Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SPS Graphene coating

Tested out the new SPS Graphene coating today. Thanks to Dave for sending me a bottle to try out!

Nice packaging/box. The coating itself is a thicker viscosity than some other coatings, and it is also a dark color which is very different.

Applied easily, about 30 second flash time, and the removal was easy as well. I used low nap Gyeon MF towels for removal.

The surface afterwards was very slick. Good ‘pop’ to the grey metallic I was working on. I coated the trim with it as well and it darkened it nicely.

Looking forward to seeing how the durability of this will be and I will updated periodically!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes grungy, ShaneB, Coatings=crack, SWETM, glfnaz and 2 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPS Graphene coating

Thanks for the feedback. Let’s hope this thread doesn’t go awry like Budget’s.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Oneheadlite, Coleroad, Stokdgs, DaveT435 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Let’s hope this thread doesn’t go awry like Budget’s.
    Yeah, that got a bit off course, no?

Have to say, even with the degradation of slickness, it`s still doing very, very well on my black daily driver...thing just always looks relatively clean.

Will be interested to read your thoughts going forward...
    Likes Oneheadlite, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If all three of you could put a couple mills each in a bottle. Ship it to each other and then send in it’s entirety to me that be great!

Just kidding, glad to see more reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I put a coat on the front end of my wife’s truck before a 2600 mile trip to a Hell and back, Hell Michigan that is lol. Budget I’m sure you’ve driven through hundreds of miles of midwest farmland in August which lasted through dusk til dark once each way. Anyone who hasn’t, to say you drive through a lot of bugs is a gross understatement. We did have rain one day when we were up there and drive through a brief shower on the way home. The headlights have a couple bugs each on them, big F-150 headlights, there are bugs on the front end of the truck, but nothing like there normally would be. Unfortunately I forgot to coat the mirrors. This was over 8 days and the truck hasn’t been washed. I don’t expect the coating to be in tact since it was less than 24 hours old when we left on this journey, I’m going to wash it tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how easy the bugs come off and see how the coating fared. I’ll snap a couple pictures of the front end. I know some of you will have a good idea what an untreated, or even a waxed front end looks like after a trip like that.

Scott I’m really interested in seeing how well it holds up to love bugs down there. While I’ve never dealt with Love Bugs I’ve hear they are really hard on any LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Yeah, that got a bit off course, no?

Have to say, even with the degradation of slickness, it`s still doing very, very well on my black daily driver...thing just always looks relatively clean.

Will be interested to read your thoughts going forward...
    Reading your posts you’re definitely putting it to the test!! I’m sure you saw the post on the filling capabilities.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, love bugs will tear your finish up...eat right through most LSP`s, etch your clear and make your life hell. Hate them!

I just did another vehicle with it today. This one was black, wanted to see how the `streaking` was, really didn`t have an issue. Only very minor.

It`s rainy season down here now, so I am very interested in the hydrophobic properties and will update when we get some rain, it has been, thankfully, dry the past couple days. The vehicle for this review stays outside 24/7. I let it cure for approximately 30 hours in the shop.

I`ll update this with additional info when I have it!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Dave, love bugs will tear your finish up...eat right through most LSP`s, etch your clear and make your life hell. Hate them!

I just did another vehicle with it today. This one was black, wanted to see how the `streaking` was, really didn`t have an issue. Only very minor.

It`s rainy season down here now, so I am very interested in the hydrophobic properties and will update when we get some rain, it has been, thankfully, dry the past couple days. The vehicle for this review stays outside 24/7. I let it cure for approximately 30 hours in the shop.

I`ll update this with additional info when I have it!
    Sounds good. It’s definitely hydrophobic!

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a stupid question, but would the dark color of this coating have any effect on the looks of a white car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but would the dark color of this coating have any effect on the looks of a white car?
    Nope. Have it on my silver paint and the paint is still silver.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Rsurfer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Reading your posts you’re definitely putting it to the test!! I’m sure you saw the post on the filling capabilities.
    Yup, this is just an apply and let it ride kinda deal. Foam/wash when necessary...and merely being a bit dusty is not necessary these days. No topping, nothing extra. Sits outside 24/7, 70 mile a day commute through various construction zones...so far, so good.

The filling abilities I glanced at, also saw a mention of possibly a future Essence-like Primer product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Yup, this is just an apply and let it ride kinda deal. Foam/wash when necessary...and merely being a bit dusty is not necessary these days. No topping, nothing extra. Sits outside 24/7, 70 mile a day commute through various construction zones...so far, so good.

The filling abilities I glanced at, also saw a mention of possibly a future Essence-like Primer product?
    Right. I have a sample of the Graphene compound coming. It’s supposed to force Graphene down into the paint. Unfortunately it doesn’t finish out LSP ready. After polishing I think a good portion of the Graphene is removed again. Really looking forward to the primer polish.
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

30 day (on the nose!) update:

I haven`t washed the vehicle in these 30 days. Rainy season down here and it also went through some bands of Dorian. Car was `dirty` but didn`t look horrible. Still felt somewhat slick.

Performed a 2 bucket wash today with Adam`s Shampoo. Cleaned up great and the surface is still so slick it feels like it`s been freshly waxed. Beads like a champion as well.

I am really liking this coating at this point. Another update in 90 days!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes The Guz, BudgetPlan1, Loach, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you’re liking it. I did that Cayman. Of course with a trip to the dealership right after I finished, then the dealership body shop because they scratched the car I have to redo the coating. Do not wash or detail review mirror hanger sitting in the passenger seat they washed it. Of course like most body shops the area they worked on gets “wiped down” by the first rag they can find whether it’s on the floor, a bench, or wherever. Drivers door was all scratched up. And after the wash they put that nasty dealer tire coating on the tires, and the barrels of a couple of the wheels.

On top of that the tint shop that did the PPF obviously set their rags/towels with whatever solvent they used on the hood for a while. Then the PPF job was the worst hack job I’ve ever seen. I’ll post so pics if I get a chance. She brought the car back to me and asked me to get everything taken care of for her. She said she had to walk out of the tint shop, she was ready to snap.

I feel bad for her. I don’t know if I even want to tell her I’m recoating the car because she’ll want to pay me. Granted the stuff isn’t my fault but I’m not in this for the money. Everything that’s going on with this car she deserves a break. Once this one gets squared away I’ll finally get to do her Macan.

I really like that coating more all the time. I need some time to get our vehicles done. I did the front end of my wife’s truck befowe went to Michigan. I definitely see what Budget means about not looking dirty. I think the fact that it’s so much less susceptible to water spots makes a big difference. Bring on the Love Bugs.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

5 month update!

https://photos.smugmug.com/SPS-Graph.../Video-640.mp4

Vehicle has only had 1 or 2 maintenance washes since. Been sitting outside at the Ford dealership waiting for warranty work/parts to arrive for the past few months.

This coating is bad #ss!!!! It still feels super slick. Surface is contaminated a little and I`d love to clay it, but i want to see what this does in the long haul untouched--just washes, no toppers/etc.

Water behavior is crazy. Excellent beading, sheeting is phenomenal, and the surface practically dries itself.

Again...I am digging this...a lot!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Likes SWETM, BudgetPlan1, DaveT435, Loach, DBAILEY and 3 others liked this post
    Thanks Tc99m, Oneheadlite, SWETM, DaveT435, Coatings=crack and 1 others thanked for this post

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information