Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Shine Supply Cherry Silica Wax Review--PIC HEAVY

Back with another review. Got lots more coming too hahaha.

Background/ Prep:
    This is my 2011 BMW 328i in Black Sapphire Metallic. It has 75k miles and is my daily driver when I am in San Diego, although I am not here very often anymore. The car was fully corrected and coated by me in June 2017, so the coating has been on there for 1 year and 9 months. I am back home for spring break, so I washed the car with Shine Supply Shift and topped it with Shine Supply Clutch as a coating topper. Today, I did a quick wipedown with Shine Supply Throttle to get any dust off the car since it sat overnight in the garage, and then went on to applying Cherry.

Product Info/ Scent/ Packaging:
    Shine Supply Cherry is a liquid wax that contains almost 30% silica. This wax was designed to be used as stand-alone protection, as well as topping ceramic coated vehicles. The product can also be applied in direct sunlight, so would be a good option for mobile detailers. It is only offered in a 12oz bottle and costs $58. The packaging is a nice plastic bottle with a good dispenser cap. The cap has never clogged and dispenses a good amount of product. The label is very nice, with clear instructions and looks good on the shelf. The product has a light blue color and a really nice bubblegum scent.

As mentioned earlier, I did a quick wipedown with Throttle to remove any light dust before application:

Application:
    You can apply this wax by hand or machine, but I decided to apply the product by hand with a red Buff `n Shine Applicator pad. I gave the pad a few shots of Throttle detail spray to soften the foam and then applied 2 large dots of product to prime the pad. Once the pad is primed, the product spreads very far and easily. You can do an entire door panel with one small dot of product. Even though the bottle is only 12oz, I have done 4 cars already and still have 2/3 of the bottle left. A lot of other silica waxes can be quite grabby during application, however Cherry spreads very far like a traditional carnauba wax.

The wax hazes fairly quickly. By the time you are done applying Cherry to the entire vehicle, it is ready to be removed. The directions do state to only do 2 panels at a time if you are working in direct sunlight.

Removal:

I used a Rag Company Spectrum 420 to remove the wax. The wax removed extremely easily and didn`t leave any form of haze behind. I`ve found that a lot of silica waxes can leave a smeary haze behind which I hate. This removed effortlessly and required no extra rubbing to remove any haze. You could definitely feel the residue of the product in the towel, but it was not powdery or oily in any way.

As you can see, the Scangrip light shows no haze left from the product:

Results:
    The results from Cherry Silica wax are simply stunning. For anyone has coated cars before, you know that most coatings have a "synthetic" look to them. It is very hard to get candy-like gloss from a coated vehicle. This product makes it very easy to get ridiculous gloss and depth from a coated car. I took final pictures of the car in the garage and in the sun you can see the results in different light:

I quickly polished up my M Performance exhaust tips with some Cloud 9 metal polish as well:

Beading/ Sheeting/ Durability:
    This product claims 6 months of durability. From my testing, I have found the product gets around 4 months of durability without any maintenance and around 8 months of durability with proper maintenance. To maintain this wax, I like to wash with Shine Supply Shift soap and then top it with Punch-It. This extends the life of the wax and allows me to easily get 8 months of durability with one coat of cherry. The beading of Cherry is pretty good, but I`ve seen better. However, the sheeting of this wax is incredible. As you can see below, there is hardly any water left on the surface after the water sheets off.

Final Recommendation:

This has been quite a lengthy, so if you have made it this far then kudos to you. Overall, I love using this wax. Application is a breeze and doesn`t require much product since it spreads to far. Removal is extremely easy and doesn`t leave any haze behind, which is rare for silica waxes. The final results and durability are spot-on as well. This wax adds crazy amounts of depth and gloss to your coated vehicle and when maintained correctly gets 6-8 months of protection easily. I love using this wax and have found that it doesn`t clog up the coating in any way. After 6-8 months the wax seems to fade-away and the original hydrophobic properties of the coating are still present. Please let me know what other products you would like to see reviewed or how I can make these reviews better. Thanks for viewing!
    Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)
    Likes rlmccarty2000, 340mopars, SWETM, WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shine Supply Cherry Silica Wax Review--PIC HEAVY

$58 for 12oz?! Holy cow! At that price I`d stick with a 16oz bottle of Essence+ for $40.

On a positive note, the metallic flake in that Black Sapphire is very pretty. I like BMW`s paint finishes the most, out of all the germans and the rest of the world. However, GM is catching up with the durability and hardness.
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t really tried any Shine Supply stuff due to the products being a tad bit pricey, but I have heard nothing but good things about all of their offerings. From the results you got on that bimmer, the cherry silica wax seems like an excellent product.

Any plans on using it as a stand-alone? Also, that`s a beautiful looking neighborhood

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, thanks for posting! And...that flake is popping!!!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of this line till now. Sounds like yet another something to be on the look out for. Thanks for the review.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    $58 for 12oz?! Holy cow! At that price I`d stick with a 16oz bottle of Essence+ for $40.

On a positive note, the metallic flake in that Black Sapphire is very pretty. I like BMW`s paint finishes the most, out of all the germans and the rest of the world. However, GM is catching up with the durability and hardness.
    Gunna be pricey when the formula has almost 40% silica. Most ceramic waxes have around 10%. I also wouldn`t really classify Essence+ as a silica wax. It was designed to "repair" coatings that have been damaged. It`s really just a ceramic glaze for coatings
    Michael Daboll

-1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I haven`t really tried any Shine Supply stuff due to the products being a tad bit pricey, but I have heard nothing but good things about all of their offerings. From the results you got on that bimmer, the cherry silica wax seems like an excellent product.

Any plans on using it as a stand-alone? Also, that`s a beautiful looking neighborhood
    Products are top notch. I`ve used almost every Shine Supply product offered, if not all of them. They are pricey, but they have become my favorites in all the categories I have tried. I have used it as a stand alone plenty before. I have a Mercedes SL550 in for a one step polish right now that I will be topping with Cherry as a stand alone. It is also black metallic paint.
    Michael Daboll

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Never heard of this line till now. Sounds like yet another something to be on the look out for. Thanks for the review.
    Let me know if you have any questions on the products. I`ve used almost every product offered from them!
    Michael Daboll

Post Thanks / Like

Shine supply products are definitely worth checking ou. I have a few, and there are some that are excellent. Product names are non descriptive, which I don’t really understand, but whatever. The tire cleaner, called wise guy, is the best I’ve used. Clutch is a silica topper, and I like it. Soaps and detail spray are good too. I’ve heard good things about their coating prep polish, but I haven’t used it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review and write up and pictures!

The Cherry Silica Wax really made those metallic flakes to pop!

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Great review and write up and pictures!

The Cherry Silica Wax really made those metallic flakes to pop!

/ Tony
    It did! Can be a real PITA to keep clean, but when its clean and protected it looks so good!
    Michael Daboll

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting. I miss the “wax” reviews. I’d use that in a heartbeat if I git it on sale.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Wax seems like a misnomer. Sounds like a thick coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Wax seems like a misnomer. Sounds like a thick coating.
    It applies almost identically to a carnauba wax. It gives a warm glow to the paint like a carnauba wax. It actually removes easier than a canauba wax and it has longer durability. I think it being called a wax is very accurate. It feels exactly like a wax, not a coating.
    Michael Daboll

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Thanks for posting. I miss the “wax” reviews. I’d use that in a heartbeat if I git it on sale.
    No problem! I got some more wax reviews coming--not silica waxes either. Just regular carnauaba paste waxes
    Michael Daboll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information