Post Thanks / Like

WAX SHOP shine that blinds SPRAY WAX.

Got a chance to use this towards the end of my vacation. Truck was in the garage, currently wearing their deep reflections wax. Grabbed a MF and the spray wax. Light cherry scent. Not watery. Has some substance. Spread out evenly and buffed off without streaks or smears. Sprayer and bottle were fine. 16oz. This does not haze. It is ready to spray and wipe. Look and end results were fantastic. There are currently quite a few spray wax`s to pick from today. This one I liked. I did contact them to see if it can be used as a drying aid, but told it`s best used on a dry surface. I still might use it as a drying aid once, just to see the results. I have not run across many spray wax`s or detailers that could not be used as a drying aid.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/wax-...l#.XVFZnvZFxjo
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes SWETM, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WAX SHOP shine that blinds SPRAY WAX.

I`m wondering how this compares to the Usual Suspects like OCW and D156...

Two specific Qs in case anybody knows: is it fresh-paint safe, and what about UV protection?

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator: between OCW and D156, what do you find using more? Or is it more task-specific for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Accumulator: between OCW and D156, what do you find using more? Or is it more task-specific for you?
    Task-specific.

I don`t care for how the D156 (actually, I use the Ultimate Quik Wax, which I get annually from the in-laws ) looks on paint, but I *LOVE* it on exterior plastics, so that and the wheelwells/undercarriage/etc. are all I use it for. I do use it at very single wash.

On paint and for UV Protection on lenses/etc. I use the OCW. Ford tested/approves it for "post-production paintwork" (i.e., fresh repaints that are still curing), which is good enough for me so it`s also what I now use for that (instead of my old-tech Glazes). To my great surprise, I like it so much on Audi silver that it`s become my stand-alone LSP for my wife`s A8 even though I only planned to use it until that most recent paintwork cured.

Both are used primarily as Drying Aids, if only in that I don`t get the vehicle perfectly dry before using them.

Both have proven utterly Accumulator-proof, but note that I always work indoors in a climate-controlled shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Task-specific.

I don`t care for how the D156 looks on paint, but I *LOVE* it on exterior plastics, so that and the wheelwells/undercarriage/etc.
    Do you spray onto the MF and apply, or directly to the exterior plastics?

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

On paint and for UV Protection on lenses/etc. I use the OCW. Ford tested/approves it for "post-production paintwork" (i.e., fresh repaints that are still curing)...
    To my great surprise, I like it so much on Audi silver that it`s become my stand-alone LSP for my wife`s A8 even though I only planned to use it until that most recent paintwork cured.
    I remember you stating that in the past, which is why I recommended OCW to a guy who got his car painted (after I looked it over for a polish job, and told him his clear was gone on most of the horizontal edges). I haven`t used OCW myself in some time. I do recall it being nice to work with, though. Quick and easy application

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Do you spray onto the MF and apply, or directly to the exterior plastics?
    Either way, though I try to keep the D156 off the paint as best I can if I spray it on the plastic (not that it really matters, everything seems 100% compatible). By the time I`m done there`s so my [SprayWax] on the towel(s) that I can use them for the undercarriage/etc. if not doing such areas properly.

..I remember you stating that in the past, which is why I recommended OCW to a guy who got his car painted (after I looked it over for a polish job, and told him his clear was gone on most of the horizontal edges). I haven`t used OCW myself in some time. I do recall it being nice to work with, though. Quick and easy application
    Yeah, good stuff. Had somebody said I`d end up using it as a stand-alone on our most daily of drivers I woulda laughed in his face, but it`s been about four years now and it`s still working fine. No, it sure doesn`t have the etching resistance of FK1000P, but for that car and how we use it, it`s been perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Accumulator.

I have a ton of D156. I guess I`ll start using it that way as well.

OCW, not much of my bottle left.

Thread Information