Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPS Graphene coating

Totally disagree with your opinion of SPS products. Been using them a long time. Coated the wife’s suv about 9 months ago, just zero bucket wash it and no detail spray. Outside 24/7 and still rejects water as good as the day I did it. No water spotting at all. I hear the same thing from clients who went with the graphene on the second go around of coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Totally disagree with your opinion of SPS products. Been using them a long time. Coated the wife’s suv about 9 months ago, just zero bucket wash it and no detail spray. Outside 24/7 and still rejects water as good as the day I did it. No water spotting at all. I hear the same thing from clients who went with the graphene on the second go around of coating.

The other issue is finding a consumer level product to purchase. I couldn`t find one besides the detail sprays.

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend the Adams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As far as a consumer product, extremely easy and inexpensive, I’ve been using the spray coating for our 1 year offering, as we don’t believe in wax or sealant, and find it to be an excellent product

Post Thanks / Like

As far as a consumer product, extremely easy and inexpensive, I’ve been using the spray coating for our 1 year offering, as we don’t believe in wax or sealant, and find it to be an excellent product

So you are recommending the graphene spray detailer and not he graphene coating? I will see if I can find the Adams.

Post Thanks / Like

The graphene spray coating, not the detailer. Amazon has it

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Hawaii, they won`t ship it air. Must be a chemical in it that they won`t ship...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, didn’t realize that. I’d contact Adam’s and see what they say

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiidude View Post
    I live in Hawaii, they won`t ship it air. Must be a chemical in it that they won`t ship...
    Turtle Wax Graphene Spray Coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Thank you. I guess it sounded like it was one coat and done.

I usually do one coat of CSL and 2 (or until I run out) of exo. I will continue to stick with that. This last coating on my truck has lasted really well.
    Are you looking into trying one of these graphene coatings?

You may disagree but I have seen no benefit to these so called graphene infused coatings. SPS seems to spot just as much as a ceramic so for me it has not lived up to the less prone to water spotting claims. As a matter of fact it spotted quicker than any other ceramic coating I have used. It is also not as durable and needs constant care. Much more so than a ceramic because once it starts to degrade it degrades fairly quick. It also marrs easier than some of the ceramics I have used.

One of the nice benefits of it is that it is slick to the touch and also the tighter water beading.

As I mentioned in my long thread it is a placebo effect when someone states it looks better than a silica product. Place it side by side and the look is not that noticeable. Especially on a lighter colored paint. We want it to be better so subconsciously we believe it to be better when in reality it is just another variation of a coating whether it is good or bad.

We often get sucked in and drink the kool aid so to speak when the next buzzword comes along. Not saying you did but saying it as a figure of speech.

I am sure the next version of SPS will be much better as they essentially leveraged off the history of silica.

The other issue is finding a consumer level product to purchase. I couldn`t find one besides the detail sprays.
    Plenty of brands offer a graphene infused coating if that is what you are looking for. I listed all of the consumer ones that I was aware of off the top of my head.

Who won`t ship to Hawaii?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m sorry but I’m not sucked in by the marketing or hype. I find the complete opposite results from what you’ve stated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It is also not as durable and needs constant care. Much more so than a ceramic because once it starts to degrade it degrades fairly quick.
    It didn`t much like being ignored from December thru April here in NE Ohio. Was pretty nice from May thru November though, quite nice, actually but Winter took its toll.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m sorry but I’m not sucked in by the marketing or hype. I find the complete opposite results from what you’ve stated.
    I see you didn`t read it carefully. Where did I say you were sucked in?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It didn`t much like being ignored from December thru April here in NE Ohio. Was pretty nice from May thru November though, quite nice, actually but Winter took its toll.
    Yeah I am already starting to see it degrade on my personal car again after a few months and I have been topping it with the spray detailer about every other wash.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

It seems graphene coatings must have a chemical that cannot be air shipped. So I have not found anyone what will ship to hawaii.

I am totally not buying into the hype but I would like to try and test it out. I`m willing to give it a shot especially if it means it`s easier to apply. My truck goes through a lot and CSL/EXO has been pretty good but can be a lot of work to apply. But maybe I`m just being cry baby.

Post Thanks / Like

If you find Exo and CSL to be a lot of work to apply I suggest you lower your expectations when trialling other coatings because they don`t come much easier.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information