Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I agree, I`ve been tempted by Cancoat, but what I really wanted was something like CMX. Just something I can smear on top of anything else. If I need a squeaky clean base, I might as well apply a full coating.
    I feel the same way. I had hoped CMX would work as Mothers described, but I imagine the problem with CMX was the product hardening in the bottle. I just can’t see me going through the whole process of detailing a vehicle for a 6+ month coating when for about the same amount of money (and prep) I can get a 2 year+ coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by annoyingmouse View Post
    I don`t really see the point of lite coatings. Every coating I`ve ever done(opticoat 2, gloss coat, infinite forcefield, cquartz), the bulk of the effort was in the prep, the the coating application was the easy part. I`m really curious to see people`s perspective on a product like this or cancoat.
    These lite coatings are not the market for you based on what you wrote. I do mention a couple reasons why in my write up. Not everyone is ready to step up to a full coating or go through the rigorous prep to consider using one. Lets not forget those that pay to have someone do it but do not want to fork over the big money for full a correction and coating. In some cases some like to polish every season and start with a fresh base so they see no reason to have something long term.

CanCoat outperformed Gloss Coat for me and I suspect cquartz lite will do the same. As a matter of fact, now this is strictly my experience and my opinion but CanCoat is Gyeon`s best consumer coating. Syncro was a dud for me and CanCoat outperformed it as well. CQ Lite will probably get to the performance level of UK and TiO2.

Give one a try and see how you like it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t really see the point of lite coatings. Every coating I`ve ever done(opticoat 2, gloss coat, infinite forcefield, cquartz), the bulk of the effort was in the prep, the the coating application was the easy part. I`m really curious to see people`s perspective on a product like this or cancoat.
    First time I used CanCoat I thought "I sure wish they had this back in 2004 when I was mucking about with Zaino, NXT and the like". Regardless of prep (besides a wipe down with Prep-All) I`ve slathered this stuff on some cars and everyone I did it for was happy as a pig in `slop` for the next 4 months at a minimum. I see CanCoat being extremely useful in a number of situations:

1. If I`m extremely OCD about a car and weep at the slightest scratch that life brings your way, I`d be inclined to skip a full-on coating so that every time someone bangs a purse against my soft, black paint I can polish the scratch out and recoat the affected area with CanCoat in about 20-30 minutes. Benefits of ceramics without the investment in time, product or convenience.

2. If someone is not extremely OCD about their car but wants some ease of maintenance, I can chemically decon, wash, wipe and apply CanCoat with about 1hr total investment and they`re happy as can be. They can`t see or don`t care about light swirls or such, they just want a shiny car with some candy-gloss and more self-cleaning/hydrophobic action than they can get from a spray wax or sealant. I`ve done this a few times with neighbors who stop by and jokingly say "Are ya gonna do my car next?" Once done, don`t hear from them again for 3-4 months and when I do, wash and slap another layer of CanCoat on there and I`m free of bother for another few months. I don`t worry about polishing or getting their paint perfect because, frankly they don`t care about that.

3. People who wanna try a coating to see if it`s for them without the big commitment in time or $$. "Think you might wanna try the `coating lifestyle`?" We can set ya up in under an hour.

It`s an incredibly useful product for me, I actually think if it more like a spray wax on steroids as opposed to a `coating lite` product. Always have a can on the shelf. I don`t agonize much over application, just spray into a Gyeon PolishWipe towel or similar and "Wax on, Wax Off" in about 10 minutes. ANd if I have a coating I applied that isn`t as visually entertaining as I`d like, hit it with CanCoat and give it a new lease on life (I`m talking to you Mr. Crystal Serum Lite)

It`s never done me wrong yet...as long as your expectations and needs align with it`s strengths (easy, relatively inexpensive, extremely effective).
    Likes Drblatz, The Guz, glfnaz, SWETM, Myriad and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    First time I used CanCoat I thought "I sure wish they had this back in 2004 when I was mucking about with Zaino, NXT and the like". Regardless of prep (besides a wipe down with Prep-All) I`ve slathered this stuff on some cars and everyone I did it for was happy as a pig in `slop` for the next 4 months at a minimum. I see CanCoat being extremely useful in a number of situations:

1. If I`m extremely OCD about a car and weep at the slightest scratch that life brings your way, I`d be inclined to skip a full-on coating so that every time someone bangs a purse against my soft, black paint I can polish the scratch out and recoat the affected area with CanCoat in about 20-30 minutes. Benefits of ceramics without the investment in time, product or convenience.

2. If someone is not extremely OCD about their car but wants some ease of maintenance, I can chemically decon, wash, wipe and apply CanCoat with about 1hr total investment and they`re happy as can be. They can`t see or don`t care about light swirls or such, they just want a shiny car with some candy-gloss and more self-cleaning/hydrophobic action than they can get from a spray wax or sealant. I`ve done this a few times with neighbors who stop by and jokingly say "Are ya gonna do my car next?" Once done, don`t hear from them again for 3-4 months and when I do, wash and slap another layer of CanCoat on there and I`m free of bother for another few months. I don`t worry about polishing or getting their paint perfect because, frankly they don`t care about that.

3. People who wanna try a coating to see if it`s for them without the big commitment in time or $$. "Think you might wanna try the `coating lifestyle`?" We can set ya up in under an hour.

