Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adams Polishes Any Good?

I’ve spent thousands and thousands of dollars on Adams products over the years. Once I opened my eyes I realized there are much better products out there for far less money, there was no going back. I’ve given away just about every Adams product that I had since then. They are truly a company catered to enthusiast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes MattPersman, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wade_660 View Post
    I’ve spent thousands and thousands of dollars on Adams products over the years. Once I opened my eyes I realized there are much better products out there for far less money, there was no going back. I’ve given away just about every Adams product that I had since then. They are truly a company catered to enthusiast.

I agree with this. I have been using Adam`s products for almost 11 years now. Now that I polish 1-2 cars a month, the heavy correcting compound is not cutting it any more. I think I am getting ready to try sonax out. I do feel as his polishes are expensive for what you get. I really like his interior cleaner products and detail spray, so I will still be using some of the Adam`s line, just time for a new polish.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wade_660 View Post

Some of their stuff is oddly cheap compared to the competition. I get their Iron Remover for $40 a gallon on sale, which is dirt cheap compared to just about everything else out there. I uses Sonax Fallout before, which was $109 for 5 liters. And somehow Adam`s tamed the smell to where it`s breathable. Not great but so much better than anything else I`ve used. If it doesn`t work as well as Iron X or Fallout, I can`t tell. I know it`s less than half the price though. And then, the next product will be way overpriced, their pricing makes no sense to me. It`s really like they have different divisions for each product, and they don`t bounce anything off one another and just randomly make prices up. I love just about all of their interior stuff, and it`s not expensive imho. You gotta pick and choose with them. Their new Ceramic kit looks pretty promising. 50ml bottle, bottle of surface prep, bottle of ceramic boost, 2 single soft towels, 2 suede removal towels, gloves and 2 suede applicators. $106 shipped on Amazon, not bad at all. I`ve never touched their actual polishes, but the feedback I see has never wow`ed me. And their polishes are E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E. $75 for a 1 liter bottle? JESUS.

Of course I have a lot of Polish Angel stuff, which is the most expensive enthusiast brand out there, so my opinion on pricing is kind of shot lol. And even if they`re pricey I <3 their single soft towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quebert, I have done a few cars with their Ceramic coating and have had good results. I started using Cquartz recently and have had good results with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I buy a few things here and their from Adam’s. Got a Halloween sidekick the other day for less than $60. Didn’t know I needed one but that’s half the price of the big boi I was looking at.

As for their polish I used the orange and best I can compare it to is Griots CC. It dusted way more and felt it correct less with the griots finishing just as nice. It’s ritired to friends cars

Likes razz2o4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by razz2o4 View Post
    Quebert, I have done a few cars with their Ceramic coating and have had good results. I started using Cquartz recently and have had good results with it.

Yeah, I spoke with a few people who`ve used their coating and spoke highly of it. I like what`s included in the kit for the price. It shockingly becomes one of their cheaper offerings when compared to the competition. But who knows, their next ceramic product might be almost twice as expensive as the others out there lol.

And while it doesn`t make a difference, I do like their limited and seasonal scents. One thing they do well is make their stuff smell nice, and to put out scents that tie in with holidays is a pretty nice little touch. I know a lot of detailers could care less about how something smells. But it makes the process more enjoyable to me *shrug*

Post Thanks / Like

I think their polishes are a solid "meh". On the other hand, their wheel and tire products are excellent, their interior products are excellent-- including the leather conditioner (if you like your leather to have that "new pair of boots" smell), and their ceramic spray is a great way to get a temporary ceramic coating (so you can polish out defects yearly). I think their waterless wash is the best you can find, if you`re into that sort of thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I think their polishes are a solid "meh". On the other hand, their wheel and tire products are excellent, their interior products are excellent-- including the leather conditioner (if you like your leather to have that "new pair of boots" smell), and their ceramic spray is a great way to get a temporary ceramic coating (so you can polish out defects yearly). I think their waterless wash is the best you can find, if you`re into that sort of thing.
    I am with you bofh. I have been using their stuff for over 10 years, and was a great place to start with a limited selection and color coded polishes/pads. They were a better detailing company when Dylan was there (both times). Now they seem to be a `marketing company`, with all the special stuff and collaborations.
    I use their cleaning products (rinseless wash, wheel/tire, and interior) as they are good for the price by the gallon. I think the last time I used a polish was for beta testing - I reach for Scholls, Menzerna, or Rupes now.
    They have updated their line of ceramics, but I don`t know much about them, as I cannot get to their update store from my work computer. They seem to be doing well without my $ (they just opened a brick-and-mortar location back in So Cal), so I will spend it locally with Corey at Sky`s the Limit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information