Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPS Graphene Coating

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Now that`s how you do a write up!

Really interesting to follow this SPS coating and it`s performance. And that you rate it so high until now is awesome. With your huge amount of testing coatings that`s says something in my book. Also like that you let it ride on it`s own. Think that`s getting many some lesser results in the beginning of the coating life actually. When it`s performance starts to degrade and there is a benefit to top it up it`s makes more sense to me. And if a coating needs a little help when applyied and the first week to handle water spots is also a use of the specific topper product. Otherwise the coating would be what is the top performer until it`s not LOL.

Thanks for shareing your experience with this coating! Hope it has the longevity from it as it`s performance has now.

/ Tony
    Letting it ride all by itself is nearly troubling for me...just kinda stand there after washing thinking I should be doing something else

I`ve been kinda `down` on this car as far as enthusiasm for it goes as it`s taken such a beating in the last 2 years/40k miles...Honda paint must be prone to chips from road debris. Seeing how this product has performed initially has actually renewed my enthusiasm for this vehicle to a degree, simply because it has done so well and consistently looks good with minimal effort...very minimal effort. There is definitely something in that little bottle of brown liquid that is doing the good stuff, especially given that I see this car from the drivers seat each and every day. Interesting for sure.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The company behind the SPS Graphene Coating does not respond to repeated attempts to contact them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    The company behind the SPS Graphene Coating does not respond to repeated attempts to contact them.
    Autopia user DaveT435 was my conduit to SPS, he suggested folks contact him regarding the product.

Likes DBAILEY liked this post
    Thanks DaveT435 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Their website offers nothing other than sending your info... No way to actually order product

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Their website offers nothing other than sending your info... No way to actually order product
    They are sort of vetting who becomes an installer.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    The website is under construction. Officially launch date is 8-5. I’m actually a rep for them now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, DBAILEY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    The website is under construction. Officially launch date is 8-5. I’m actually a rep for them now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dave, in hindsight you might be able to now see why I insisted you disclose the relationship you had with the supplier in your posts on the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wristymanchego View Post
    Dave, in hindsight you might be able to now see why I insisted you disclose the relationship you had with the supplier in your posts on the product.
    This is as of 7-16. I was not associated with the company in any way before then!! Just became friends with the owner, he helped me out by selling me professional products, before he formed SPS, I followed him when he started this company. I was just trying to help him out. It’s a great product so when I was offered the position I took it.

Post Thanks / Like

This is as of 7-16. I was not associated with the company in any way before then!! Just became friends with the owner, he helped me out by selling me professional products, before he formed SPS, I followed him when he started this company. I was just trying to help him out. It’s a great product so when I was offered the position I took it.
    Good on you mate. I honestly wish you success.

I just wish you’d disclosed interests more readily from the start.

On 3/3 you created a post that said “SPS Graphene shipping soon”

3/7 you replied in that thread stating that “there will be a couple people on here trying it out”

3/7 subsequent post “...one of the great thing [SIC] about SPS is that I do have the ability to talk directly to the chemist”

3/7 subsequent post “...this coating was a long time in the making and kept under wraps” “Just giving some to a few people to test”

There was definitely an affiliation prior to you getting the job however, I’m not saying any more than simply that.

This post isn’t to discredit you, its in the interest of transparency for other users because the industry is rife with smoke and mirrors and some detailers have pushed hard to test product and encourage honesty by manufacturers.

I’d also encourage BudgetPlan to disclose if any request for a review of the product was made or if the product was sent with the intention of a public review.

Post Thanks / Like

All true facts. I had no clue I would end up associated with this company other than knowing the owner. Don’t you have anything better to do than put threads under a microscope and make people look bad. Everything I’ve said it 100% true. End of conversation. Others have told me it’s pointless to reply to your remarks. I guess I’ll be adding myself to that group.