It`s an incredibly useful product for me, I actually think if it more like a spray wax on steroids as opposed to a `coating lite` product. Always have a can on the shelf. I don`t agonize much over application, just spray into a Gyeon PolishWipe towel or similar and "Wax on, Wax Off" in about 10 minutes. ANd if I have a coating I applied that isn`t as visually entertaining as I`d like, hit it with CanCoat and give it a new lease on life (I`m talking to you Mr. Crystal Serum Lite)

It`s never done me wrong yet...as long as your expectations and needs align with it`s strengths (easy, relatively inexpensive, extremely effective).
    Curious, BudgetPlan, would Polish Angel Master Sealant/Rapid Waxx fit into slot #1 as well? And if so, which would you be include to go with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drblatz View Post
    Curious, BudgetPlan, would Polish Angel Master Sealant/Rapid Waxx fit into slot #1 as well? And if so, which would you be include to go with?
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It might but unfortunately I wasn`t able to watch that combo for long enough to know if the characteristics I look for in an LSP would `go the distance` compared to CanCoat, those being resistance to environmental incidents (bird bombs) and self cleaning. From what I saw initially with the combo, the water behavior was very, very nice and the tactile feel of the paint was much more pleasing than CanCoat but don`t know if it has the toughness that CanCoat does. The PA Combo also maintains the Polish Angel `look` that some might find more pleasing than the candy-gloss of CanCoat.

As for application, I can apply CanCoat much quicker than the PA combo as well and if I`m trying to get folks outta my garage, I know CanCoat will make them happy (enough) for a lengthy period of time. So, for me, CanCoat is quicker, easier and I believe `tougher`. YMMV
    Likes Drblatz liked this post
    Thanks Drblatz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You try moonlight yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    You try moonlight yet?

Nope...still sitting on shelf unopened.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I mean again?

Post Thanks / Like

Update time. It has been 3 months since applying CQ Lite and CanCoat on my daily driver. No toppers have been used. Again this car sits outside 24/7 and is exposed to the Southern California sun. At 3 months both products are performing well. CQ Lite has tighter beading but other than that they are on par thus far. Next update will be at the 7 month mark.

Likes Loach, BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mr GUZ. Any chance you can update at about 5 months too? This one has my attention.
    Me in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Update time. It has been 3 months since applying CQ Lite and CanCoat on my daily driver. No toppers have been used. Again this car sits outside 24/7 and is exposed to the Southern California sun. At 3 months both products are performing well. CQ Lite has tighter beading but other than that they are on par thus far. Next update will be at the 7 month mark.

Post Thanks / Like

CanCoat has been finicky for me. Maybe it`s the super ultra dry humidity and high temps in AZ I don`t know. I changed my technique a bit after GUZ gave me a few tips, and things improved but I still don`t have it dialed in. If I was to change your post and insert IGL Premier into the text, than that`s what I`d type--so far. And if I want to improve the beading characteristics a bit, I can slap some BF SIO2 or 22PBL Final Coat on it once a month. IGL Premier is a 20 minute deal for me. Hey, find something you like, and if its easy, use it very often.

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For me, it`s something my customers would go for a lot easier than a regular coating. A lot of the people around here with nice cars balk at the idea of a $300-400 coating, even if it lasts 3-5 years. CQ Lite bridges the price gap a lot. Honestly though, I`d still have a tough time up-selling this even at $200. But this would be a much better option for me try and push. I`m looking into QP-ON 2.0. Which lasts up to a year and in the 500ml bottle (1:20 dilution) you could do a ton of cars, so you could realistically offer what performs on par with a basic 12 month coating, but at a price point even cheap skates might bite on. I wished I lived somewhere with a higher concentration of people who wanted and would pay to get a proper detail. But, out here a "full detail" if you ask people is a wash+vacuum+wax, and it better cost $50 or less lol. Can Coat`s another option I`m looking into, but QP-ON 2.0 seems unbeatable from a price and performance combo.

With that said, I`ll still offer a couple full coatings and toppers to people out here. Every once in awhile I find someone who understands and appreciates caring for their car.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, Guz.

In your original post you stated this in regards to the CQuartz Lite:

When it comes to gloss it is a wash as they both look similar

Did you mean the Lite and CQuartz UK looked the same, or the Lite and CanCoat looked the same?

While I really like CQuartz UK for its durability and water behavior, I`m only luke warm when it comes to appearance. However, I like the look of CanCoat much better. To my eyes it offers deeper, candy-coat look compared to the more subdued glossy look of UK.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks for the update, Guz.

In your original post you stated this in regards to the CQuartz Lite:

Did you mean the Lite and CQuartz UK looked the same, or the Lite and CanCoat looked the same?

While I really like CQuartz UK for its durability and water behavior, I`m only luke warm when it comes to appearance. However, I like the look of CanCoat much better. To my eyes it offers deeper, candy-coat look compared to the more subdued glossy look of UK. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Side by side comparing Lite against CanCoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see it holds up to CanCoat or even a notch ahead. This will also be interesting to see when it comes to the 7 months. If they are able to maintain this great water behavior from them. If you only have 1 or 2 vehicals you get very much of product left from these coating lite range of products. With only 1 vehical it`s almost more worth it to go full blown ceramic coating. Is there any notice of the shelf life of Carpro lite?

Looking great your car and thanks for the update Guz!

/ Tony
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information