Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Viking blue foam applicator?

Long time no talk to any of you. Every time someone would tell me how nice my truck looked a little voice in the back of my head would say "yeah but it`s all show and no go!" So my last couple of years have been spent putting time labor and most of all $$$$$$$$$$ into performance mods. Now the truck has a Magnuson supercharger, Dart heads, Comp Cam, Detroit Tru Track locker with 4.56 gears, Alky Control Methonal injection system, etc.

But back to my reason for being here today........

I`ve been using the Viking blue and or black foam applicators for several years but today when I needed a new one I went to Advance, and then O`Riellys and then Auto Zone, and I couldn`t find one. Now I also can`t find one on line.

Anybody know what`s up with this? Where can I get a few?

Help will be appreciated. Thanks, Jim
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Viking blue foam applicator?

Last time I was in Auto Zone in the US I can`t remember seeing them either but I wasn`t looking for them. You can get them online here http://www.autopia-carcare.com/vk-101.html

Post Thanks / Like

If you`re talking about the Handi-Grip applicators, I think I heard they were being discontinued.

Post Thanks / Like

I like those door knob applicators my self...easy to hold...I bought 4 when autozone was blowing them iut at .75 each..got the last 4...my dog ate 2 of them..lol..so needed a few more...I get cramps in my hand using the yellow foam type and plus they fly off at times....so I decided to get 10..looked around and seen they were 2.99 easch..so I decided to get the polish pal instead from AG with the sale going on...get 6 pads with it also...and I have about 15 4" pads and they fit fine....

So for 22.00 the polish pal is a bargain...and alot more comfortable then the door knobs.....just hope my dog does not find out I have this..lol...

jump on while they are on sale....

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimS
    Long time no talk to any of you. Every time someone would tell me how nice my truck looked a little voice in the back of my head would say "yeah but it`s all show and no go!" So my last couple of years have been spent putting time labor and most of all $$$$$$$$$$ into performance mods. Now the truck has a Magnuson supercharger, Dart heads, Comp Cam, Detroit Tru Track locker with 4.56 gears, Alky Control Methonal injection system, etc.

WTH......no pics!?!?!?!///LMAO
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    If you`re talking about the Handi-Grip applicators, I think I heard they were being discontinued.
    http://www.autopia-carcare.com/vk-101.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    This is what I was referring to: http://www.detailersclub.com/forums/...2&postcount=21

It would appear that Autopia has a special arrangement (or possibly left over stock).

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I was referring to: http://www.detailersclub.com/forums/...2&postcount=21

It would appear that Autopia has a special arrangement (or possibly left over stock).
    The link to detailers club requires joining to access the post so I don`t know what it said, but the Sure Grip Applicator Pad is still shown under 2006 Products on the Viking home page.

http://www.vikingcarcare.com/vikingc...applctrs.aspx#

Since I have 6 of them and about 30 of the smaller yellow Meg`s applicators, I haven`t paid any attention to applicator pads in the stores. The Auto Zone in my area had them about 3 months ago, but I haven`t noticed since then.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

This is what it says:

missing were my favorite applicators (the blue/grey “doorknobâ€).
    Originally Posted by VIKING
    Now this is a good product that is going to die

AutoZone cut the item due to poor sales...I can only guess the poor sales are due to "Average Joe" thinking it is a glorified foam app and why should he pay $1.99 for it when he can get 4 cotton terry apps for that same price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AL-53
    I like those door knob applicators my self...easy to hold...I bought 4 when autozone was blowing them iut at .75 each..got the last 4...my dog ate 2 of them..lol..so needed a few more...I get cramps in my hand using the yellow foam type and plus they fly off at times....so I decided to get 10..looked around and seen they were 2.99 easch..so I decided to get the polish pal instead from AG with the sale going on...get 6 pads with it also...and I have about 15 4" pads and they fit fine....

So for 22.00 the polish pal is a bargain...and alot more comfortable then the door knobs.....just hope my dog does not find out I have this..lol...

jump on while they are on sale....

Al
    I saw that item while looking for the Viking and I think I`ll just follow your example and buy that puppy.

Thanks others for your help.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by VIKING
    Now this is a good product that is going to die

AutoZone cut the item due to poor sales...I can only guess the poor sales are due to "Average Joe" thinking it is a glorified foam app and why should he pay $1.99 for it when he can get 4 cotton terry apps for that same price.
    So, is this "VIKING" afilliated with Viking Car Care Products?
    If he is, do you feel his statememt, "Now this is a good product that is going to die", is fact? It would seem a Viking rep would know their plans for the product.
    It`s unfortunate if the product is discontinued, but poor sales can certainly cause that to happen.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    So, is this "VIKING" afilliated with Viking Car Care Products?
    Yes, "VIKING" is Jeff, a Brand/Product Manager for Viking Car Care.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, "VIKING" is Jeff, a Brand/Product Manager for Viking Car Care.
    Unfortunately, the demise of the "Doorknob" applicator would seem to be a fact.
    Too bad as it was definitely a handy product.

As an aside, is a couple of bucks really that big of an issue to people?
    Maybe people just weren`t aware of it`s existence. I don`t remember ever reading much about them and just happened to find them at Auto Zone a few years back. A little promotion might have been worthwhile.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Unfortunately, the demise of the "Doorknob" applicator would seem to be a fact.
    Too bad as it was definitely a handy product.

As an aside, is a couple of bucks really that big of an issue to people?
    Maybe people just weren`t aware of it`s existence. I don`t remember ever reading much about them and just happened to find them at Auto Zone a few years back. A little promotion might have been worthwhile.

Charles
    It`s funny that one product that becomes discontinued in the US is just becoming available here in Canada. We can get them in two versions at Zellers (similar to Target or K Mart). One with the foam bottom and one with a terry bottom. The foam bottom one is identical to my Viking one.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    It`s funny that one product that becomes discontinued in the US is just becoming available here in Canada. We can get them in two versions at Zellers (similar to Target or K Mart). One with the foam bottom and one with a terry bottom. The foam bottom one is identical to my Viking one.
    Are they being sold under the Viking brand label?
    It`s unlikely that Viking actually manufactured them.

Charles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information