Hello All,
So I cleaned up my Veloster before I came back to San Diego for spring break. So half of my reviews are in SD and half are from Boston before I left. Apologies for the pictures being at night. I have to wash my car at the self-service bay at 10 or 11pm, which is not the best time for pictures lol.

Background:
The car is my 2019 Veloster Turbo R Spec. It has about 2500 miles and I got it in January. The car has lots of swirls and scratches, as well as dealer-installed rotary holograms. I would love to correct it, but living in a dorm room and having no garage makes that impossible for the time being. I washed the car with Ammo Foam and Ammo Boost, and dried it using Shine Supply Wet Detailer for some extra protection. I then layered the Dodo Juice Purple Haze on top of the Wet Detailer.

Product Info/ Scent/ Packaging:
Dodo Juice Purple Haze is a soft wax formulated for dark colored vehicles. It is a mix of #1 grade Brazilian carnauba, dark beeswax, and montan wax. Montan wax is derived from coal and is quite hard to find--it mainly comes from Germany. Montan wax is more durable than carnauba wax and it has a higher melting point so it should last longer in the summer than a traditional carnauba wax. Autopia offers both a 30ml sample size ($12) and 250ml full size ($70). The scent is a nice lavender/ fruity grape smell. It is quite light and not overpowering. The wax comes in a nice solid pot. It is thick plastic and the label is nice. I should mention that pot does not seal very well. My wax arrived with the top layer dried out. This isn`t a huge deal, but it did take some extra swipes with the applicator to get to the actual wax.

Application/ Texture:
The wax is marketed as a "soft" wax. Personally, I expected a much softer wax when I read that online. It seems more like a medium wax. It melts into the applicator easily, but still take quite a bit of swipes to load it up. I would consider Angelwax Enigma a soft wax (one swipe of the applicator loads tons of wax on the pad). I applied this to the paint with a new applicator pad. I used some quick detail spray to soften up the foam first. The wax was honestly quite grabby to apply. It did not spread far at all. I constantly found myself having to go back to the pot and load up more wax. It has a really synthetic/ grabby feel to it, which I did not care for. Even though I had to keep going back to get more wax, it was easy to lay down a thin coat.

The wax hazed on the surface:

Removal:
It was about 45 degrees outside when I applied the wax, so I gave it about 20 minutes to haze before removal. The wax did remove very easily. I didn`t have any issues with removing excess wax in some areas where I applied it a little too thick. It was not smeary or powdery in any way. I used an Eagle Edgeless towel from TRC for removal.

Results:
Dodo Juice Purple haze really helped bring out the depth on my black car. It filled in some of the minor swirls and gave it a fantastic reflection, even though the paint desperately needs a correction. It definitely made the paint pop!

Durability:
I unfortunately do not have any beading/ sheeting pictures or videos, but the wax does produce very tight and uniform beads. The water sheets off pretty nice as well. In the spring and fall months, I`ve seen this wax last 3 months. In the summer/ winter months, it only lasts 1.5 months for me due the sun on the black car and the road salt in winter.

Final Recommendation:

Overall, I like using this wax. The scent is pleasant and not overpowering and the results are stellar. The wax really gives black cars the depth and pop that they deserve. Application is annoying and grabby, but removal is quite effortless and not smeary. The durability is also pretty good for a paste wax. Usually, I only expect about a month for paste waxes and reapply after a month to get the added depth and gloss. I think the price point is also very good for how much wax you get. 8oz is a lot of wax and should last you quite a while. I enjoyed adding the paste wax to my collection, and although it is not my favorite, I can see myself using it much more in the future. Thanks for viewing!