Post Thanks / Like

Surf City Garage Interior Detailer Review

Hello All,
    Getting back into reviews, and this time it is on the Surf City Garage Limited Edition Interior Detailer. Disclaimer: I am Factory Sponsored by Surf City Garage for 2019, so I did receive the product for free, however as many of you know, I write very honest reviews and I will stay true to that regardless of sponsorship.

Background:
    The car is my 2019 Veloster Turbo R Spec. I got the car in January, so it is new. This was after two weeks without cleaning. Nothing crazy, just some light dust and some kick marks from getting in and out of the vehicle. My pedals and dead petal were very dirty however, due to wet/ snowy shoes constantly using them. I had to wash the car in the self-service bay (I live in a dorm room) late at night, so apologies for the pictures being at night. Let me know what you think of the review and any feedback you might have. Enjoy!

Product/ Packaging/ Price:
    This product is in the Limited Edition bottle. It is the same product as the SCG Dash Away, which costs $12 for 24oz and $34 for the gallon. However, the Limited Edition bottle is only offered in 20z and costs $10.95. Before, it said this was the limited edition bottle, but now it specifically states it is the New Look version of Dash Away. Not sure if this is replacing Dash Away alltogether, or if it is just a limited run bottle. Regardless, I like this special packaging much more than the original. The label is much cleaner and it just looks better IMO, and the labels are hilarious on all of there bottles. The label and bottle are high quality and waterproof, which is always a plus. The instructions were very clear and easy to find. I like that the product isn`t just 16oz. It`s an odd size that stands out to me on my shelf of interior cleaners. The product contains cleaning agents and UV protection, and claims to not leave a greasy residue. The sprayer is also unique. Not only does it have just a stream and spray function, but you can pull the sprayer out for the foam setting. I thought this was pretty cool instead of having to buy a separate foaming nozzle. One final thing I would like to mention is the quality guarantee. The bottle states that if the product isn`t the best you`ve ever tried, the founder will personally buy it back (kind of like the Adam`s guarantee). Not a deal-breaker to buy the product, but definitely nice to have.

Application/ Scent:
    To apply the product, I sprayed it onto a microfiber towel and rubbed into the surface. I then flipped the towel to remove any residue. I usually use two towels--one to spread and work-in the product and a second to remove the residue, but this product didn`t seem to need it. I used this product everywhere, including my nav screen and it didn`t leave any streaks. The residue was very easy to remove with the backside of the towel. The product was very easy to use and I spent some time to really work it into the surface. Their didn`t seem to be any type of added scent. It smelled like a typical interior cleaner. I`ve found that these interior detailer type products really have solid cleaning power when worked into the surface. It left my interior (all plastic in the Hyundai lol) slightly conditioned, but not greasy or oily or slippery which I really like. I would say it is a slight step above a matte finish product, such as NextZette Cockpit Premium in terms of shine. As you can see in the pictures, it is definitely not shiny, but nicely conditioned:

Foaming Application:
    For the pedals, I decided to utilize the foaming nozzle. The product didn`t come out super foamy, but it did foam a little bit more than the traditional spray application. I sprayed it onto the pedals and used a brush to help remove the more stubborn grime. What I really liked about this product was that when applied to the door panels and dash, it didn`t foam up at all really and was very easy to remove the residue. But when I used the brush, the product really foamed up like an interior cleaner. Usually, interior detailers with UV protection don`t foam up, even when used with a brush, so I liked that this product has both.

Sprayed on the foam setting:

After agitation with a brush:

Final result of the dead pedal:

Final thoughts/ Recommendation:
    Overall, I really liked the product. I actually enjoyed the lack of scent. Since my car is new, I don`t really want another scent masking the "new car" scent. I also really liked the spray nozzle that gave a variety of application methods and how the product can be applied to the door panels and dash without foaming, but also foams when you want it to with a brush. It left a really nice look and hopefully the UV blockers will prevent my entire plastic interior from cracking. The product is very affordable and I can see myself using this every week for quick clean-ups. I wouldn`t recommend this product for really dirty interiors, but it wasn`t designed for that. Nothing in my car is leather, so I didn`t get to see the performance on the leather. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a maintenance interior product.

Thanks for viewing, let me know what you think!
    Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Surf City Garage Interior Detailer Review

Quote Originally Posted by m54daboll View Post
    ... I would say it is a slight step above a matte finish product, such as NextZette Cockpit Premium in terms of shine...
    Ah, that`s exactly what I was wondering! Thanks for hitting my particular nail right on the head

... I actually enjoyed the lack of scent. Since my car is new, I don`t really want another scent masking the "new car" scent...
    Ah, enjoyed reading that I like mine to "just smell new" indefinitely too. Although yeah, I do use the 1ZCP (the short-lived scent of which I kinda like, but I`m glad it fades before I next use the car).
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, that label is pretty boring looking. Overall, a pretty decent product. I think it works better than Megs interior cleaner, which quite frankly didn`t clean squat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ah, that`s exactly what I was wondering! Thanks for hitting my particular nail right on the head

Ah, enjoyed reading that I like mine to "just smell new" indefinitely too. Although yeah, I do use the 1ZCP (the short-lived scent of which I kinda like, but I`m glad it fades before I next use the car).
    I agree. Cockpit premium smells like Sprite to me. But it does fade pretty quickly which I like.
    Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m54daboll View Post
    I agree. Cockpit premium smells like Sprite to me. But it does fade pretty quickly which I like.
    Heh heh, funny you mentioned that! Sprite is the only soda pop I drink on a remotely regular basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Surf City Dash Away has worked extremely well for me. It is very versatile, so many uses from dash to carpet to seats.

Thread Information