yet. I am going to do some more testing with this today. I have to put a winter layer of LSP on wife’s van this weekend. It has FK1000p on it. From my initial spot test on it the other day it is not sting enough to strip the FK. But does dramatically affect the water behavior.

My thought process is that this product might be a decent Reset wash prior to applying another layer of LSP. It certainly cleans well and could remove any traffic film prior to reapplying a LSP. I may also give it a try adding it to my wheel wash bucket to see how that does.

I will post results.
    Good info, since it`s so cheap and cleans well it could be a good option for me to use on customers car. 98% don`t have any protection, and if they do it would be from me doing it. So I`d know which cars to use it on or not use it on. I this isn`t how it works, but my logic tells if it strips sealants and waxes and possibly degrade coatings. It`s gotta be suuuuuper good at cleaning lol. And like you also said, as a panel wipe it would be CHEAP. So it sounds like it has a couple good uses for me, not enough to get a gallon, but a liter would last a good while.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information