Post Thanks / Like

All true facts. I had no clue I would end up associated with this company other than knowing the owner. Don’t you have anything better to do than put threads under a microscope and make people look bad. Everything I’ve said it 100% true. End of conversation. Others have told me it’s pointless to reply to your remarks. I guess I’ll be adding myself to that group.
    All in the interest of quality information and transparency, nothing personal whatsoever Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wristymanchego View Post
    I’d also encourage BudgetPlan to disclose if any request for a review of the product was made or if the product was sent with the intention of a public review.
    SPS Graphene Coating I spend a bit of time sending free stuff to other folks, but the reverse is rarity...but it has happened.

The Gloss Shop once sent me V2 of their Ceramic prior to release along with some prototypes of trim and wheel coating cuz I had enjoyed V1 so much. Those were freebies, which I mentioned when I wrote about it.

Aside from that, the cost of everything I`ve talked/wrote about has (unfortunately in some folks eyes) come outta my own pocket...no requests for public reviews.

Don`t have an agenda, don`t profit or even break even from all of this. I just remember how much I enjoyed reading others experiences back when I got into all this in 2015, perhaps someone in the same position now enjoys reading my babble or finds it marginally useful. If they do...great, if they don`t...no harm, no foul.

Heck, we were on a 6 city, 1800 mile road trip last week and I spent a good amount of time this week dropping good reviews of hotels, restaurants and experiences here and there where warranted...dunno why, really...just figr`d maybe it would be useful to someone. For sure others reviews were helpful to me on that trip.

No worries, I get the concerns...understandable.
    Likes RMD, SWETM, Coleroad, The Guz, Oneheadlite and 2 others liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    SPS Graphene Coating I spend a bit of time sending free stuff to other folks, but the reverse is rarity...but it has happened.

The Gloss Shop once sent me V2 of their Ceramic prior to release along with some prototypes of trim and wheel coating cuz I had enjoyed V1 so much. Those were freebies, which I mentioned when I wrote about it.

Aside from that, the cost of everything I`ve talked/wrote about has (unfortunately in some folks eyes) come outta my own pocket...no requests for public reviews.

Don`t have an agenda, don`t profit or even break even from all of this. I just remember how much I enjoyed reading others experiences back when I got into all this in 2015, perhaps someone in the same position now enjoys reading my babble or finds it marginally useful. If they do...great, if they don`t...no harm, no foul.

Heck, we were on a 6 city, 1800 mile road trip last week and I spent a good amount of time this week dropping good reviews of hotels, restaurants and experiences here and there where warranted...dunno why, really...just figr`d maybe it would be useful to someone. For sure others reviews were helpful to me on that trip.

No worries, I get the concerns...understandable.
    Credit to you, and a credit to the community, mate.

Some may know the history of your reviews, others don’t. Either way, disclosing how you obtained the product goes a long way to maintaining your qualitative, objective view and increases encouragement of others to do the same.

We’re all tired of being marketed to and come to forums such as these to discuss product and its uses outside the manufacturers desires.

Shilling allows manufacturers, marketers and sales people the ability to sell product in a non traditional method in places such as these. To reduce it is to increase quality and honesty of information.

Post Thanks / Like

DaveT435, as you probably already know. If you’re are associated with any distributor/reseller of detailing products where you or the company are making profits from products that you are reviewing it is not allowed on Autopia Forums. This becomes a form of free advertising and will not be permitted without your products being sold by PBMG. You may of course contact Liz regarding this issue and what is required to be come a PBMG supplier. Any future posts of yours regarding this company’s products will be removed. Any future threads regarding your review of these products will be closed. I mean no offense with this post, Autopia’s rules are very clear on this issue.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    DaveT435, as you probably already know. If you’re are associated with any distributor/reseller of detailing products where you or the company are making profits from products that you are reviewing it is not allowed on Autopia Forums. This becomes a form of free advertising and will not be permitted without your products being sold by PBMG. You may of course contact Liz regarding this issue and what is required to be come a PBMG supplier. Any future posts of yours regarding this company’s products will be removed. Any future threads regarding your review of these products will be closed. I mean no offense with this post, Autopia’s rules are very clear on this issue.

I apologize, I was clearly in the wrong. It won’t happen again.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, The Guz, Oneheadlite, SWETM liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information