Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPS Graphene Coating

Seems like this thread got blown out of proportion. None of Dave`s posts come off as pushing this product for reviews and sales to garnish a profit for himself or the company. Average Autopian`s can not even get our hands on the product. Not to mention that the posts that wristy copied and pasted makes it pretty transparent as to the relationship Dave has had with this company prior to becoming a rep. Seems like wristy was looking for something that is not there. This reminds me of the relationships I have established over the years with Avi of CarPro, Meghan of Autogeek, Nick Rutter of McKee`s 37 and the list goes on.

Shilling reminds me of Ron. I miss Ron on here.

Perhaps this thread should be locked as it has derailed off topic which is a shame.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

SPS Graphene Coating

“SPs graphene shipping soon”is definetly sales speak. I can get where wristy would think his trying to “schill”his products. Here’s the thing though. Its not a product that a majority of Autopians can buy.

Doesn’t make sense to promote here to a bunch of people who can’t buy it. Don’t know Dave’s intention but seems harmless. I do however have read dozens upon dozens of posts from Budget and Guz that are posted for the benefits of readers with no benefits to them. They were just offered a product and gave a review. Were you guys paid doubt it. Shoot both of them have given away products (generous guys) to help community out

I have seen nothing but wanting to do the community a favor from budget. Did you question any of his other reviews wristy. He seems to really like that kamikaze stuff bough no accusation for being a double agent for esoteric? The Guz is a Car pros man.... so is he on her hustling for car pros? I think their just genuine good guys who like what they like. Guz got me to keep my cquk 3.0 and glad he did amazing stuff.

Sometimes people get interested in stuff and post, sometimes their trying to drum up business. If Budget is good with the dude and Guz is good with the Dude..... I’ll accept that as a character reference.

Dave.... congrats on the job I hope SPS blows up with you on board. Interesting product to be sure.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    ...perhaps someone in the same position now enjoys reading my babble or finds it marginally useful. If they do...great, if they don`t..

Heck, we were on a 6 city, 1800 mile road trip last week and I spent a good amount of time this week dropping good reviews of hotels, restaurants and experiences here and there where warranted...dunno why, really...just figr`d maybe it would be useful to someone. For sure others reviews were helpful to me on that trip.

No worries, I get the concerns...understandable.
    I certainly do enjoy reading your posts!

Same here. 7 day road trip to New Mexico and my wife and I relied on reviews. I did a couple myself, but should have done more!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Shilling reminds me of Ron. I miss Ron on here.
    I miss Ron as well. Sometimes I run into an old post of his and can`t help but to smile.

Back on topic!

This stuff seems pretty good. Thanks Budget for the [as always] great and thorough review.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey budget or Guz, In the sake of posterity, why don’t you guys top a panel or two?

Most who coat their car will usually top it, be nice to see how new coating material reacts. Budget maybe OC and Cosmic. Guz maybe Reload and another popular one (BM or SNS) if you have it.

Would be good to know as how the interact. Just a thought.

Thanks if you do or don’t.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Hey budget or Guz, In the sake of posterity, why don’t you guys top a panel or two?

Most who coat their car will usually top it, be nice to see how new coating material reacts. Budget maybe OC and Cosmic. Guz maybe Reload and another popular one (BM or SNS) if you have it.

As for myself, I`m just gonna have to continue to let this one ride `naked`. Have to say it`s quite nice to just `wash and go` and not even that carefully. A bird targeted it square on the trunk Monday afternoon and I`m gonna let that bird bomb bake in the sun for a few days and see how easily it comes off and if it leaves a mark. The hydrophobics and self-cleaning of this product are, so far, nearly equal to bare Kamikaze stuff so I`m curious to see if it holds that way unmolested/un-enhanced.

Gonna use the other half of the SPS on a friends gray metallic truck in a week or 2 (motivation is not all that great right now) so maybe hit a fender or 2 w a topper and see how it compares. The SPS is so overtly reflective, not even sure something like PA High Gloss would bring much to the table, appearance-wise.
    Likes Coatings=crack, bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

I’m not a topper guy so I’m not going to bother with topping it either. Plus I prefer the coatings natural aspects over the toppers influence which allows me gauge the coatings true performance. The only thing it sees is Shine Supply Throttle which leaves no protection.

It has lost some of its slickness in roughly the same amount of time as Budget has noticed. But the beading is pretty impressive as is the self cleaning effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any updates on this product? Is it worth the extra money compared to CQUK with a topper?
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Is there any updates on this product? Is it worth the extra money compared to CQUK with a topper?
    Every time I`d do something meaningful to the SPS car, I add it to bottom of this page:

budgetplan1.wordpress.com/sps-graphene-coating

Post Thanks / Like

Budget, I have read your article more than just a few times and always an enjoyable read
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Forensic detail just did a excellent vid on graphine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Budget won`t mind but you can follow this thread as well

2020 Ceramic Coating 1 Year Test
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information