Post Thanks / Like

Shine Supply Decked Out Tire Dressing Review

This is the last product review of my spring break. Enjoy!

Background:
    The car is my 2011 328i. I am only home in San Diego about 2 months out of the year now, but the car still gets driven when I am gone. The tires were cleaned and scrubbed using Shine Supply Wise Guy Tire Cleaner and dried before applying Decked Out. Below is a picture of the clean and dry tire:

Product/ Packaging/ Price:
    Shine Supply Decked Out is a dilutable, water-based tire dressing. You can dilute it 1:1 for a high gloss finish, 2:1 for a satin finish, and 3:1 for a low gloss finish. I mainly use 2:1 on tires and I use 3:1 on engine bays/ wheel wells. I use 1:1 when the customer requests higher shine tires. It comes packaged in a nice bottle with a waterproof label that is easy to read. The price is $24 for a 16oz that includes a spray bottle, or $58 for the gallon. This may seem expensive, but I have had this gallon for a while and still have about half left. A little bit goes a long way with this product. Decked Out has a very nice Banana Laffy Taffy scent.

Application:

For this review, I used Decked Out at the 2:1 diluton. I will attach a picture at the end for the 1:1 and 3:1 dilutions. I applied this product two ways for the review. The first way, I sprayed the product liberally on the tire and allowed it to soak for about ten minutes. I then worked the product in with an tire applicator sponge. I like to use this method on neglected tires, as it allows the product to really soak into the rubber. This method also leaves a higher shine.

After working it in with the tire sponge:

I then leveled the excess with a microfiber towel:

As you can see, the product leaves a nice conditioned finish, without being greasy or overbearing.

For the second application method, I just sprayed the tire sponge with a few sprays of product and worked it into the tire. This is my normal application method.

With this method, there is no need to level the excess with a microfiber towel. It leaves a great finish:

I then let the tire dry for about five minutes, and here are the final results:

Results/ Durability:
    As you can see, Decked Out at 2:1 dilution leaves a perfect satin finish. I like my tires to look conditioned, but not be greasy or glossy. I really enjoy using this product. Since this product is water based, it does not last that well after driving through the rain. However, in dry weather, the tire dressing lasts about 2 weeks. At the end of the 2 weeks the tire doesn`t look dry in any way, but it is not a crisp as when freshly applied. This tire dressing is also very easy to clean off the tire, so it won`t take rounds and rounds of scrubbing to remove it, which I like. I`ve found this product to be much more durable for me compared to other dilutable tire dressings, such as Megs Hyper Dressing.

Final Recommendation:
    Overall, I love using Decked Out. It is my most used tire dressings on my cars and my customers cars. For some of my higher end paint correction and coating jobs I tend to use CarPro PERL because it lasts longer than Decked Out. I really like the finish that Decked Out leaves. It may seem expensive, but the gallon will last you a longgg time. A little bit of the product goes a long way. I can dress the tires with 2-3 sprays into the applicator pad per tire. I have never had any issues with sling with this product and the durability is pretty good for a water-based dressing. Overall, I recommend this product to anyone who enjoys a dilutable, multi-purpose dressing. Below are some picture of Decked Out diluted 1:1 on an offroad tire from an Escalade I recently detailed. The dressing is glossier than the 2:1 dilution, but definitely not overly glossy. I have also included a picture of it diluted 3:1 used on a Mercedes S550 engine bay. It leaves a great finish on the engine bay without being glossy. Thanks for viewing!

Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)
    Likes DBAILEY, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shine Supply Decked Out Tire Dressing Review

I don`t know about the tire dressing, but I would kill for that garage floor.
    Likes GearHead_1, m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I don`t know about the tire dressing, but I would kill for that garage floor.
    It`s awesome! Spill anything and it wipes right up, even oil. Makes cleaning up a breeze
    Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)

Post Thanks / Like

Those pavers aren`t bad, either.
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Thread Information