Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless

I’ve not tried Pure Rinseless at 1:384, but will probably try in the future, and only on coatings or if reapplying something. Because I do think it will harm any sealant that I would otherwise want to continue to enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

1:384 for waterless is mind blowing. I remember back when I started using Chemical Guys waterless it was 1:8. Then they reformulated it and it was 1:16! Then I found one that was 1:32 and I thought that was the end of the world. 1:384, and it works really well? That`s super difficult for me to comprehend I need to order some of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I’ve not tried Pure Rinseless at 1:384, but will probably try in the future, and only on coatings or if reapplying something. Because I do think it will harm any sealant that I would otherwise want to continue to enjoy.
    If it harms even the durable sealants so drastically it`s just not wise to use regularly on coatings.. their hydrophobic properties may take 10 times longer to break down but as chemical testing on YouTube would show, the likes of CQuartz will break down with repeat hits. This product would appear to have an extreme niche... I`ve given mine away already lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    If it harms even the durable sealants so drastically it`s just not wise to use regularly on coatings.. their hydrophobic properties may take 10 times longer to break down but as chemical testing on YouTube would show, the likes of CQuartz will break down with repeat hits. This product would appear to have an extreme niche... I`ve given mine away already lol!
    Used it a lot on my CQUK3 in it’s second year. Had 0 problems with degrading and actually did a great job of decontaminating it. Which helped it perform better.

Maybe you shoulda gave a long term try before denouncing it. A sealant, wax and coating are all different chemistry.

Extreme niche.... yes to clean coated vehicles.....it’s why Fenylab made it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use all over my home to as glass and stainless cleaner, hardwood floor and fabric it a great product

Post Thanks / Like

Feynlab know what they’re doing. It’s what they recommend to wash their coatings with. Their coatings are pretty good, especially the new Ceramic V2 and the Ceramic Ultra.
    Good old ADHD.

Post Thanks / Like

I just showered using fenylab rinseless. Thanks Budgetplan for suggesting that.
    Likes Older, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been really happy with both Pure Rinseless and Pure Wash. I use both at a slightly lower dilution ratio than specified. Both of our cars are coated. I think that Pure Wash is a little less aggressive than Rinseless. Both still seem to degrade the Griots Glass Sealant on the windshield. Lately I`ve been trying to use up the rest of my soap collection so Feynlab has been on the shelf. Rinseless though will be my go to for winter washes in the garage.
    I`ve also found other uses for Rinseless. Towel pre-soak. Pre-treatment on heavy soiled paint or bird bombs. Grill exterior cleaner in a spray bottle. Soaked my daughter`s white gym sneakers in it. They came out not perfect, but a lot better than a typically wash in laundry soap.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post

before I coat a car I have this in sprayer and lay it on heavy and let it dwell then wipe up as it’s drying I’ll use ipa to me I believe I’m getting a cleaner surface than just ipa
    Just tried this today and it works remarkably well for this purpose.

Few well respected pros in the UK use a MF saturated in onr to remove the actual polish from the surface, supposedly excellent on soft sensitive paint likely to enduce marring when removing spent polish and clear with short pile cloth. I tested the same principle today, only using PR in place of ONR, with a very oily compound broken down so easily then the residual mopped up very easily with a dry MF. Surface felt and even under lights looked like it`d just been panel wiped.

I did do a final wipe with my normal panel wipe before coating but genuinely the surface felt or looked no cleaner. I normally panel wipe immediately after polishing a larger section and at the end, instead this method (as well feeling safer for sensitive paints) produced similar results at far lower cost.

I don`t know why I was surprised by the light work it made of polishing oils, having seen how it stripped igl from my wife`s roof a few weeks back.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Likes acuRAS82, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to washing my car with PR and was surprised to see how much color was pulled out of my clean towels into the leftover solution in the bucket. The light blue dilution took on the color of the green and orange towels I used so it`s now a light brownish orange. That aside, it did clean the car and wheel faces very very well. N914 will still be what I grab to for quick little things but for a full wash PR will be my go to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    I finally got around to washing my car with PR and was surprised to see how much color was pulled out of my clean towels into the leftover solution in the bucket. The light blue dilution took on the color of the green and orange towels I used so it`s now a light brownish orange. That aside, it did clean the car and wheel faces very very well. N914 will still be what I grab to for quick little things but for a full wash PR will be my go to.
    Does that with all color towels for me including light and white ones.

Forum consensus is it’s dirt from clean towels. Alot say there gonna use as pre soak. Nextci’m gonna try soaking towels i use with LSP’s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Does that with all color towels for me including light and white ones.

Forum consensus is it’s dirt from clean towels. Alot say there gonna use as pre soak. Nextci’m gonna try soaking towels i use with LSP’s

I picked a TRC Pluffle to try as a new rinseless wash towel. Maybe I`ll try soaking it for it`s first wash in PR to see if there is the dirty water color after a day or two. I did do a test on towels before and I do think that PR is a great towel pre-rinse. My rinseless wash towels are green and my water has taken a light brown tint to it after soaking them.
    I got two more bottles last week to get ready for the winter. It`s replaced ONR for me. I like how you can play with the dilution for the wash that is needed. I`m looking forward (not really) to using PR in a sprayer this winter before using the coin wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    I picked a TRC Pluffle to try as a new rinseless wash towel. Maybe I`ll try soaking it for it`s first wash in PR to see if there is the dirty water color after a day or two. I did do a test on towels before and I do think that PR is a great towel pre-rinse. My rinseless wash towels are green and my water has taken a light brown tint to it after soaking them.
    I got two more bottles last week to get ready for the winter. It`s replaced ONR for me. I like how you can play with the dilution for the wash that is needed. I`m looking forward (not really) to using PR in a sprayer this winter before using the coin wash.
    Love the pluffle for Qd’s and waterless. EE 500 edges it out in rinseless for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using MicrofiberTech 600 for years. I like how they hold their shape, if that makes sense. They`re pretty easy to keep folding over and over to get multiple wipes with one towel. I think the Pluffle may turn into my new keep inside the truck towel for dust, spills, etc.

Back on topic, soaking the brand new towel for 24 hours resulted in the same color PR as went in. No tint or color transfer. I think that the tint that many of us have experienced with soaking towels in PR is dirt being pulled out of the towels.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Just tried this today and it works remarkably well for this purpose.

Few well respected pros in the UK use a MF saturated in onr to remove the actual polish from the surface, supposedly excellent on soft sensitive paint likely to enduce marring when removing spent polish and clear with short pile cloth. I tested the same principle today, only using PR in place of ONR, with a very oily compound broken down so easily then the residual mopped up very easily with a dry MF. Surface felt and even under lights looked like it`d just been panel wiped.

I did do a final wipe with my normal panel wipe before coating but genuinely the surface felt or looked no cleaner. I normally panel wipe immediately after polishing a larger section and at the end, instead this method (as well feeling safer for sensitive paints) produced similar results at far lower cost.

I don`t know why I was surprised by the light work it made of polishing oils, having seen how it stripped igl from my wife`s roof a few weeks back.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    I can only imagine how strong fenylabs actual panel wipe is. So strong seeps through the car body and cleans your dash
    Likes Coatings=crack, Britsdaddy liked this post

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information